The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

sorry to hear about your rejections, congrats on the interview though
I'm waiting for NRF too, may i know when you applied?
Reply 141
Original post by school_freak
sorry to hear about your rejections, congrats on the interview though
I'm waiting for NRF too, may i know when you applied?

exactly a week ago I think… its so irritating being rejected so early on when you can't even figure out what they didn't like! hope yours goes better than mine :smile:
Original post by iwantatc
Anyone had/ got an AC at BLP?

I have had one. Feel free to PM me!
Anyone had a Herbert Smith AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who has applied to Travers Smith, I got an email saying they will process applications in the new year and get back to me. However, I've heard that some people get invited to interview or rejected within two weeks of applying. Does this mean I'm on some sort of waiting list?
Anyone heard anything from Bird & Bird?
Original post by ChristinaST
Anyone who has applied to Travers Smith, I got an email saying they will process applications in the new year and get back to me. However, I've heard that some people get invited to interview or rejected within two weeks of applying. Does this mean I'm on some sort of waiting list?

I also applied to Travers Smith around 3 weeks ago (that was for the winter scheme) but I haven't received any correspondence from them yet.
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered on another thread, I couldn't see it if so!

I was wondering if anyone knows how it works with firms and sending out links for testing - I'm applying for Winter VS at the minute, and just now I sent off my app for BLP and got an invite to testing literally straight away. That hasn't happened to me before.

Will there be some kind of filter in place? Or will they just send it out to everyone? :confused:

Thanks!
Original post by soph497
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how it works with firms and sending out links for testing - I'm applying for Winter VS at the minute, and just now I sent off my app for BLP and got an invite to testing literally straight away. That hasn't happened to me before.

Will there be some kind of filter in place? Or will they just send it out to everyone? :confused:

Thanks!

Some firms automatically send you an invitation to complete the test immediately after you submit an application. Fairly sure Freshfields do it too.
Original post by soph497
Hi all,

Thanks!

For BLP they review your application in conjunction with your verbal analysis test score.
Has anyone attended any linklaters assessment days recently and know how long they take to reply? I went to one yesterday and heard they reply pretty quickly so I'm pretty anxious
Original post by Chianti1
For BLP they review your application in conjunction with your verbal analysis test score.

Thanks for the reply, I assumed as much.
What I meant was - they sent me the verbal testing straight away, so without having reviewed my application. Does this mean they'll send everyone testing?
Original post by J-SP
It probably means you have to take the test to complete your application, so everyone gets it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking so, thanks :smile:
Original post by Kidioteque
Some firms automatically send you an invitation to complete the test immediately after you submit an application. Fairly sure Freshfields do it too.

Ahh I see, thanks for the clarification!
Just sent off my Macfarlanes application. Fingers crossed!
Trying to find time to properly do vac scheme applications is tricky in term time. Might have to wait until the Christmas holidays to get down to it.
is anyone waiting on ashurst?
Original post by school_freak
is anyone waiting on ashurst?

I am, how long ago did you apply?
Original post by Chianti1
I am, how long ago did you apply?

applied a little over a week ago
Has anyone heard back from Freshfields?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending