The Student Room Group

Which graduates are most likely to make 50k+ in their careers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lozasaurus99
Exactly. . Where are these hypotheses coming from? Is there any evidence? Is it from the hesa' or from an article someone just read on the times?!..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly, if it comes from a newspaper which publishes statistics it means that there is no evidence. Now, if YOU say that it's not like this or something, it's the God's truth, because YOU know better... How do YOU know that it's not so? Where is your EVIDENCE? Or do you believe yourself to be some kind of a prophet who descended on us and know is spreading the holy truth among people?
Original post by Like_A_G6
Underground drivers earn £60k currently.

Really?! How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the future, engineers for green energy companies will be in a good position. Also positions in software development in smaller companies.
Reply 743
Original post by jenigma
Really?! How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Union negotiations.

Mostly the threat of strikes that can really hurt the capital.

Also sitting in the dark very early and quite late, with flea infested cabins and likeihood of running over a suicide attemptee helps.
Original post by Quady
Union negotiations.

Mostly the threat of strikes that can really hurt the capital.

Also sitting in the dark very early and quite late, with flea infested cabins and likeihood of running over a suicide attemptee helps.

Wow. Learn something new everyday
Original post by Like_A_G6
In their careers? Most people taking their degree seriously would be earning £50k by the time they retire I'd have thought, especially if you live in London. Underground drivers earn £60k currently.

The highest paid tube driver earns 60k, however the standard driver earns about 42k plus benefits.
Reply 746
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so the stereotype that lawyers earn slot isn't true( my friend keeps bragging about lawyers making loads and it annoys me)

Unless your a corporate lawyer at a magic circle firm. Or in are in the USA and are at skadden Arps, Wachtell or Cravath or some other white shoe firm (in Cravath's case) where starting salaries out of law school can be as high as $160,000 a year though you do have to pay back your Ivy League law school debt of possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 747
Original post by hsv
Unless your a corporate lawyer at a magic circle firm or are defending a tobacco company in a law suit in a tort case. Or in are in the USA and are at skadden Arps or Wachtell or Cravath or some other white shoe law firm (in Cravath's case) where starting salaries out of law school can be as high as $160,000 a year (excluding bonus) though you do have to pay back your Ivy League law school debt of possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenigma
Really?! How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your shocked by that,lol. You need to see what people make in "waste management" aka bin man its more then a teacher makes in a year,lol.
Original post by SloaneRanger
If your shocked by that,lol. You need to see what people make in "waste management" aka bin man its more then a teacher makes in a year,lol.

Ooh how much?
Reply 750

Only a teacher early in their career.

Bin men top out at 35k ish.
Reply 751
Original post by jenigma
Ooh how much?

Use google for once will you...?

Economist.
Original post by Quady
Use google for once will you...?

Think it's better coming from one of TSR's very own salary experts x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olderandwiser23
No I did biomed and concentrated on immunology in my third year. I'm now an immunotherapy researcher for a clinical trial.

Hey,
I have also applied to do biomed and would love to know what kind of work you do as an immunotherapy researcher for a clinical trial and how much do you get paid?
Many thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Sandomando
Hey,
I have also applied to do biomed and would love to know what kind of work you do as an immunotherapy researcher for a clinical trial and how much do you get paid?
Many thanks in advance :smile:

Hi I do immunhistochemistry (using antibodies to bind to things of interest e.g particular cells, then I use a dye/fluorochrome to make them visible under a microscope)

I get paid very well for a 24yr old in her first job :smile: I work for a top tier university :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

What united, place give rough idea of pay and What united do you work for place? What courses must you do to do immunotherapy ?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

What united, place give rough idea of pay and What united do you work for place? What courses must you do to do immunotherapy ?

Biomedical sciences with a focus of immunology.

It's a London university.

I make 30+K
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
So top psychologists earn a lot? What about average psychologists?

Depends on whether you're talking about NHS psychologists or private psychologists, and which type of psychologist you're looking at.

NHS psychologist pay rates are readily available and you can look them up, as are other types of psychologists wages. In private practice your salary is dependent on whether you're a salaried member of a company (in which case you can earn £35k to £80kish, depending on how high you climb).

Independent Practice will pay as good as your business is performing. I've seen private rates from £35 per hour to over £150 per hour and if you have a healthy referral base you can do very well.
Computer Scientists seem to be making a lot of money!

Quick Reply

Latest