The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by frankers1088
I've been invited (mine is on Tuesday) and there has been at least one other person who has posted that they have also been invited to Tuesday's SRAC. I'm currently trying to prepare and am searching for strong examples where social research has had a positive/negative impact as well as trying to freshen up my knowledge from my degree that I finished 4 years ago!

Yeah I've seen people posting about OR and SR assessment centres but no-one for statistics.
Hey folks, quick question: If we're successful, when do the fast streams begin?
Reply 662
You're asked when you can start - but the majority of postings start at the beginning of September.
Anyone for the ORAC, how much detail are you covering one of the 4 topics given? I've got a good understanding and practice on bayes nets but not sure if I should go into more depth or just keep doing practice questions :erm:
I've been given an EAC date a week earlier than the EAC open day, did anyone else have this problem? Is it possible to arrange another day for the EAC if i want to attend the open day?
Original post by madl24903
Hey folks, quick question: If we're successful, when do the fast streams begin?

This year it was about 50/50 between September and October starts.
Reply 666
E-tray automatic pass and fail should be up this week is it?
Reply 667
Original post by PJ07
E-tray automatic pass and fail should be up this week is it?

The message on the candidate portal implies the initial pass/fail marks should be set by the end of the working week (31st) - so fingers crossed!

(Hasn't stopped me from checking incessantly.. not sure I'll cope if it goes down to the wire!)
Reply 668
Original post by kat.lev
The message on the candidate portal implies the initial pass/fail marks should be set by the end of the working week (31st) - so fingers crossed!

(Hasn't stopped me from checking incessantly.. not sure I'll cope if it goes down to the wire!)

Wow my reply was a little bit too keen.. such a loser!

I'm at work as well :eek:
Hello, sorry if this has already been answered. I'm on the stage where you choose your first and second choice options for generalist and I'm slightly confused. I like the sound of the diplomatic stream but I'm worried about the going overseas element (what if your circumstances change in the two years before you go, and you can't/don't want to go abroad?) and I'm not that interested in the Houses of Parliament stream. So the best option seemed the central departments one, but the instructions make it seem as if it's better to leave that as second choice regardless? Is this the case? Should I still put diplomatic as first and leave central as second?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 670
Original post by SalvioHexia
Hello, sorry if this has already been answered. I'm on the stage where you choose your first and second choice options for generalist and I'm slightly confused. I like the sound of the diplomatic stream but I'm worried about the going overseas element (what if your circumstances change in the two years before you go, and you can't/don't want to go abroad?) and I'm not that interested in the Houses of Parliament stream. So the best option seemed the central departments one, but the instructions make it seem as if it's better to leave that as second choice regardless? Is this the case? Should I still put diplomatic as first and leave central as second?

Definitely for an official answer on what happens if you change your mind, your best bet is to contact either Parity, or better in my opinion, the Fast Streamers on the Facebook page.

If you want to go for DS, obviously you have to put it down now. The process is designed to be transparent and fair so if you choose not to elect it now, you won't be able to change your mind later on. However, you would be able to turn it down in favour of CD, as of course you will not be forced to take any job against your will!

You would always withdraw from the DS option later on having selected it. I know that last year a candidate did just that when he/she decided it was too expensive to return to UK from abroad and pulled out of the DS Final Selection Board, and accepted her #2 choice of CD instead.
Reply 671
Original post by nimoy234
I've been given an EAC date a week earlier than the EAC open day, did anyone else have this problem? Is it possible to arrange another day for the EAC if i want to attend the open day?

I'd call Parity and give it a go - they were very accomodating when I needed to change my EAC date (albeit for a different reason). I found the Open Day extremely useful so if you can, do attend!
Reply 672
Original post by kat.lev

:crossedf: yeah I'm the same... the waiting is always the worst!

Best of luck to you!
Facebook is probably the best place to ask queries on day-to-day things and parity for application process related queries. I've got some general information on the schemes as I'm speaking at an event tomorrow but facebook is the primary way those sorts of queries are being answered.
Reply 674
Original post by PJ07
:crossedf: yeah I'm the same... the waiting is always the worst!

Best of luck to you!

Thanks, you too, let's hope for some good news this week! :biggrin:
Back from the OR open day, it was actually really useful!

Just need to make sure that I demonstrate the competencies well :erm:
Reply 676
Anyone had their etray result? I'm assuming some people might hear this week?
Original post by ryan_ni
Anyone had their etray result? I'm assuming some people might hear this week?

We should take bets for when we might hear :biggrin:
Reply 678
Original post by madl24903
We should take bets for when we might hear :biggrin:

Ok! I'll go tomorrow 2pm (28th Oct) first pass marks. Final band narrowing 19th December.

Purely speculation!!
Original post by ryan_ni
Ok! I'll go tomorrow 2pm (28th Oct) first pass marks. Final band narrowing 19th December.

Purely speculation!!

I'm thinking Thursday (30th Oct) at about 2pm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending