The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello all :smile:

I'm applying too for the first time for the GEP. Applied to Kings, Liverpool, UCLAN and Cardiff undergrad.
Predicted a 2:1 in medical science
A levels AAB
GCSEs 4A* 5A 2B
UKCAT average 750 (hoping this will be good for Kings!)
Getting slightly nervous about the UCLAN exam, when do you think we will hear, November?
Original post by LittleLamp
Hello all :smile:

I'm applying too for the first time for the GEP. Applied to Kings, Liverpool, UCLAN and Cardiff undergrad.
Predicted a 2:1 in medical science
A levels AAB
GCSEs 4A* 5A 2B
UKCAT average 750 (hoping this will be good for Kings!)
Getting slightly nervous about the UCLAN exam, when do you think we will hear, November?

Hi there,

I was wondering the same thing about UCLAN! How long can they leave it do you reckon? I think around 200 sit the exam so I suppose when they have managed to get through and rank all the applications?
Reply 123
Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year my friend sat the exam in December with the interview in January
This thread is from last year, looking through gives a good indication of when we can expect to hear back from certain universities! :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2435319&page=7
Reply 125
Oh so pretty soon then. Eeeeeeek!
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if I as a dentist who graduated outside UK with a BDS degree be eligible to apply for Graduate entry?
I know it doesn't sound right but as a non UK graduate it's almost next to impossible to get the GDC license to work as a dentist in UK. So the only option for me is to study the whole thing again in UK.
Do you guys think that I stand a good chance for getting accepted? If so, what happens with the funding?
My first degree was outside UK and was self funded. Would I be able to apply for Student Finance?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Regards.
Original post by dr_aftab
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if I as a dentist who graduated outside UK with a BDS degree be eligible to apply for Graduate entry?
I know it doesn't sound right but as a non UK graduate it's almost next to impossible to get the GDC license to work as a dentist in UK. So the only option for me is to study the whole thing again in UK.
Do you guys think that I stand a good chance for getting accepted? If so, what happens with the funding?
My first degree was outside UK and was self funded. Would I be able to apply for Student Finance?
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Regards.

Hi,

I think the best thing to do would be to give the universities a call and ask directly. Obviously you're a good candidate!
Are you from the UK originally? If so then you will be eligible for student finance :smile:

You have missed the application deadline this year, so keep on trying with the GDC, perhaps there's a shorter route
Good luck
Original post by BiomedDentist
Hi,

I think the best thing to do would be to give the universities a call and ask directly. Obviously you're a good candidate!
Are you from the UK originally? If so then you will be eligible for student finance :smile:

You have missed the application deadline this year, so keep on trying with the GDC, perhaps there's a shorter route
Good luck

Thanks for your reply.
I have already contacted the universities but haven't heard anything back yet. I hope that it's good news when i finally get a reply.
I'm not from UK but a family member of EU citizen so i would be treated as an EU citizen in regards to Student finance application.
The only thing I am concerned about is whether my previous education would be taken into account or not when applying for SF loan as from what I know an applicant can't apply for loan if it's a second degree even if the first degree was self financed. However, I'm not too sure about SF loan if it's a Graduate entry programme.
As for GDC, I'm still trying to sort the registration out but it seems like it's not going to happen.
Dentistry for me has been a long ride and I just don't want to give up even though I'm 29 already. I just hope there's a way out of this for me to actually start practising my profession :smile:
Hey guys has anyone heard back from Uclan yet about the exam invitation I had an email from them a week ago to fill in some further details in a form but other than that I didn't get a reply :/
Original post by dentgeek290
Hey guys has anyone heard back from Uclan yet about the exam invitation I had an email from them a week ago to fill in some further details in a form but other than that I didn't get a reply :/

What was the further details? I haven't heard a thing since I sent my application! Getting worried now. :confused:

Has anyone else heard anything from UCLAN?
What was the further details? I haven't heard a thing since I sent my application! Getting worried now. :confused:

Has anyone else heard anything from UCLAN?

Yeah I got a verification of prior learning form which I had to fill out and email it back to them so check your emails to see if they have sent you one as I had mine a week ago.
Yeah I got a verification of prior learning form which I had to fill out and email it back to them so check your emails to see if they have sent you one as I had mine a week ago.

Oh right, I sent mine with my application. Haven't heard any reply though!
Oh right, I sent mine with my application. Haven't heard any reply though!

Aww okay! did you get a reply from them once you had sent the form off?
Aww okay! did you get a reply from them once you had sent the form off?

Nope, nothing at all! :frown:

Don't worry I got mine on the 4th last year so if it doesn't come by then, then I would recommend calling up the uni to ask :smile:
Is anyone applying to Leeds by any chance and doing the BMAT on the 5th Nov? As its only a trial, I haven't really revised for it as im writing my dissertation at the moment so dont have the time... but I'm feeling kind of guilty now eventhough it doesnt count haha, is anyone doing the same?

Me neither :/
Original post by r.turner20
Is anyone applying to Leeds by any chance and doing the BMAT on the 5th Nov? As its only a trial, I haven't really revised for it as im writing my dissertation at the moment so dont have the time... but I'm feeling kind of guilty now eventhough it doesnt count haha, is anyone doing the same?

I'm doing it too I'm so nervous :/
Is anyone else panicking about the last minute UCLAN exam or just me! If I'm actually invited :s!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest