The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cBay
<snip>

(it's a totally legitimate tv channel, i dunno what you're talking about mister sr90)

outstanding :colone:

is anybody gonna try to beat mr tim to posting the line up later on?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
outstanding :colone:

is anybody gonna try to beat mr tim to posting the line up later on?

It's not official until mr.tim posts it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jones, Manquillo, Lovren, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho Markovic, Lambert, Borini

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Can, Rossitor, Skrtel, Balotelli, Lallana.

2 up front again then. Henderson captains.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Jones, Manquillo, Lovren, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho Markovic, Lambert, Borini

At least Sterling is finally getting some bloody rest
Pretty 'meh' starting XI tonight.

Won't be posting during the game, no 3G reception inside Anfield :smile:
It'll be great if we can win convincingly tonight and finally kick start our season and go a winning run.
Original post by mr tim

more or less what was expected
glad to see a front 2 pairing and a markovic start.

johnson at LB (i assume) makes me a little nervous but i don't see why we can't beat swansea with this side.
lets just hope coutinho has a blinder:colone:
Hope for you guys you win but damn 7/10 odds for Liverpool win? Way too short..
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Pretty 'meh' starting XI tonight.

Won't be posting during the game, no 3G reception inside Anfield :smile:

Rub it in why don't ya.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decent start for once...
There's a reason I don;t like Ashley Williams but I can;t remember what it is

Anyone else reminded of Hazard the way Coutinho dribbles? Obviously not as good but
impressive start from us - swansea look hopeless going forward tbf.
i assume that means we won't capitalise on our good start and we'll concede from a set piece?
Original post by Deshi
There's a reason I don;t like Ashley Williams but I can;t remember what it is

Anyone else reminded of Hazard the way Coutinho dribbles? Obviously not as good but

Comments in his autobiography about Suarez rings a bell?
we look very fluid, coutinho having a great game and manquillo causing some problems.
but yet again we're wasteful and that's the problem :/

still early though, let's just hope we can get something before half time.
Markovic scuffs the shot but good to see him run into the box.
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
I find it unfair to scapegoat him on the dire performance of the entire team collectively. When he swapped his shirt with Pepe, it simply wasn't on but that incident is independent of his performance as a football player. If he was a massive **** but was scoring a goal every 100 minutes, nobody would be complaining but if he was struggling to make an impact and he was a massive ****, suddenly he's the reason we're playing such terrible football. Remind you of anyone - Ibra, Suarez for eg.

When Sturridge comes back, I'm pretty sure we won't miraculously become a top-4 team. Balotelli misfiring isn't the reason we're not in the top-4, he is merely one of the reasons we're not a top-4 side.

I agree - you've got lots of problems right now and he's obviously not the sole reason you're struggling. Was just making the point that he's not an overly reliable player.
very frustating to completely dominate the entire half and still go in at 0-0.
everything is there except the final ball, this is so frustrating :/

however coutinho and manquillo have been standout for us.
looks better than our first team tbh...
Original post by Lúcio
very frustating to completely dominate the entire half and still go in at 0-0.
everything is there except the final ball, this is so frustrating :/

however coutinho and manquillo have been standout for us.
looks better than our first team tbh...

This team is putting our first team to shame so far. I'm not too bothered about not scoring because so far this season we have barely been able to create any chances so it's good to see us look like scoring today, movement on and off the ball has improved a lot.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Comments in his autobiography about Suarez rings a bell?

Ah yes.

I don't know if anyone's been reading the extracts from Suarez's autobiography on the Guardian but he had a good one on the Evra incident yesterday and today there was one on Rodger's which was a good read as well.

Nice to see Markovic trying to get involved, he's so passive. He has good technique, decent touch, can play the short passes, he just has no confidence. He just needs one or two of these crappy efforts to sneak in and I reckon we'd see a completely different player.

Much better passing and movement outside the box but for all that nifty passing we haven't really created a clear cut chance, players need to take more risks, too cautious
(edited 9 years ago)
Love seeing how many lies he is putting in his book, from the Negro comment to the handshaking incident.

He never fails to amaze in ignorance.

Quick Reply

Latest