The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by 29Bilal96
yup good luck :biggrin:
ah okay, yeah so that would be your insurance choice then i'm guessing?
patienceeeee trust me you'll get one... :tongue:

Thank you:smile:
Yup , I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 861
Original post by magnetic19
It makes no sense...
I wouldn't even mind that much if we had been warned on the website that it could happen but they can't do this and not warn us!

I never would have applied there if I knew that they would make an offer that high! I'd only understand that from Cambridge but Exeter are ranked way below at 10th and has just completely put me off now!
Ah I don't even know where to apply.My predicted grades are 2A*s and a B. :frown:
Reply 863
Original post by mwatters
(Lol re-posting my message here because I didn't notice this sticky thread at first)

Just got an A*A*A offer from Exeter, well excited to finally get an offer but it's an odd offer to say the least! I was planning on Exeter being my fifth choice so I think that's now gone out the window haha.

Surely giving out such high offers is going to detract loads of people from putting it as firm/insurance because I'm presuming there's going to be lots like me who were originally planning to have them as a back up.

I just got that too wth
Original post by a320airbus97
You have misunderstood my previous post: I was answering whether or not I had applied to Queen Mary, not if I had received an offer (which I haven't yet).
What other universities have you applied to?

Oh my bad, sorry.. I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Queen Mary, Loughborough and Leicester. Yourself?
Original post by danialani_
Oh my bad, sorry.. I've applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Queen Mary, Loughborough and Leicester. Yourself?

Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City. Have you received any offers yet? I've offers from Sheffield and City.

Original post by Skill Twix
Ah I don't even know where to apply.My predicted grades are 2A*s and a B. :frown:

If you don't mind me asking, what subjects are you studying for A2 and what were your AS grades?
Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City. Have you received any offers yet? I've offers from Sheffield and City.

Congratulations! I received an offer today from Leicester.
Reply 868
I got an A*A*A offer from Exeter on friday. My mum rang them up today to ask why it was so high and they said it was because my predicted grades are high. Bit annoying really...

Congratulations to you! Good luck with your application:smile:
Original post by Jenine17
I disagree, I got an AAA offer from Nottingham since that's what I'm predicted and I don't meet the requirements for a contextual offer anyway

Ooh really I've mostly seen a*aa offers so that's what I was guessing it was

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking, what subjects are you studying for A2 and what were your AS grades?

I am doing Maths,Physics and Economics.I got 3 B's and an A.
Original post by 9876cd
I got an A*A*A offer from Exeter on friday. My mum rang them up today to ask why it was so high and they said it was because my predicted grades are high. Bit annoying really...

What are you predicted?
I am doing Maths,Physics and Economics.I got 3 B's and an A.

I'm doing Maths and Physics too! I know it must be difficult to decide which universities to apply to with your predicted grades, so if I were you, I would apply for 2 A*AA, 2 AAA, 1 AAB as A*A*B is the equivalent to A*AA.
Reply 874

What unis are you thinking?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics e my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer from any good unis

What were your predicted grade i'm thinking of applying i'm predicted AAC do you think I have a Good chance of getting an offer.I went for the open day on saturday and it seemed good.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mayowapops
What were your predicted grade i'm thinking of applying i'm predicted AAC do you think I have a Good chance of getting an offer.I went for the open day on saturday and it seemed good.

Leicester offered me ABB so I think you definitely stand a good chance. My predicted grades are A*AA.
I got AAB offer from Exeter! How come yours was so high?? Damn I would be so annoyed!!!
Original post by gameofthrones1
I got AAB offer from Exeter! How come yours was so high?? Damn I would be so annoyed!!!

It looks to be that if people are getting predicted a number of A*s then they're being given a really high offer. What grades were you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest