The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've ended up stalling Maison Ikkoku - definitely not my thing anymore. :yucky: But since I'm supposed to be making the backlog smaller, not bigger, I'll be resuming Candy Candy instead of starting something completely new.
Reply 8041
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've ended up stalling Maison Ikkoku - definitely not my thing anymore. :yucky: But since I'm supposed to be making the backlog smaller, not bigger, I'll be resuming Candy Candy instead of starting something completely new.

Regarding Maison Ikkoku, I'm assuming you've chosen to stall it because of the repetitive episodic nature of the anime (exacerbated by its length)? More specifically, the two leads failing to be honest with themselves, creating misunderstanding after misunderstanding in the process due to the lack of communication? If that's the reason, I can understand. Fortunately, in my case, I saw a re-run on television, meaning I saw each episode weekly, as opposed to watching them back to back like you have. The latter would be a frustrating experience, I'd imagine.

It still remains one of my favourite romance series, if only out of nostalgia for it. A classic, if you will. I'm sure if I decided to watch it now, I'd probably have a different opinion of it, possibly. That said, I do have a soft spot for Takahashi's works. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Regarding Maison Ikkoku, I'm assuming you've chosen to stall it because of the repetitive episodic nature of the anime (exacerbated by its length)? More specifically, the two leads failing to be honest with themselves, creating misunderstanding after misunderstanding in the process due to the lack of communication? If that's the reason, I can understand. Fortunately, in my case, I saw a re-run on television, meaning I saw each episode weekly, as opposed to watching them back to back like you have. The latter would be a frustrating experience, I'd imagine.

It still remains one of my favourite romance series, if only out of nostalgia for it. A classic, if you will. I'm sure if I decided to watch it now, I'd probably have a different opinion of it, possibly. That said, I do have a soft spot for Takahashi's works. :redface:

Nah, length and repetition was what made me stop Candy Candy. :p:

In Maison Ikkoku's case, Godai's behaviour (in episode 19 in particular) was sickening me.
Anyone watching Parasyte? The first episode didn't really pull me in, but I've really enjoyed these latest two. I think what I'm enjoying most is, in words that avoid spoiling anything, the relationship between the two main characters and the differences between them.

And, speaking of character interaction, Fate/stay night! Great so far, though episode 3 was a bit of a drag for someone who already understands the series. I liked the parallels between Kirei's introduction in Fate/Zero and his introduction here, but as a role reversal.
Original post by xDave-
Anyone watching Parasyte? The first episode didn't really pull me in, but I've really enjoyed these latest two. I think what I'm enjoying most is, in words that avoid spoiling anything, the relationship between the two main characters and the differences between them.

And, speaking of character interaction, Fate/stay night! Great so far, though episode 3 was a bit of a drag for someone who already understands the series. I liked the parallels between Kirei's introduction in Fate/Zero and his introduction here, but as a role reversal.

I'm watching both (though am not quite up to date on Parasyte yet). Though what I've seen of the relationship between Migi and Shinichi has been great so far, hilarious at times and chilling at others. :biggrin:

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is off to a very slow start, what with the double length first episodes followed by a recap of the grail war rules, but I know I'll love it when it gets going. :yes:
Just a heads up for anyone who is watching Unlimited Blade Works and has an Anime-Planet account - they've dropped the episode count down to 2 so that it matches the numbers in the episodes themselves, and have added a separate entry for the prologue (episode 0), which you'll have to mark as watched again manually. *instantly noticed the drop in his episode count, OCD has its uses*

On the plus side, at least it now recognises ep 0 as double length! :king1: Not so for episode 1, though.
i just got back into anime and just watched nanatsu no tazai which is maaaad i had to read the manga .any anime recommendations im bored as hell here
Original post by the north
i just got back into anime and just watched nanatsu no tazai which is maaaad i had to read the manga .any anime recommendations im bored as hell here

Are there any particular genres you're interested in? If not, here's a few general recommendations. :smile:

From the current season: Parasyte -the maxim- , Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis , Gugure! Kokkuri-san

Complete series: Steins;Gate , Baccano! , Nichijou TV
Are there any particular genres you're interested in? If not, here's a few general recommendations. :smile:

From the current season: Parasyte -the maxim- , Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis , Gugure! Kokkuri-san

Complete series: Steins;Gate , Baccano! , Nichijou TV

i hate watching current season anime because i dont have no patience and just go read the manga so i ruin the anime. also heard great things about steins;gate but isnt it like a sequel or something ?
Original post by the north
i hate watching current season anime because i dont have no patience and just go read the manga so i ruin the anime. also heard great things about steins;gate but isnt it like a sequel or something ?

Steins;Gate is the second in a series of visual novels that have been adapted to anime - the first is Chaos;Head, and the third is Robotics;Notes. However, they all have completely stand-alone stories and separate casts of characters, the only real link is that they're all 'Science Adventures'. :tongue:

Steins;Gate is usually ranked the highest of the anime adaptations (and is one of my all time favourite series). The other two had their good parts, but also a number of flaws, IMO.
Reply 8050
Nah, length and repetition was what made me stop Candy Candy. :p:

In Maison Ikkoku's case, Godai's behaviour (in episode 19 in particular) was sickening me.

Wow, he sickened you? I can't really recall anything he did that caused much for concern, but then again, it's been a while. :redface:
This is what happened when I had a free lesson, a whiteboard pen, a whiteboard and was in my soxth form's common room.
The ones that isnt on there are less important, sorry. (Except natsu from fairy tail:facepalm:).
Going to make this in to a weekly thing in my sixth forms common room.

I believe they are good enough for you to notice who they are. :biggrin:

Haters invited. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here going to Minamicon in March? I've registered, it'll be my first time at any convention aside from the Telford expo. :biggrin:
Original post by angryjellyfish
is anyone here going to minamicon in march? I've registered, it'll be my first time at any convention aside from the telford expo. :d

8 eugenius
:poke:

name that tune event hype
Original post by Abzey_97
This is what happened when I had a free lesson, a whiteboard pen, a whiteboard and was in my soxth form's common room.
The ones that isnt on there are less important, sorry. (Except natsu from fairy tail:facepalm:).
Going to make this in to a weekly thing in my sixth forms common room.

I believe they are good enough for you to notice who they are. :biggrin:

Haters invited. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow they're pretty good :biggrin:

Original post by Keoje
name that tune event hype

Hmm I duno man, not really hyped for cons anymore :tongue:
Original post by eugenius 8
wow they're pretty good :biggrin:

Hmm I duno man, not really hyped for cons anymore :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really liking Yuki Yuna so far!

With Yuki Yuna, Shirobako, Log Horizon 2, Tribe Cool Crew & Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road this is a really good season for me! :smile: & there are still a few things I want to try when I get the chance so it could get even better.
A blogger friend has just created a 'name that anime from the OP' quiz - all shows from 2010- current season. I got 43/50!

I watch way too much anime.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/5camp/anime-openings-from-the-first-half-of-the-2010s
Original post by caraniel
A blogger friend has just created a 'name that anime from the OP' quiz - all shows from 2010- current season. I got 43/50!

I watch way too much anime.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/5camp/anime-openings-from-the-first-half-of-the-2010s

34/50, with a few embarrassing ones missed out.

My answers (fails in red) - spoilers obviously

Started watching The iDOLM@STER and I already love it. Idol shows seem to be my weakness. (I'm equal opportunities though; I loved Love Live! & Uta no Prince-sama so I don't discriminate based on gender of the idols. :tongue:)

Latest

Trending

Trending