Squat w/belt:

162.5*1
165*5

CGBP:

100*5

A few hours later...
Deadlift + light band:

180*4

Decided to just start a deload now as I've now got the fresher's flu and I just don't feel like I had any strength today :frown: Still have that annoying pain in my backside when I sit down too.

Tried out Deadlifts with a band today with what have estimated through tests is around 40kg tension at the top. A bit more than I want as I want to follow the guideline of 15% band tension but it seems to be accomplishing what I want which is making the knee level and above ROM hard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Tuesday:

2ct Pause CGBP:

97.5*4/5

7ct Pause Squat:

140*4

CG Floor Press:

90*5

Gonna start adding the duration of pause to my lifts from now on. ct stands for count which basically means stuff like 7ct is me counting in my head 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 so maybe like 3.5 seconds.
Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

207.5*5

Push Press:

75*5

Pin Squat:

150*4

Pretty pleased with today. Despite feeling like crap still my lifting was pretty good. Actually added 2.5kg to what I was planning on deadlifting today and was easily @7 or below.
Friday:

Medium Grip Bench Press:

105*4

Sumo Deadlift:

180*5

GHR:

BW*2*8

hmm think I'll do 3ct pause CGBP instead of medium grip. Still feels a bit iffy.

Sumo strength has gone up a lot since I last did them too. I guess a big part is just getting a lot stronger but I feel like the fact that snatch grips improved my grip so much means I can hold onto the bar much easier (I do them DOH). 180 used to be sooo hard DOH.

There's some guy in my gym who I know has done 190*2 bench yet he can barely do like 180*3/4 half squats, sets of 190kg DL. I think I remember him once pulling 240kg (starting at top to get stretch reflex...) but lol he's either the ultimate bro or he is my polar opposite in terms of genetics.

Also nice podcast:

http://robbiebourke.podbean.com/e/episode-57-interview-with-mike-tuchscherer/
(edited 9 years ago)
Starting out listening to Louie then stopped just like me :biggrin:
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage
Starting out listening to Louie then stopped just like me :biggrin:

I think that's how a lot of us start :tongue:
Monday:

Squat w/belt:

170*5

CGBP:

102.5*5

Deadlift + mini band:

187.5*5

hmm problem with having 4 hours of lectures in a row in the morning with not much food is that I'm quite tired if I go to workout afterwards... :/

Squats were alright but I seem to be falling forward a lot more than usual which is annoying.

I also tried deadlifts with the mini band instead today and one of them seems to have ~20kg band tension which is about what I want. Still felt hard as hell today though.
Tuesday:

2ct Pause CGBP:

100*5

7ct Pause Squat:

142.5*4

CG Floor Press:

92.5*5

hmm weird feeling in my shoulder/pec area today. Not great ¬¬

Also thinking of investing into some oly shoes for squats. Think my bar path will be a lot better.
Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

212.5*5

Push Press:

77.5*5

Pin Squat:

152.5*4

Not bad. Deadlift feeling pretty good.
Friday:

3ct Pause CGBP:

97.5*5

Sumo Deadlift:

185*5

GHR:

BW+2.5kg*2*8

Last couple sessions this week didn't feel as good as I hoped but this one felt pretty good. Can't wait to hop back on the deadlift gainz train.
Original post by Motorbiker

ty, nice to have a new follower :biggrin:

tl;dr of past weeks I'm currently on a sort of deload trying to get my strength back. Next week deadlifting 217.5*5 and if I feel the RPE is @7ish it would suggest a strength increase and I might start normal work with a top set of 230*4 @ 8.
Original post by Jtking3000
ty, nice to have a new follower :biggrin:

tl;dr of past weeks I'm currently on a sort of deload trying to get my strength back. Next week deadlifting 217.5*5 and if I feel the RPE is @7ish it would suggest a strength increase and I might start normal work with a top set of 230*4 @ 8.

Good to know. :smile:

Deloads are important sometimes.
Monday:

Squat w/belt:

175*5

CGBP:

105*5

Deadlift + mini band:

190*5

Got my oly shoes today \o/ At light weights it doesn't seem to make much of a difference but as the weight goes up it feels like it helps keep the c.g. over mid foot. That should hopefully solve the pitching problem. It does seem to make the bottom feel different though which made my squats feel a bit weird today so I'll probably play it safe and and start with 180*4 next week.

Bench ----> naff as usual

Deadlifts felt decent although it feels kind of odd how the start of the pull feels heavier than it should. Might be that my stance width means the bands kick in more than I thought when I was testing them out using plates.

Also did 22.5*3*5 DB curls for lolz yesterday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Tuesday:

2ct Pause CGBP:

101*5

7ct Pause Squat:

145*4

CG Floor Press:

95*5

hmm the pause squats were easier than last week. However I think I should start working on ankle mobility again as I feel like it's the reason why I can't seem to find a strong bottom position anymore.

Also surprisingly I was sore from yesterday despite going through high stress weeks before with seemingly no soreness.
(edited 9 years ago)
A seven count pause squat?

I'd fall asleep or die if I had to stop for seven seconds...
Original post by Motorbiker
A seven count pause squat?

I'd fall asleep or die if I had to stop for seven seconds...

It's more like half that. It's just me counting 1 to 7 in my head
Thursday:

Deadlift w/belt:

217.5*5

Push Press:

80*5

Pin Squat:

155*4

Pretty nice day. Everything felt easy. Except Pin squats. Pin squats never feel easy. Zoe smith was also in front of my power rack again too :biggrin:

Pretty sure deads felt like an @7. Speed was pretty fast so I think I might be starting next week with a e1rm of 276 8)

Also for some reason my deadlift form is starting to look a lot more like Tom Martin's lately lol
(edited 9 years ago)
My Squats often look like his. I'd take it as a good sign and carry on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest