The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guitaristemily
anyone else on half term right now?

YUSS!! So much hw though :<
Original post by Obiejess
Any resources I could use to learn the grammar properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure :/

Sorry... (feel free to ask me about the grammar if you get stuck.)

Tho I think there is a Latin section on TSR so maybe ask there...?

Yep! Just got back from Iceland (So Cool!).. But have to start to revise for my mocks :hmpf:
Original post by turn-to-page394
:lol: That sounds way more interesting than the stories in CLC V - all politics and boring stuff. :colondollar:

Are you doing Latin GCSE?

(doing Nisus and Euryalus for lit - i'm sorry, but how the hell does my latin teacher think that we're so stupid as to think there aren't any deaths... it's a 'greek tragedy' for god's sake... :facepalm: rant over :smile:)

Yeah I am, I am doing Messalina for lit, the ammount of times I want to punch her..... 😂 did you ever do those passages about Modestus omg
Oh, I forgot to do the icebreaker questions. :facepalm:
Original post by dream_and_wish
Yeah I am, I am doing Messalina for lit, the ammount of times I want to punch her..... did you ever do those passages about Modestus omg

Modestus :biggrin: YAAAAS! My bae.... Haha, good memories.

The women in latin lit tend to be annoying as hell... did Arria for prose and gawd, hated her so much...
i have geography and ICT coursework to do which i haven't started because bloody french is so freaking disgusting.
Original post by Humzaawan123
i have geography and ICT coursework to do which i haven't started because bloody french is so freaking disgusting.

What exam board are you on for ICT? I do it as well and I'm on Edexcel and we're doing Unit 2: In the News for our coursework where we have to produce our own news broadcast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Anyone's mocks coming up soon. 3 weeks left for me. :frown:

Yep, got maths first week back after this half term. The rest are in December.

Yeah, wish it was longerr:frown:
The only thing I hate about student room is that I can't be the smartest, most arrogant person because everyone is, literally a genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
What exam board are you on for ICT? I do it as well and I'm on Edexcel and we're doing Unit 2: In the News for our coursework where we have to produce our own news broadcast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're edexcel as well, but ours is about a music festival? I don't think we have any such task. Currently finishing activity 2, making the flyer and the model. I only took it because it's my "chill" subject - everyone should have one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
We're edexcel as well, but ours is about a music festival? I don't think we have any such task. Currently finishing activity 2, making the flyer and the model. I only took it because it's my "chill" subject - everyone should have one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there are three different units and we only do one. Most of us in my class are doing the news broadcast and a few others are designing their own video game, or something along the lines of that. I only took ICT as my chill subject as well haha :P Now I'm starting to regret choosing it because I find it so boring; I think maybe I should have chosen History instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Half term is going too quickly 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think there are three different units and we only do one. Most of us in my class are doing the news broadcast and a few others are designing their own video game, or something along the lines of that. I only took ICT as my chill subject as well haha :P Now I'm starting to regret choosing it because I find it so boring; I think maybe I should have chosen History instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, having taking RPE I'm fairly sure I wouldn't want to take another essay writing subject. Memorising that much material is hard for me, and stressful. But for ICT I can literally do my revision an hour before the exam :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am on edexcel too but we are doing unit 1 so we have to do things surrounding a music festival , right now we are doing the mobile application and the promo. The sources and asset tables are real pains though and the activity reviews. Have you started any theory yet ?
Original post by gmahapatra

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here i took it as a chill subject too , i am also doing the music festival one and we are just finishing activity 3 right now, have you done any theory yet ?
same here i took it as a chill subject too , i am also doing the music festival one and we are just finishing activity 3 right now, have you done any theory yet ?

Nice, we're barely finished with activity 2... We did most of the theory in year 10 ;-) It seems as though we've spent more than 40 hours on CAB already, there needs to be a better way of monitoring that :-P

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am on edexcel too but we are doing unit 1 so we have to do things surrounding a music festival , right now we are doing the mobile application and the promo. The sources and asset tables are real pains though and the activity reviews. Have you started any theory yet ?

We've done quite a lot of theory but we haven't finished it yet, what about you? I agree, filling in the asset table is so annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've done quite a lot of theory but we haven't finished it yet, what about you? I agree, filling in the asset table is so annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really weird, I do edexcel too but we are doing something about community spirit, some charity event. On activity 4 now, so glad it is nearly over! :biggrin: