The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
You don't even want to talk to him hayles.
Although I kinda would like you see you beat him down...

Das it. Get your woman to do the beating down for you
Original post by AR_95
Das it. Get your woman to do the beating down for you

:cool:
just started watching Gotham.
did anybody else try to work out which characters might be signiciant ones famous to the franchise in the future?
i.e: i know who penguin is (since they say it a few times) but that also meant that i knew he wasn't gonna die :/

also disappointed that they killed the Waynes in the first episode too.
i think somebody else picked up on that saying that it could've happened in the finale of series 1 for instance so that their deaths could "matter" more to viewers.
overall though it was a good pilot and i'm hoping for more :smile:
Original post by jam277
I'll be up for it tomorrow.

Get TehForum in as well. What was your room called? Plug stopped working for me after that update.

Gone but never forgotten.
Plug never works any more. Says I can't log in cos my account 'already exists' lol?
Original post by Deshi
Sr90 already said LosingDogs isn't SUG

Pretty sure its FKLW

It's a different IP, SUG makes all his dupes on the same IP and I doubt the guy would go through the effort to have conversations with himself.
Original post by sr90
It's a different IP, SUG makes all his dupes on the same IP and I doubt the guy would go through the effort to have conversations with himself.

Lol, you seriously underestimate how pathetic SUG can be...

Also, I'm pretty sure IP's aren't difficult to scramble/change.
Shots shots and more shots

What happened to the "family villagey" atmosphere we had in here a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7408
Original post by AR_95
Shots shots and more shots

What happened to the "family villagey" atmosphere we had in here a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too many dupes and bull****ters on misc trying to impress people these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Too many dupes and bull****ters on misc trying to impress people these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been saying time after time, allow dupes. At least if you're going to reveal your identity or make it obvious then fair play but don't come in here hiding your self out that's just long
Yeah SUG makes his dupes obvious and has the same style of writing.

I'll allow him for now.

I'm annoyed atm, got turned down for a tenancy manager role because I didn't have a driving license. Just got the theory test book now, how long will it take to learn? May just spend a week banging this **** out, when I'm ready for the test I should go for it. Also how many lessons does it take to do the practical? Don't wanna be spending too much money. I am looking to get a car in a couple years not yet tho.

Anyone got a few decent mid ranged used cars?
(edited 9 years ago)
Also if you man are stressed get some peppermint oil, Dilute the **** on your back. It provides this stinging but soothing sensation, similar to when you put deep heat on an inflammation. It also has gotten rid of my flu.
Original post by jam277
Yeah SUG makes his dupes obvious and has the same style of writing.

I'll allow him for now.

I'm annoyed atm, got turned down for a tenancy manager role because I didn't have a driving license. Just got the theory test book now, how long will it take to learn? May just spend a week banging this **** out, when I'm ready for the test I should go for it. Also how many lessons does it take to do the practical? Don't wanna be spending too much money. I am looking to get a car in a couple years not yet tho.

Anyone got a few decent mid ranged used cars?

How the **** do you not know how to drive yet?

You can do the theory anytime it's a piece of piss lol. For practical test just do a 2 week intensive course. Costs **** loads and it's non stop driving but thts the quickest way to pass. Need to book your test first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Parano!d
How the **** do you not know how to drive yet?

You can do the theory anytime it's a piece of piss lol. For practical test just do a 2 week intensive course. Costs **** loads and it's non stop driving but thts the quickest way to pass. Need to book your test first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was lazy in university.

I think I'll just book the theory in a few weeks then. Just bought the CD yday so will learn it over the next couple of days.
Would say learning to drive takes a long time and a lot of money. That is basically what you are paying for with lessons. Not just passing the test its experience hour and hours, of situations and stuff to help you be a good driver. Intensive courses are like cramming for a test, you'll pass all the same, but you won't be as good as the guy who studies properly. Depends what you want and how much time you've got.
Original post by jam277

I think I'll just book the theory in a few weeks then. Just bought the CD yday so will learn it over the next couple of days.

I did 2 hours per week and it took me about 5 months.
Could've done it earlier but I wanted to be extra prepared for my test.
I had a really good instructor (like 90% first time pass or something) so it cost me £22.50 per hour, whereas some of my mates were paying like £18.

If you got the money and pick things up fast, I reckon you could get it done in 4 months :smile:
Original post by jam277

Jammy. Did you say you'd had a video interview for a company? I've got my first one in the next day or two, pretty nervous. What was your (or anybody else's) strategy.

Also found out that I passed the Diagrammatical for another scheme! Thought I'd only got 1 out of 10.
Original post by Eboracum
Jammy. Did you say you'd had a video interview for a company? I've got my first one in the next day or two, pretty nervous. What was your (or anybody else's) strategy.

Also found out that I passed the Diagrammatical for another scheme! Thought I'd only got 1 out of 10.

Na I had a phone interview. Similar I guess but they can't see what you're doing I guess.

Strategies would be to prepare questions, key questions and memorise the answers to a T. That gives you confidence, so if you get a question you're not prepared for, you can go around the subject and hopefully understand it. :smile:

Also you have bankers. In football terms, beat the small teams, use that as confidence to beat the big teams, if you play the same way you did against smaller teams you may lose the big teams, but at least you put in a good performance. That's essentially how I view an interview. Also have some peppermint/spearmint tea, calms you down very well.

Good luck mate.
Guy I know met RVP in Harrods
If you get a car to help practice in you should be able to get it done fairly quickly. One of my friends did this and she had five 2 hour lessons before taking her test (and passing). Sounds hard to believe but she's not the type of person to exaggerate/lie.

Latest