The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

oh my.. great for you guys, avoid extra time, win the game.. balo scores..

But gutting for swansea given that card..
Piss off Liverpool do not deserve this.

Third game this season that they have fluked.
didn't see that coming, jesus christ!

dat goalkeeping though:coma:

Original post by fallen_acorns
balo scores.. but it comes with a price - extra 30 minutes of football for a team already seeming to struggle with mid-week games.. at least stirling is being rested..

:smile:
Original post by Arkasia

*******s, didn't you watch the game at all? Liverpool dominated the game, fully deserved win.
Fluke
Original post by Eboracum
But you'd expect us to be ****. Thought you were good bruv?

And Emre Can't as well. Goodness me. And I thought some of Fergie's signings were ****. At least Obertan was only 3 million. :colondollar:

For someone who seems quite intelligent, i don't quite understand how and why you are so sensationalist with your football views.

It's quite obvious a lot of these players are pretty young. Emre Can had some reputation up until this season, i've seen people compare him to Schweinsteiger (obviously not a patch on him atm, but potential wise). We'll see how the signings are over the rest of the season, and next season. We'll have a better idea when in a team which has their confidence completely shot.

The questionable signings are Markovic, Balotelli, Lovren, Lambert and Lallana was overpaid for by 10m. But we'll see again how they work out as the season progresses. Liverpool could have done with one player who was a finished product. A striker really, but not like there was a lot of options.

Original post by Arkasia

Nah, Swansea were toothless, Liverpool had control of the game but toothless there. Draw or Win fair result for Liverpool. Swansea threw it at end though
(edited 9 years ago)
i love the bitterness from rival fans.
we completely dominated that game.
we got lucky with the referee going full retard with the red card but nobody can say a win was undeserved.
We looked really great today and I'm over the moon that we were able to nick it last min. It was definitely a harsh red card tbh I was expecting a yellow for the challenge but it's good to see us capitalising on the decision.

The goals are gonna do wonders for Balo and Lovren's confidence which is exactly what we need and the win itself should boost the team's morale. Hopefully we play like tonight on Saturday vs Newcastle.
Original post by samir12
*******s, didn't you watch the game at all? Liverpool dominated the game, fully deserved win.

It was going to extra time where anything could've happened, but then the referee gives the stupidest red card I have seen for years to one of the Swansea defenders and basically hands the game to Liverpool.

Of course, afterwards people will be saying how good Balotelli was and how Liverpool showed strength and character to keep fighting to the whistle, and conveniently ignore all of the luck along the way, pretty much the same as most games this season.
Original post by Some random guy
Fluke

Sorry, did Loserpool ruin your evening? :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
i love the bitterness from rival fans.
we completely dominated that game.
we got lucky with the referee going full retard with the red card but nobody can say a win was undeserved.

Congratulations on your victory tonight. Great team spirit shown.
Original post by Arkasia
It was going to extra time where anything could've happened, but then the referee gives the stupidest red card I have seen for years to one of the Swansea defenders and basically hands the game to Liverpool.

Of course, afterwards people will be saying how good Balotelli was and how Liverpool showed strength and character to keep fighting to the whistle, and conveniently ignore all of the luck along the way, pretty much the same as most games this season.

i like you man but that's complete rubbish.
you shouldn't even be talking about late, undeserved goals being an arsenal fan and all...:K:
Wums are of such poor quality these days, it's basically impossible to fall for any of yous, it's horrendous. The worst is when the poster actually knows nothing about football, which is 90% of you

Anyway semi-decent performance and on the balance of play deserved win. Hopefully we can finally get some momentum

Shock that the first piece of quality from out wide leads to a goal eh?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia

You sound bitter, Liverpool were the better team for the 90 minutes, we scored against 11 men, who was to say we couldn't of scored again against 11 men in the extra 30 minutes. Liverpool were the better team tonight, Swansea had one moment of brilliance but that was it.
Original post by Eboracum
Congratulations on your victory tonight. Great team spirit shown.

thanks man, appreciate you saying that even though you must be pretty annoyed that we win.

the goal was late but it isn't like in the QPR game where we didn't deserve it.
we were bloody terrible with our final ball and general finishing but over the course of the entire game we were vastly superior to swansea.
Original post by Lúcio
i like you man but that's complete rubbish.
you shouldn't even be talking about late, undeserved goals being an arsenal fan and all...:K:

How is it rubbish, I highly doubt Lovren would've scored had Swansea had an extra defender on the pitch.

Besides, that's why I said "strength and character". It's the same *******s line that Wenger drags out every post-match interview, and the most infuriating excuse that basically says "we were bad but we scummed it in the last few minutes".
Tbh Liverpool had the first half and Swansea slightly edged the second half for me imo. On the balance of everything Liverpool slightly deserved to win although that sending off was shocking. Balotelli finally scores a goal in god knows how long. I think he'll carry on that momentum at the weekend and bag himself a goal or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
You sound bitter, Liverpool were the better team for the 90 minutes, we scored against 11 men, who was to say we couldn't of scored again against 11 men in the extra 30 minutes. Liverpool were the better team tonight, Swansea had one moment of brilliance but that was it.

You could've scored in the 30 minutes, but then so could Swansea. We will never know now because the ref took off one of the most important Swansea players on the pitch.
Original post by Lúcio
thanks man, appreciate you saying that even though you must be pretty annoyed that we win.

the goal was late but it isn't like in the QPR game where we didn't deserve it.
we were bloody terrible with our final ball and general finishing but over the course of the entire game we were vastly superior to swansea.

To be fair I haven't seen it. At uni and no access to football whatsoever.

Ah, I don't mind. We tend to exit all cup competitions very early these days so I don't pay much attention. :colondollar:

Name on the trophy perhaps?
Reply 4639
Good performance in the first half, not so good in the second half but still better than how we've been playing in recent times. I'm very happy with how Borini played, that cross was beautiful. I want to see him starting this weekend.

Into the quarter finals, along with Bournemouth, Derby and Sheff Utd (and Chelsea). Considering the teams left, we definitely should be taking this competition seriously and trying to win it now.

Oh, and the American commentators on my stream were two of the dumbest people I've ever heard.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest