The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Just got my first offer from Nottingham:smile: I'm predicted 4 A*s but I was given the lower AAA offer, is this normal?
Reply 921
Original post by BubblyKYP
Thank you! :smile: my application got sent off on 17th October

What's your prediction and what is the offer?
congrats:smile:
Reply 922
Original post by fha96
Just got my first offer from Nottingham:smile: I'm predicted 4 A*s but I was given the lower AAA offer, is this normal?

That's a perfect backup for you :smile:
Nottingham offer - A*AA/A*ABB

Really happy to get my 3rd choice so soon!
Reply 924
I have predicted grades of A*A*A (Economics, Psychology, Maths), with my choices beingBristol A*AA, Leeds and Birmingham AAA, and Sheffield and Lancaster AAB, is it too risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fha96

Original post by RAV 123
Nottingham offer - A*AA/A*ABB

Really happy to get my 3rd choice so soon!

Congratulations fellow Nottingham offer holders! Have you had your letter in the post yet, and if so are you going to go to a visit day?
Original post by Kriterz
I have predicted grades of A*A*A (Economics, Psychology, Maths), with my choices beingBristol A*AA, Leeds and Birmingham AAA, and Sheffield and Lancaster AAB, is it too risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that's not too risky at all! If you're confident you can get those grades I'd apply to another A*AA

What were your AS results?
Reply 927
Everyone that's got an offer from Nottingham so far, can you tell me your stats ? Cheers
Reply 928
Just got my Nottingham offer as well :smile: A*AA / A*ABB. Three offers now so all going great so far!!
Reply 929
Original post by NinjaPandaa
No that's not too risky at all! If you're confident you can get those grades I'd apply to another A*AA

What were your AS results?

AABB but the B was in maths, 2 UMS off an A, which is why Im not confident of getting an offer from the likes of Bristol and Bath, plus my GCSEs of 7 As and 4 Bs were average :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 930
Original post by dstunr
Everyone that's got an offer from Nottingham so far, can you tell me your stats ? Cheers

What stats do you want I got 4As at AS and am predicted A*A*AA for A level. Taken Maths, Physics Chem and Econ for AS and doing Maths, Further Maths, Chem and Econ at A2. Am also doing an EPQ
Congratulations fellow Nottingham offer holders! Have you had your letter in the post yet, and if so are you going to go to a visit day?

Haven't had that yet. I might go though, I haven't seen Notts at all.

I really want to get an offer from Warwick, are grades AAAB with predictions A*A*AA good enough for them you think?
Original post by Kriterz
AABB but the B was in maths, 2 UMS off an A, which is why Im not confident of getting an offer from the likes of Bristol and Bath, plus my GCSEs of 7 As and 4 Bs were average :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly if I was you I'd go for another A*AA, you'll only really need 1 AAB for a backup because you'll almost definitely get into them :smile:
so many cats out there do economics in the hope of one day becoming a 'city boy' investment banker.

reality: the majority of 'city boy' investment bankers are physics or maths graduates.
Reply 934
Honestly if I was you I'd go for another A*AA, you'll only really need 1 AAB for a backup because you'll almost definitely get into them :smile:

Hmm thanks for your confidence but I'm not sure, do you think unis like Bath, Bristol and Notts use predicted grades as a main factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RAV 123
Haven't had that yet. I might go though, I haven't seen Notts at all.

I really want to get an offer from Warwick, are grades AAAB with predictions A*A*AA good enough for them you think?

Ah I got my offer on Friday and it took until today to get the letter, so you should probably get one soon

Same I really want Warwick too! It's my favourite after Cambridge! I cant see why those grades wouldn't be, you meet the entry requirements so that should be good enough :smile:
Reply 936
Nah I only just found out over UCAS earlier. Considering that it's my 5th choice uni and I live near Cardiff I probably won't go to a visit day lol
Original post by Kriterz
Hmm thanks for your confidence but I'm not sure, do you think unis like Bath, Bristol and Notts use predicted grades as a main factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah as well as AS grades I'd imagine, I'd say you'd have a good shot with somewhere like Nottingham tbh
Original post by fha96
Nah I only just found out over UCAS earlier. Considering that it's my 5th choice uni and I live near Cardiff I probably won't go to a visit day lol

Ah fair enough, what are your other choices?
Reply 939
Yeah as well as AS grades I'd imagine, I'd say you'd have a good shot with somewhere like Nottingham tbh

Hmm maybe but I heard they, along with Bristol, look at GCSEs as well, and mine aren't good compared to other students applying there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending