The Student Room Group

Black spot scars?

Hey lovelies,

SO I have a lot of ugly BLACK spot scars and they really p me off because they're so noticeable and make me very insecure about myself!😔

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what cream to use to remove them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoniaTwizere
Hey lovelies,

SO I have a lot of ugly BLACK spot scars and they really p me off because they're so noticeable and make me very insecure about myself!������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read the title as "black sport cars" I think I need some sleep.

Anyways, my mum had some scar marks on her legs because she had this rash that she would scratch bla bla. She tried Bio oil and she thinks it's helped slightly. Albeit it took quite a while to see some results (6-12months)
Buy some rose-water from a supermarket and apply it to your face each night (before bed) with a cotton wool pad!

If the scars are extremely dark and obvious add a dash of lemon juice to the rose water before applying it to your face - the lemon acts as a natural bleach and the rose water just somehow gets rid of acne scars! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
i had a scar on my eye brow really pissed me off, i used bio oil and castor oil and it is nearly back to normal :biggrin:, bio oil is good for scars
Clinique has a dark spot corrector, works wonders. My friend had quite a bit of scarring, started using it in the summer and now they're literally gone. See if you can go to the counter and get them to recommend a product as they would know what best to use to get the best results. It's a bit pricey but it's a good quality and if you stick to the routine it does work.
Hey lovelies,

SO I have a lot of ugly BLACK spot scars and they really p me off because they're so noticeable and make me very insecure about myself!😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Osiris recovery oil is good for scar fading, it is basically a cheaper but more effective than bio oil as it has more natural ingredients:biggrin::biggrin: Also Palmer's skin success is also good for fading scars but some people get much better results than others when using this, they also have a soap which is good too :smile::smile:
Lemon juice & Almond oil are your best friends. You'll see the change in a few months, not overnight.
Original post by R Dragon
I read the title as "black sport cars" I think I need some sleep.

Anyways, my mum had some scar marks on her legs because she had this rash that she would scratch bla bla. She tried Bio oil and she thinks it's helped slightly. Albeit it took quite a while to see some results (6-12months)

Haha I had to check the title thought I made a mistake!

Ahh yeah that's the thing with bio oil it takes really really long to see improvements. Thank you for the suggestion and get some sleep sweetie. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orangem00ns
Buy some rose-water from a supermarket and apply it to your face each night (before bed) with a cotton wool pad!

If the scars are extremely dark and obvious add a dash of lemon juice to the rose water before applying it to your face - the lemon acts as a natural bleach and the rose water just somehow gets rid of acne scars! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh! Thank you so much☺️ I'm going to try this really hope it works. So tired of these spot scars!!!! Thank you hunnie. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beaverhausen
Clinique has a dark spot corrector, works wonders. My friend had quite a bit of scarring, started using it in the summer and now they're literally gone. See if you can go to the counter and get them to recommend a product as they would know what best to use to get the best results. It's a bit pricey but it's a good quality and if you stick to the routine it does work.

Thank you lovely! My friend told me about it but I was put off by the price but I've has enough of them. They literally ruin my confidence!!!! Thank you agin. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try coconut oil, that worked for me x
Original post by Funkyhouse
Hi, Osiris recovery oil is good for scar fading, it is basically a cheaper but more effective than bio oil as it has more natural ingredients:biggrin::biggrin: Also Palmer's skin success is also good for fading scars but some people get much better results than others when using this, they also have a soap which is good too :smile::smile:

Hey sugar! ☺️ Ooo thank you. I do love cheap products! Will have a look into this! Thank you very much!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophiaLDN
Lemon juice & Almond oil are your best friends. You'll see the change in a few months, not overnight.

Would you put then separately? Thank you hun☺️ X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey sugar! ☺️ Ooo thank you. I do love cheap products! Will have a look into this! Thank you very much!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 14
Bio oil worked for me in 6 months.
Original post by moe88
Bio oil worked for me in 6 months.

Thank you. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is literally my problem ATM! I tried lemon juice for 3 weeks but it felt too harsh even when diluted with water, so trying pure aloe vera now - this is the worst problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
This is literally my problem ATM! I tried lemon juice for 3 weeks but it felt too harsh even when diluted with water, so trying pure aloe vera now - this is the worst problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh it's so frustrating! Let me know if it's works hunnie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh it's so frustrating! Let me know if it's works hunnie!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the aloe has been breaking me out even more so I stopped it, I did order a cream (Daggett & Ramsdell Facial Fade) which is supposed to work, so hopefully that works! I'm so sick of being the only 17 year old I know who has to slather concealer on when everyone else is so fresh faced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I found the aloe has been breaking me out even more so I stopped it, I did order a cream (Daggett & Ramsdell Facial Fade) which is supposed to work, so hopefully that works! I'm so sick of being the only 17 year old I know who has to slather concealer on when everyone else is so fresh faced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Hun, there's so many teenagers with black spot scars but I know what you mean! Let me know if the cream works, I hope it does lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest