:love:

You're a married man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LosingDogs
You're a married man

Posted from TSR Mobile

touche
Original post by Lúcio
you're completely right and i can't tell you how frustrating it is.
it's a double whammy too - we buy the wrong players and severely overspend on them.

but the season is young, i still have faith, there is still time.

If it's any consolation we've pissed away just as much money on Zaha, Young, Bebe, Smalling, Nani, Anderson etc.

The last two are costing us £200k per week in wages and won't ever play a single minute for Manchester United again.
Original post by samir12
Even a team like Chelsea suffered today without their top striker. One top striker can really make the difference.

Exactly, we played a bit more like last seasons Chelsea, Drogba did well holding up the ball tho. We don't have the beast David Luiz to hold leads so can't park the bus.

Remy there instead of Drogba would have done more serious damage. But again we played away from home.
I can see Can, Manquillo and Moreno as successful signings to be honest. Lallana looks alright but struggles to impose himself on the game so we have to wait and see. Not looking good for Lovren, same for Balo although we have yet to see Balo play more games with another striker so we'll see. Markovic is too raw atm, price tag however deems it a flop signing for me. Lambert is hardly given any game time so can't judge yet although he played well up front with Balotelli against Hull.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
If it's any consolation we've pissed away just as much money on Zaha, Young, Bebe, Smalling, Nani, Anderson etc.

The last two are costing us £200k per week in wages and won't ever play a single minute for Manchester United again.

The difference is that you're Manchester United.
That money is nothing for you in the great scheme of things.
We've spent money that we needed to spend to make CL.
If we fail this season, do you think we're really getting a 200m bail out?
Original post by samir12
I can see Can, Manquillo and Moreno as successful signings to be honest. Lallana looks alright but struggles to impose himself on the game so we have to wait and see. Not looking good for Lovren, same for Balo although we have yet to see Balo play more games with another striker so we'll see. Markovic is too raw atm, price tag however deems it a flop signing for me. Lambert is hardly given any game time so can't judge yet although he played well up front with Balotelli against Hull.

Great evaluation.
Moreno and manquillo deserve far more credit than they're getting to be honest - they're exactly what we need and are both definite improvements on what we had.

Yeah, lallana hasn't fully settled in but you never know if he's gonna have a blinder or be totally anonymous (similar to coutinho actually).

I think Lovren is being affected by not having a good CB partner.
Not defending him too much because he is of course responsible too but I reckon if he had a solid partner like terry or cahill, our defence would noticeably improve.

Balotelli has already been given too many chances imo.
Rodgers has little other choice due to Sturridge's injury.
It's still early but if he carries on as he is, he'll be up with being one of the worst signings I've ever seen our club make.

Markovic for his price tag is disappointing although it's clear we bought his future and he has barely had any game time yet anyway so we should reserve judgement.

I'm impressed by Lambert.
He's not a world beater, he was never gonna be a big name, groundbreaking signing but he works hard and he does his job.
I assume he'll get most/all of the cup match against Swansea.
He was disappointing in our last cup game but I'm just praying he scores a goal to prove to rodgers that he's worth using against Newcastle.
Original post by samir12

Moreno looks great. He just needs to bulk up a little (but not lose his pace like Insua did) but I think he can hold down LB for the next few years if his confidence/form/injuries don't ruin him.

Manquillo is still a couple of years away I think? He's built like a big unit but you can see in games that he struggles with the pace for the full 90 mins at times. He looks solid but he's more defensive of a fullback. It's good for now since Moreno bombs forward but in the future, we'd probably want a bit more from him (although he's got a decent cross on him from deep).

Can I'm not sold on yet. He's a big, powerful lad but I've not seen a dominant performance from him yet? Still would like to see him in another 5-10 games before deciding what I think. He's got the potential and on paper looks good though.

I actually like the look of Lallana. He's like a David Silva-lite. The ball just sticks to him and he's able to twist both ways (it's actually a great ability of a lot of Rodgers' signings - Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge all have that ability). Just needs to impose himself more in games and make that decisive contribution. The problem is that Lallana and Allen are great technical players but look like they need to be carried by the team a little? I think that's perception rather than the truth though.

Johnson and Enrique are past it now though. Hopefully Flanagan comes back stronger. He's still out for another 2 months. I do sometimes wonder if Flanagan and Manquillo are enough quality for the future. We'll need another LB too for when we let Enrique go. Least that can be a back up to Moreno.
Looks like Luis Suarez still rules the media

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-denies-racist---8003220

After all is said and done, LFC could have hired a team of Latin Lawyers to handle this case.
Forgive me if I don't have much optimism for tomorrow night :frown:
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Looks like Luis Suarez still rules the media

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-denies-racist---8003220

After all is said and done, LFC could have hired a team of Latin Lawyers to handle this case.

No, Suarez is a ****wit frankly.

It doesn't matter if he used the phrase (subjectively) in a manner which was racist or not. The panel decided on an objective manner and saw that Evra did view it as racist.

LFC handled it badly? He could've just ****ing not said it!
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Forgive me if I don't have much optimism for tomorrow night :frown:

Well we're not in great form at the moment. I imagine we'll rotate and all the fringe players will get a game..
Original post by Zerforax
Moreno looks great. He just needs to bulk up a little (but not lose his pace like Insua did) but I think he can hold down LB for the next few years if his confidence/form/injuries don't ruin him.

Manquillo is still a couple of years away I think? He's built like a big unit but you can see in games that he struggles with the pace for the full 90 mins at times. He looks solid but he's more defensive of a fullback. It's good for now since Moreno bombs forward but in the future, we'd probably want a bit more from him (although he's got a decent cross on him from deep).

Can I'm not sold on yet. He's a big, powerful lad but I've not seen a dominant performance from him yet? Still would like to see him in another 5-10 games before deciding what I think. He's got the potential and on paper looks good though.

I actually like the look of Lallana. He's like a David Silva-lite. The ball just sticks to him and he's able to twist both ways (it's actually a great ability of a lot of Rodgers' signings - Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge all have that ability). Just needs to impose himself more in games and make that decisive contribution. The problem is that Lallana and Allen are great technical players but look like they need to be carried by the team a little? I think that's perception rather than the truth though.

Johnson and Enrique are past it now though. Hopefully Flanagan comes back stronger. He's still out for another 2 months. I do sometimes wonder if Flanagan and Manquillo are enough quality for the future. We'll need another LB too for when we let Enrique go. Least that can be a back up to Moreno.

i agree - out of all our signings i'm most pleased with our fullbacks.
it's a shame our defence is as bad as ever but i wouldn't put it down to manquillo/moreno; they're clear improvements on johnson/enrique.

yeah there was loads of big talk about can, like him being a powerhouse than can dominate midfield.
the problem is we haven't really seen much to suggest so.
however it's very early - he's barely had more than a few games for us and i'm sure he'll settle in well.

again with lallana the problem is consistency.
we can't have another player like coutinho who may do one amazing thing then be totally anonymous for the next half hour.
i do think lallana wil impose himself though - he was a clear, consistent presence in the southampton team last year and i think he just needs more time to replicate that here.

overall it's quite clear that we don't really have much of a clue how good some of our signings are gonna be.
obviously opposing fans are gonna jump in saying how ineffective they have been but i won't judge any of them fully until at least after xmas.
except balotelli, he can go back to milan....

Well we're not in great form at the moment. I imagine we'll rotate and all the fringe players will get a game..

maybe that's what we need.
i'm looking forward to seeing lambert get a game, even borini too.
markovic will be interesting too - he isn't still injured is he?
shame suso is out, i always like to see him in some of these cup games.

i'm actually looking forward to tomorrow night tbh.
similar to arsenal going out to soton, swansea definitely aren't a bad side and it's only the league cup anyway.
i would obviously like us to progress but it's definitely not the end of the world if not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Jones
Enrique, Johnson, Lovren, Toure
Can, Allen, Lucas
Borini, Lambert, Markovic

That's pretty much second string?
Original post by Lúcio
i agree - out of all our signings i'm most pleased with our fullbacks.
it's a shame our defence is as bad as ever but i wouldn't put it down to manquillo/moreno; they're clear improvements on johnson/enrique.

yeah there was loads of big talk about can, like him being a powerhouse than can dominate midfield.
the problem is we haven't really seen much to suggest so.
however it's very early - he's barely had more than a few games for us and i'm sure he'll settle in well.

again with lallana the problem is consistency.
we can't have another player like coutinho who may do one amazing thing then be totally anonymous for the next half hour.
i do think lallana wil impose himself though - he was a clear, consistent presence in the southampton team last year and i think he just needs more time to replicate that here.

overall it's quite clear that we don't really have much of a clue how good some of our signings are gonna be.
obviously opposing fans are gonna jump in saying how ineffective they have been but i won't judge any of them fully until at least after xmas.
except balotelli, he can go back to milan....

Well I'm delighted with Moreno over Enrique. Johnson has been average to poor but I don't think Manquillo has been that great. He's been solid at best (which isn't working when the rest of the defence are making so many mistakes).

Well Can had all those injuries for quite a while. I do sometimes wonder if Gerrard playing puts pressure on the CBs and his CM partner?

We have too many players who want to play centrally now - Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Lallana etc.

Well we saw people jump the gun and judge Henderson very quickly but a few people thought he would come good.

If Balotelli managed to get a hattrick, I think we'd see a different player for a few games. You can see that his confidence has taken a hit.
Jones
Enrique, Johnson, Lovren, Toure
Can, Allen, Lucas
Borini, Lambert, Markovic

That's pretty much second string?

pretty much what i'd be thinking.
i would never pair skrtel and toure together but one of lovren/skrtel should sit this one out.

we'd probably struggle really bad with that team in terms of creativity
i'd consider playing coutinho and henderson since they only got a half hour in the hull game.
i'd like to see brendan experiment too - maybe play borini and lambert up top in a partnership.

Well I'm delighted with Moreno over Enrique. Johnson has been average to poor but I don't think Manquillo has been that great. He's been solid at best (which isn't working when the rest of the defence are making so many mistakes).

Well Can had all those injuries for quite a while. I do sometimes wonder if Gerrard playing puts pressure on the CBs and his CM partner?

We have too many players who want to play centrally now - Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Lallana etc.

Well we saw people jump the gun and judge Henderson very quickly but a few people thought he would come good.

If Balotelli managed to get a hattrick, I think we'd see a different player for a few games. You can see that his confidence has taken a hit.

admittedly johnson hasn't been THAT bad considering what we expect from him.
manquillo isn't groundbreaking but he's definitely a higher level than johnson and i'd surely sign him even if just as a back up for a new RB that we could bring in over the summer.

gerrard is a shame.
he clearly doesn't have the defensive capabilities (primarily mobility wise) to shield our defence and other teams are pressing high to him too which limits his distribution.
rodgers should think more about playing him further forward and taking him off in the second half.
gerrard may be slow but he has composure and creativity; something we're really lacking right now going forward.

when we bought henderson i was disappointed more in the price than anything else but looking at him now, his progression has been bloody outstanding.

oh yes, without doubt balotelli is a confidence player but we gotta weigh up if it's worth it.
think about how many chances he's had to impress, how many sitters he has had.
it just isn't happening for him and i'm getting fed up with him costing us points.
Lol Christian Purslow has been appointed at Chelsea.
Reply 4538
Original post by Lúcio

i'd like to see brendan experiment too - maybe play borini and lambert up top in a partnership.

I would definitely like to see a Lambert and Borini partnership tomorrow. Whilst they both lack a little bit of quality and influence in a game, I do think they would be well suited to each other and could a better bet than a misfiring Balotelli. I'm not completely sure Borini is fit though? He's not been on the bench for the last 2 or 3 games, but that might just be because BR wants an extra midfielder on the bench and feels Lambert is more likely to have an impact from the bench than Borini.

I do think the diamond is over-rated and last season we played better with a 4-3-3 and we only used a diamond in order to get Suarez and Sturridge in the best possible positions. However, it is obvious none of our three back-up strikers is good enough or can have enough influence in a game to play as a lone striker. Every time we have gone to a diamond this season, we have started to play much better and I would like to see us starting with it until Sturridge is back.

Unfortunately it means players like Lallana and/or Coutinho dropping to the bench and Markovic getting absolutely no game time at all but I think it's for the best.
Original post by cBay
I would definitely like to see a Lambert and Borini partnership tomorrow. Whilst they both lack a little bit of quality and influence in a game, I do think they would be well suited to each other and could a better bet than a misfiring Balotelli. I'm not completely sure Borini is fit though? He's not been on the bench for the last 2 or 3 games, but that might just be because BR wants an extra midfielder on the bench and feels Lambert is more likely to have an impact from the bench than Borini.

I do think the diamond is over-rated and last season we played better with a 4-3-3 and we only used a diamond in order to get Suarez and Sturridge in the best possible positions. However, it is obvious none of our three back-up strikers is good enough or can have enough influence in a game to play as a lone striker. Every time we have gone to a diamond this season, we have started to play much better and I would like to see us starting with it until Sturridge is back.

Unfortunately it means players like Lallana and/or Coutinho dropping to the bench and Markovic getting absolutely no game time at all but I think it's for the best.

well so far, playing a single striker up top has been hilariously ineffective and i don't know why rodgers persists.
lambert in particular plays off other players really well, holding the ball up and putting them through.
lambert and sturridge would actually be an interesting partnership (although i don't see that happening).

i haven't heard any injury/ lack of fitness news on borini so i would expect him to play tomorrow.
diamond is definitely our best formation for the team we have.
it's clear that our problem right now isn't just creating chances, it's finishing them off.
we need to get our strikers playing in a system where they feel confident; we need to make it optimal for them and build around that because quite simply goals are what we need; we just aren't scoring enough.

i think for now with sturridge out and us struggling with strikers, some players' game time will have to be sacrificed
i fully expect markovic to be limited and we've already seen coutinho being left out of the starting 11 pretty often.

Quick Reply

Latest