The Student Room Group

Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Simples101
Hey guys! If anyone can answer this as soon as possible I will be so grateful! I've finished my application form but I don't want to do the online test for another couple of days! Do you have to do them right after you click submit? If not how many days do they give, and do you get practice ones? Which tests are they, verbal numerical etc..?

THANKS A BUNCH

Hey! You do not have to do them right away. I don't know if you have a specific number of days to do them, but you can take your time.
You have a mini practice test before starting the actual test, and you have to do a numerical reasoning test and a logical reasoning test.
Good luck!
Reply 21
Original post by Simples101
Hey guys! If anyone can answer this as soon as possible I will be so grateful! I've finished my application form but I don't want to do the online test for another couple of days! Do you have to do them right after you click submit? If not how many days do they give, and do you get practice ones? Which tests are they, verbal numerical etc..?

THANKS A BUNCH

Original post by drbunhead
Woaaah! Thats loong! :P

Original post by St. Brynjar
I'm interested in supply chain!

Hey! Have you guys heard anything back yet?
Original post by Elisabetev
Hey! Have you guys heard anything back yet?

Had my Telephone interview last thursday...so awaiting for results really! Not so confident even though I prepared well tbh! :frown:

How long did it take you to hear back after your Telephone Interview?
Reply 23
Original post by drbunhead
Had my Telephone interview last thursday...so awaiting for results really! Not so confident even though I prepared well tbh! :frown:

How long did it take you to hear back after your Telephone Interview?

I'm sure you did amazing! I did it on a saturday and heard back on wednesday, so 4 days, but this was a month ago, I imagine that right now they have a bigger volume of applications to go through.

Let me know when you hear back from them!
Reply 24
Hey! You do not have to do them right away. I don't know if you have a specific number of days to do them, but you can take your time.
You have a mini practice test before starting the actual test, and you have to do a numerical reasoning test and a logical reasoning test.
Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of sites do you use to prepare for numerical/logical reasoning tests?
Reply 25
Original post by Yawn11
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of sites do you use to prepare for numerical/logical reasoning tests?

I mainly used assessmentday and the kenexa and shl official websites.
Reply 26
I mainly used assessmentday and the kenexa and shl official websites.

Do you pay for the packages or just use the free practice ones?
Reply 27
Original post by Yawn11
Do you pay for the packages or just use the free practice ones?

I bought the packages because I knew I wanted to apply months before the opening of applications so I wanted to practice as much as I could to boost my confidence and ability, but maybe you don't need as much practice, it depends! Practice the free ones, if you feel you need more, buy more.
Reply 28
Hey! It went really well, I passed. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now on news on the AC, I imagine that before the end of october I won't hear anything.
Good luck on your application! For the telephone interview just prepare examples for the standards of leadership, the whole interview is competency based.

How long did Unilever take to process your online tests?
Reply 29
Original post by wsbsahir
How long did Unilever take to process your online tests?

I can't remember exactly but it was a couple of days I think, around 4 days or something. But this was back in August, I imagine things are busier now.
Anyways a little trick, I believe that if the logical reasoning test appeared automatically you passed the numerical. But don't quote me on this. Good luck!
Reply 30
Do you get the option to take the logical test when you are ready, like you do with the numerical? I would like to spend a couple of days practising for the numerical, sit the numerical, then spend a couple of days practicing for the logical, then sit the logical.
Reply 31
Applied for the business and technology management programme yesterday. I thought the numerical test was fine but I'm not sure on the logical reasoning test (I always find those more difficult), hopefully I get a response from the soon.
Reply 32
Original post by oliviaboustead
Do you get the option to take the logical test when you are ready, like you do with the numerical? I would like to spend a couple of days practising for the numerical, sit the numerical, then spend a couple of days practicing for the logical, then sit the logical.

Hey, I think you can do that without a problem. Good luck!
Reply 33
Original post by jsuom
Applied for the business and technology management programme yesterday. I thought the numerical test was fine but I'm not sure on the logical reasoning test (I always find those more difficult), hopefully I get a response from the soon.

Hey, good luck. I had my assessment centre yesterday. Amazing company and recruitment, but unfortunately my interview was not strong enough. Hopefully it goes better for all of you still waiting.
Reply 34
Hey, good luck. I had my assessment centre yesterday. Amazing company and recruitment, but unfortunately my interview was not strong enough. Hopefully it goes better for all of you still waiting.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear. Where else are you applying?

They just sent me an email:

Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into your application for the Unilever Future Leaders Programme.

We are writing to let you know that we are continuing to evaluate your application as we want to assess each application and give it the attention it deserves.

We will be in touch again soon but in the meantime, we very much welcome your continued participation in our selection process.

Kind regards,

Unilever Future Leaders Programme Recruitment Services
Reply 35
Original post by jsuom
Thanks!

Sorry to hear. Where else are you applying?

They just sent me an email:

Hey,

Honestly I think it means they are evaluating your application and waiting for everyone that is currently attending assessment centres and see how many positions stay open. Next phase is the telephone interview.

Unilever was the company I really wanted but now that I cannot consider it I'm applying to anything that seems interesting from an HR point of view: Sainsbury's, mondelez, mars, civil service and some other companies.

Good luck!
Reply 36
Hey, I think you can do that without a problem. Good luck!

Thank you. Do the tests move onto the next question after 1 minute has passed, or do you click onto the next question yourself (exceeding 1 minute if you need to)?. The reason I ask is because I know that some test providers only give you 1 minute exactly to answer the question, and once that minute is up, you cannot review the question and the answer you give is final.
Reply 37
Original post by oliviaboustead
Thank you. Do the tests move onto the next question after 1 minute has passed, or do you click onto the next question yourself (exceeding 1 minute if you need to)?. The reason I ask is because I know that some test providers only give you 1 minute exactly to answer the question, and once that minute is up, you cannot review the question and the answer you give is final.

The test provider is kenexa therefore you can go back to questions you left behind and it won't automatically change to the next question after one minute. If you feel you need more time you can definitely take it, just be careful that you still have time to do everything.
Reply 38
The test provider is kenexa therefore you can go back to questions you left behind and it won't automatically change to the next question after one minute. If you feel you need more time you can definitely take it, just be careful that you still have time to do everything.

Thank you :smile:
So its been over 2 weeks since i had my phone interview for the summer placement and i still have not heard anything back. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending