The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

been pretty great today..

Bains + fab assist will see me drop down a bit, but hopefully can keep in the top10, which will be a good rise from 14th at the start of the weekend..
actually, just checked the table.. big drop after 6th, so should end the weekend on 6th, unless smeone had a stormer today :biggrin: happy with that, and well back in the race for the top spots (where I was before the mini-meltdown)
Original post by The Assassin
anyone? :biggrin:

I would gamble on the second.. Lots of Everton's attacks going through Baines. And Pelle/Southampton are approaching a rough set of fixtures from gw 12/13 onwards.
Original post by Isometrix
Getting Fabregas back would be my priority.

Silva is dispensable, and Sterling is starting to look like it too.

Doing Silva to Fab and then going with your plan B seems decent. If you're still able to do Sterling to Walcott if the time comes you'll be in a good position.

10 points for Silva this week...:unimpressed:

But seriously, that was good advice. Fabregas goes away from home, gets marked out of the game by Big Fellinho and still serves up an assist and two big old bappers.

Sterling is a conundrum though. Seemingly his heavy point-scoring is reliant on having a player such as Subway Danny or Swearez to drag players about. Thing is, I really don't want to waste 2 transfers and some ca$hmoney getting rid then getting back again when Liverpool's fortunes improve, as they undoubtedly will in a couple of games... hmm.

Sanchez is looking a banker now but what happens when Walcott returns.

I enjoy these weeks when the big hitters don't deliver. People get jittery and do crazy things. Dusan Tadic... Dusan who? Dusan Turdic did you say? Berahino? Bera-who-neo?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
10 points for Silva this week...:unimpressed:

But seriously, that was good advice. Fabregas goes away from home, gets marked out of the game by Big Fellinho and still serves up an assist and two big old bappers.

Sterling is a conundrum though. Seemingly his heavy point-scoring is reliant on having a player such as Subway Danny or Swearez to drag players about. Thing is, I really don't want to waste 2 transfers and some ca$hmoney getting rid then getting back again when Liverpool's fortunes improve, as they undoubtedly will in a couple of games... hmm.

Sanchez is looking a banker now but what happens when Walcott returns.

I enjoy these weeks when the big hitters don't deliver. People get jittery and do crazy things. Dusan Tadic... Dusan who?

Yeah Fabregas just has ridiculous consistency, has delivered in all but 2 games. Silva has only produced in 3 games so far. Fab will outscore Silva by the end of the season hands down.

I want Sanchez or Baines, can't have both annoyingly. Not having Baines is a very annoying situation when he keeps ticking along getting assists and the odd CS and goal. Tempted to ditch Sterling, assume Baines as my 4th mid and go 4-3-3...

Mate Sakho is such a steal though. Can't justify dropping any of my front 3 though, especially if Costa is fit to play QPR. Dropping Aguero for Sakho would enable Sanchez and Baines however, solving my above dilemma.
Original post by Isometrix
Yeah Fabregas just has ridiculous consistency, has delivered in all but 2 games. Silva has only produced in 3 games so far. Fab will outscore Silva by the end of the season hands down.

I want Sanchez or Baines, can't have both annoyingly. Not having Baines is a very annoying situation when he keeps ticking along getting assists and the odd CS and goal. Tempted to ditch Sterling, assume Baines as my 4th mid and go 4-3-3...

Mate Sakho is such a steal though. Can't justify dropping any of my front 3 though, especially if Costa is fit to play QPR. Dropping Aguero for Sakho would enable Sanchez and Baines however, solving my above dilemma.

Yeah i'm looking into Sahko, Berawhothehell and, don't laugh, a certain young Charles 'Charlie' Austin.

The main problem I have is 2-fold and is that at the moment - and we know how quickly this can change for players in their first season - Pelle looks a banker for 38 games. The team has GOALS in them so even when he hits a sticky patch he looks as though he'll pick up the odd assist. Dropping him is a big call.

Secondly, the only reason to drop him is to get in Sanchez. Yet Liverpool's great fixtures dovetail beautifully with The Scummers awful fixtures and probably a Subway Danny return to fitness, so getting rid of £terling (for sanchez) is perhaps not a great move once you factor in the transfers used and pounds lost.

That leaves Siggy (nope, no way he's going anywhere), Fab (same), Boyd (too low value) and ADM. And even today when ADM was not great and stuck out on the wing he managed points.

Oh I don't know, it's all such a conundrum. Aguero getting crocked would solve this...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
33 points. 2 left...

anyone? :biggrin:

Second one.
Yeah i'm looking into Sahko, Berawhothehell and, don't laugh, a certain young Charles 'Charlie' Austin.

The main problem I have is 2-fold and is that at the moment - and we know how quickly this can change for players in their first season - Pelle looks a banker for 38 games. The team has GOALS in them so even when he hits a sticky patch he looks as though he'll pick up the odd assist. Dropping him is a big call.

Secondly, the only reason to drop him is to get in Sanchez. Yet Liverpool's great fixtures dovetail beautifully with The Scummers awful fixtures and probably a Subway Danny return to fitness, so getting rid of £terling (for sanchez) is perhaps not a great move once you factor in the transfers used and pounds lost.

That leaves Siggy (nope, no way he's going anywhere), Fab (same), Boyd (too low value) and ADM. And even today when ADM was not great and stuck out on the wing he managed points.

Oh I don't know, it's all such a conundrum. Aguero getting crocked would solve this...

In a similar situation. Might just sacrifice sterling due to my sheer hate of Liverpool. Will probably cost me like last season though :/
I dropped Sigurdsson, as i needed Baines more. Long term plan is Sterling to Walcott and Fabregas to Hazard (as you know he will start going big soon, and Fabregas inevitably will drop off as the season continues), or try to get in Hazard for Sterling ideally, but i don't have the money around to do that.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Another mistake I made was that I banked a lot on Alexis Sanchez who I thought was an outside bet for top scorer in the Premier League and as a midfielder with his goals counting for more points than a forward I thought he was a must have, effectively he was my Diego Costa, but again he's not quite done it, so I swapped him out for Di Maria.

Yep, another bad decision by me - Sanchez has been on fire the past two weeks, ie the two weeks since I ditched him for Di Maria!

Apparently he's being investigated by the FA for something he did in the West Ham game that the referee didn't see, and he could get a 3 match ban if he is found guilty. Could shake things up a bit especially if Costa is also out, because there are no other 'premium' strikers worth getting atm.

Original post by Gob Bluth
I dropped Sigurdsson, as i needed Baines more. Long term plan is Sterling to Walcott and Fabregas to Hazard (as you know he will start going big soon, and Fabregas inevitably will drop off as the season continues), or try to get in Hazard for Sterling ideally, but i don't have the money around to do that.

Was planning Sterling > Hazard but i've gone for Sanchez instead. It's easy enough to change if need be.

Sakho or Berahino is my dilemma atm :beard:
Reply 3031
62 points when Chambers comes in... Closing in on 1st place in the TSR league :biggrin:
Original post by sr90

I'd do Zaha > 4.5m mid (cheap bench fodder who you only play if the others get injured) and use the £2m to do Lukaku > Costa

Gonna do what you say this week on shifting out Zaha.

Who would you suggest out of George Boyd, Sammy Ameobi or Cheick Tiote as a 4.4m man.
Original post by sr90
Apparently he's being investigated by the FA for something he did in the West Ham game that the referee didn't see, and he could get a 3 match ban if he is found guilty. Could shake things up a bit especially if Costa is also out, because there are no other 'premium' strikers worth getting atm.

Wonder if they will all go for Pelle, driving his price up even further...
Original post by sr90
Apparently he's being investigated by the FA for something he did in the West Ham game that the referee didn't see

I watched that but i'm not at all convinced there'll be action taken. Looked totally inconclusive
I feared I was on for a bad weekend after I took a 4 point hit to bring Aguero in and captained him, whilst getting rid of Silva in the process. But I haven't done too badly. 50 points currently with Guzan to play tomorrow. Sanchez and a couple of clean sheets saved me, with Pelle and Fabregas chipping in as well.
56 points for me

My defence performed the best :lol:

Baines - 7
Chambers - 7
Clyne - 7
Taylor - 6
happy with this week.. back up to 6th, and recovered from my bad couple of weeks.. 19pts off the lead seems very reasonable..

But bloody hell, only won my H2H by 2pts, 64-63..

He got an absolute load from captaining sanchez..

Anyway, onwards and upwards, season high of 3rd so far, which I want to get back to..
Joint highest score, with little wizards deleted team on 64, feel sorry for the chap who lost to him this week!
41 points with Hutton yet to play. I guess the only downside is putting Chambers on the bench.

Quick Reply