The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Erm gcses 9A*s and an A
AS 4As and a B
A2 prediction 4A*s

I submitted my application on the 3rd October, and got an aaa offer from leeds last Wednesday and a*abb offer from notts on fri but track was offline so I didn't get to see it until today aha

Where else have you applied? Manchester's a really good uni, bit too close to home for me though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford, LSE, Nott and Warwick!
Good luck with your application!
Reply 761
Original post by anonwinner
Anyone else applying for Economics and Politics? I have offers from Bristol and Manchester so far

Gongrats on the offers! Im also applying for that course at Bristol. How long did it take for them to respond and what were your predicted grades? If you dont mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harrypotterfan6
Oxford, LSE, Nott and Warwick!
Good luck with your application!

you too! I'm sure if you're applying to oxford and lse you'll get into notts :biggrin: I'm personally just really hoping for a warwick offer atm, their campus is beautiful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YNWA
Gongrats on the offers! Im also applying for that course at Bristol. How long did it take for them to respond and what were your predicted grades? If you dont mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

They replied in 6 days, my predicted grades are AAA in maths, history, and business studies. What are you predicted grades and where else are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 764
Anybody know how long UCL/Warwick take to reply?
I do! You got any other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham and Manchester, still waiting for hear from Warwick, Bristol and Oxford. Wbu?
Original post by rohan202
Nottingham and Manchester, still waiting for hear from Warwick, Bristol and Oxford. Wbu?

I've got nottingham and leeds, waiting for warwick durham and cambridge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got nottingham and leeds, waiting for warwick durham and cambridge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what happened on your track this morning?
Original post by magnetic19
what happened on your track this morning?

Track reopened last night so I managed to see my notts offer then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Track reopened last night so I managed to see my notts offer then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats!!
Reply 770
Anybody know how long Warwick and UCL take to decide on applications sent around the time of the oxbridge deadline?
Original post by magnetic19
congrats!!

Thanks! Nottingham has such a nice campus, I'm just happy I can have a firm and an insurance now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sat here having applied to Cambridge lse Warwick Exeter and ucl and I've hear nothing :frown: :frown:
Reply 773
Has anyone applied for economics and econometrics ?
Original post by cp1996
Anybody know how long Warwick and UCL take to decide on applications sent around the time of the oxbridge deadline?

Both usually next year
Original post by cp1996

Dunno about UCL, but it seems like Warwick are first giving out offers to everyone with 4A* predictions. I guess then they'll move on to the rest
I received a Warwick offer for Economics on Oct. 24th. My ucas was sent on Oct.14th.
Reply 777
Original post by StudyNow
I received a Warwick offer for Economics on Oct. 24th. My ucas was sent on Oct.14th.

Congrats!!:smile:
What are your stats(GCSE, AS grades, A2 predictions) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
Congrats!!:smile:
What are your stats(GCSE, AS grades, A2 predictions) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Since I am an international student, I didn't do GCSE. I've got A*AA in Maths, Economics and Physics. My A2 prediction is A*A*A*A with A in Economics.
Reply 779
Original post by calthedude
I applied exactly 2 weeks ago today, was hoping for more earlier but it looks like a theme for eco as plenty of candidates for unis to wait

I'm still waiting for nottingham :/ when did they give you your offer? And what are your predicted grades and AS's if you don't mind me asking?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending