The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a320airbus97
Yes, I did: have you received an offer? Where else have you applied?

Congratulations on your offer! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 841
Original post by oreoenthusiast
What do you guys think the chances are of people from the same school (one just started their gap year, the other in year 13) applying for Economics at the same university both getting an offer?

Already happened in my school for Bath :smile: depends on grades and personal statement though I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danialani_
Congratulations on your offer! When did you send your application and when did you receive your offer if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

You have misunderstood my previous post: I was answering whether or not I had applied to Queen Mary, not if I had received an offer (which I haven't yet).
What other universities have you applied to?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oreoenthusiast
What do you guys think the chances are of people from the same school (one just started their gap year, the other in year 13) applying for Economics at the same university both getting an offer?

Why would universities care - last year, there were 10 people who applied to the same course at the same uni and all get offers.

Unis aren't going to discriminate against you if you go to the same school, admission is based on your application alone.
Has anybody applied/going to apply to do Economics & Finance?
Yes, I did: have you received an offer? Where else have you applied?

No not yet, Just my username and password for the portal. I applied to Warwick, queen Mary, Nottingham, leeds, Manchester
Reply 846
Original post by 29Bilal96
ah okay, got any offers yet?
and pembroke, although i reckon its a long shot with a B in FM...worth i try i guess :tongue:
which unis did you apply to?

No :frown:
You can always impress at the interview! Tbh, Cambridge is a bit of a long shot for me too!
Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol- quite a common combination:tongue:
Just got an offer from queen Mary!!!!! AAA including maths
Original post by sr234
No :frown:
You can always impress at the interview! Tbh, Cambridge is a bit of a long shot for me too!
Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol- quite a common combination:tongue:

ah well, hope for the best i guess :P
yeah thats if i even get called for an interview though...and yeah i guess.
woah looking at those unis though you probably have a really strong application...but aren't they all A*AA offers?
Original post by sarah.97
Just got an offer from queen Mary!!!!! AAA including maths

Congratulations! May I ask what your predicted grades are, and when you sent your application?
woah looking at those unis though you probably have a really strong application...but aren't they all A*AA offers?

whats your UMS average out of curiosity? cos thats what will determine whether you get an interview
Original post by groovyd97
whats your UMS average out of curiosity? cos thats what will determine whether you get an interview

meh :tongue:
Congratulations! May I ask what your predicted grades are, and when you sent your application?

A*AA I'm politics, maths & economics respectively, sent it on the 15th Oct
Thank you 😊
Reply 853
I was predicted that tbf, but still? I wouldn't have applied either if I knew I could get that offer, I feel like it must be a mistake
Reply 854
Original post by dstunr
I was predicted that tbf, but still? I wouldn't have applied either if I knew I could get that offer, I feel like it must be a mistake

It's not just you two as well, happening quite a lot from what I've seen :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 855
I've also just been offered A*A*A which is ridiculous as their website says it varies between A*AA - AAB! Really all it's done is pushed them way down in my choices now
(Lol re-posting my message here because I didn't notice this sticky thread at first)

Just got an A*A*A offer from Exeter, well excited to finally get an offer but it's an odd offer to say the least! I was planning on Exeter being my fifth choice so I think that's now gone out the window haha.

Surely giving out such high offers is going to detract loads of people from putting it as firm/insurance because I'm presuming there's going to be lots like me who were originally planning to have them as a back up.

Reply 857

Fingers crossed!
Well Bristol would be AAB (contextual offer since I got to a bad school):tongue: But yeah pretty scary I really want an offer from Bristol:rolleyes:
Reply 858
Original post by magnetic19
Yeah I'm exactly like you and it's so stupid because it has definitely put me off...
I have two lower offers from higher ranked unis for economics so why would I now put Exeter down? It's now shot down to my fifth

I just don't understand their thought process? It's turned so many people away and it feels like there punishing people for having high predicted grades !
Original post by sr234
Fingers crossed!
Well Bristol would be AAB (contextual offer since I got to a bad school):tongue: But yeah pretty scary I really want an offer from Bristol:rolleyes:

yup good luck :biggrin:
ah okay, yeah so that would be your insurance choice then i'm guessing?
patienceeeee trust me you'll get one... :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending