The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by magnetic19
Okay so spoke on the phone to Exeter regarding the A*A*A offers and they said that their trying to ensure they get the best possible students.
We said that they're not going to because the best students are just going to reject them with that offer.
Sent an email to the admissions econ people specifically and will see what they have to say about it.

I phoned up too and they said if you are predicted high they want to encourage you to get "the best grades you can" which is why they are offering outside their normal range. If you put it as your first choice and did not get the required grades they would "review" your application (possibly let you in anyway)
Original post by tomixox
I think both of these are on par with eachother it terms of reputation, quality of teaching, job prospects etc. the only pro I can see that LSE over Cambridge is that it's in London therefore you are bound to have more fun than you are than in Cambridge; In terms of clubs and bars and events LSE is 100x better. However, LSE being in LDN also means that it will be MUCH more expensive than cambridge!

yeah this is basically my dilemma! I hope one of them rejects me so I don't have to choose haha. I guess the only thing Cambridge has over the lse is the name, that's about it
Original post by BubblyKYP
Thank you! :smile: my application got sent off on 17th October

Ah same here! Fingers crossed then...
Original post by mayowapops
Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics e my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer from any good unis

You usually need an A in maths to do economics at a good uni
Hi I'm thinking of applying for Economics e my predicted grades are AAC in ICT,Economics and Maths. Do I have a good chance of receiving an offer from any good unis

Your best shot is probably universities that don't require maths, so maybe Newcastle or somewhere like that?
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Your best shot is probably universities that don't require maths, so maybe Newcastle or somewhere like that?
Do you know any other universities like newcastle.
Do you know any other universities like newcastle.

http://www.entryrequirements.com/economics you could take a look on here, the aab ones should probably be ok?

I'd check on the actual uni websites though

So 2 A* AA,2AAA and 1 AAB.Right?
Got an offer from Queen Mary for MSc in Investment and Finance! Anybody else for QM?
Original post by esha_28
Got an offer from Queen Mary for MSc in Investment and Finance! Anybody else for QM?

Congratulations! I've applied for BSc Economics L100 at QMUL but am still waiting for an offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 910
Original post by Skill Twix
So 2 A* AA,2AAA and 1 AAB.Right?

Which unis are they? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes lads! unconditional from nottingham!
Original post by pyrrhusofepirus
Yes lads! unconditional from nottingham!

Congratulations! Are you a post-A2 applicant?
Congratulations! Are you a post-A2 applicant?

Thank you! yes I am a post A2 applicant
Thank you! yes I am a post A2 applicant

Ooh where else have you applied?
I've had offers for Southampton, Queen Mary's and EXeter just waiting on decision from UCL and LSE. Got offered A*A*A from Exeter as well, so annoying it was meant to be my insurance if everything went well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh where else have you applied?

Oxford,LSE,UCL and Warwick :smile:, how have you done for offers so far?
Original post by 0liH
I've also just been offered A*A*A which is ridiculous as their website says it varies between A*AA - AAB! Really all it's done is pushed them way down in my choices now

Same here, so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oxford,LSE,UCL and Warwick :smile:, how have you done for offers so far?

Ooh good choices, I've got offers from Nottingham and Leeds so far, waiting on Warwick, Durham and Cambridge :biggrin:

Good luck with yours!
Ooh good choices, I've got offers from Nottingham and Leeds so far, waiting on Warwick, Durham and Cambridge :biggrin:

Good luck with yours!

Nice! yeah you too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending