The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

when i was at uni - no internationals ever commented how wealthy they are or that they are royal blood etc..
it just comes across as snobby, sorta like "hey i'm better than you because i have £££ that you can most likely never have and the best thing is that i have never had to work for it, which is why i am better and richer than you"
I say live life OP and you shouldn`t give a toss about what other people say
Reply 303
I hear you mate.We're in exact same situation my parents told me they could buy me a car and a house in my country near to wherever my college is. But I chose to come to UK and have a prestigious degree at King's. It requires guts to choose this cuz it's pure challenge for us.

And I can see these people obviously missing the main point by focusing on your examples(BMW etc). You chose to be here not the pure luxurious life you could've there.

Ps. Why would someone brag on a website to the people who he'll probably never see or meet in real life for god's sake?!
Heeeyyyy Guys !!!!
So I thought may be I should write over here how did IT GO.

When I came over here first day, I was really nervous to talk to people but eventually I ended up making some really nice friends over here. We all sit in the kitchen every evening and discuss some random topics and here is the interesting part,

Eventually they also came up with the same topic, Are you rich ?? Actually it started with a girl asking me this , " How do you afford such a lifestyle over here at this young age?" And I was like Oh God not agaaaiinnn !!!! I tried to avoid this but then all came up with questions like this and then I told them all and believe me people in real life are a lot better than I saw on TSR. But yeah I can feel why do people hate rich students over here because most of the students are taking loans and under debts already and when they see somebody living like a normal rich person there is nothing much they can do but hate them.

And haha I did not know I had a posh accent before coming over here. There is this English girl who told me last week that I sound like posh and well educated lol. I did not know what did that mean first but later figured it out. These people are actually awesome and they all surely love me. They think I am way too funny and that english girl says she has never met anybody like me ( I hope she is trying to hit on me because uumm she is quite nice).

So basically yeah any international student can settle in here really easily but one needs a lot of self confident because of the language barrier but for me it was not a problem plus they like my accent too and obviously I have succeeded in making many nice friends over here. And yeah do not forget, they do love rich people !!!

English people are awesome especially the girls oh man I like that girl and have my eyes on her and sheee lives in my friend's kitcheeennnn (which I do not visit much because I live off campus). I LOVE ENGLAND AND ITS PEOPLE !!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Troll detected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plus to the people who do not drink and say hanging out with friends without drinking is impossible , i would say I do not drink and go to clubs in London and nobody ever forced me. Plus I do b boying dancing too so yeah definitely one can enjoy clubs without drinking ( but I am not sure if you can end up without f***ing).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 307
Original post by BWV1007
Troll detected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't detect that months ago? :s-smilie:
I used to live with an international student who had a lot of money - her parents paid for everything. This didn't really bother me in itself - what did bother me was that she judged me for taking any and all jobs I could get to earn money, such as waitressing. She'd say to me on many occasions that she'd rather ring daddy and ask for another couple of grand rather than "stoop to my level". Not a nice girl.
Original post by staticrhubarb
I used to live with an international student who had a lot of money - her parents paid for everything. This didn't really bother me in itself - what did bother me was that she judged me for taking any and all jobs I could get to earn money, such as waitressing. She'd say to me on many occasions that she'd rather ring daddy and ask for another couple of grand rather than "stoop to my level". Not a nice girl.

I am not like that ! Not everybody is the same
Wow the amount of anger created by jealousy is insane in this thread - lol! I mean if you're born in a rich family, what can you do about it? Are you supposed to say no to money your parents offer you?

If you were rich and had kids who you respected and loved, wouldn't you share some of your wealth with them?

And what's that about bmw's.. they're the best. I bet those people slagging them have never driven one. I'm personally by no means a rich kid, but I still invested in a BMW on my little student budget because I had to drive long distances back to my home country pretty often.

I have to say I have no respect for rich kids who brag with their wealth etc, or look down on less wealthy people.. but if you have the wealth, you are allowed to use it!
Original post by beast132
Wow the amount of anger created by jealousy is insane in this thread - lol! I mean if you're born in a rich family, what can you do about it? Are you supposed to say no to money your parents offer you?

If you were rich and had kids who you respected and loved, wouldn't you share some of your wealth with them?

And what's that about bmw's.. they're the best. I bet those people slagging them have never driven one. I'm personally by no means a rich kid, but I still invested in a BMW on my little student budget because I had to drive long distances back to my home country pretty often.

I have to say I have no respect for rich kids who brag with their wealth etc, or look down on less wealthy people.. but if you have the wealth, you are allowed to use it!

AGREE COMPLETELY ! and btw its just over here people are so jealous otherwise I did not really experience anything close to this in my real life yet !
Original post by krazy prince
I am not like that ! Not everybody is the same

I never said you were. I'm just saying that people with a LOT of money potentially can be very spoilt, and shared my experience.
Original post by krazy prince
Hello, I am an international student and am holding an offer from kings.
Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us and found it quite funny when I read the threads like what do rich international students think of us and they are spoiled etc.
Actually why I made this thread is so I can know why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand (fluent English) . I, before reading threads like this, thought that may be students would think down on me as I don't belong to their culture and dun know how the things go on there (though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) .
So to tell u about myself , yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people and personally am a very down to earth person, this is the reason m leaving all this wealth n moving over there but still all these come with me where ever I'll move.
Thanks for reading this essay and please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u.

You can be rich but you are illiterate in English sunshine.
Just making a thread like this shows your colours tbh. I know people who have money and businesses left right and centre but are humble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. I'm not even sure he's really rich. He writes like a 3-year-old.
2. Even if he were rich, he won't go far with such horrible language skills.
3. What you earn BY YOURSELF tastes much sweeter, and I agree with whoever said Macs are impractical.
Oh, it looks like I hit a nerve there, krazy prince. I believe your "rich" story less and less. Also, I reported your post. Swearing is so childish...
If you believe the OP is a troll, then use the report function instead of throwing insults around.

Latest

Trending

Trending