The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ah I got my offer on Friday and it took until today to get the letter, so you should probably get one soon

Same I really want Warwick too! It's my favourite after Cambridge! I cant see why those grades wouldn't be, you meet the entry requirements so that should be good enough :smile:

Thanks, it really is such a good university. I would be happy to go to Nottingham, but Warwick has to be my #1/#2 choice. Hopefully having better than the predicted grades mean I can get an offer from Warwick.
Original post by Kriterz
Hmm maybe but I heard they, along with Bristol, look at GCSEs as well, and mine aren't good compared to other students applying there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe bath then, they've given out a fair few offers already so you could have a look on university connect at how well people have performed at gcse and AS to compare yourself too?
Reply 942
maybe bath then, they've given out a fair few offers already so you could have a look on university connect at how well people have performed at gcse and AS to compare yourself too?

Yeah I will, thanks for your help, good luck with your application and congratulations on Nottingham and Leeds offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Nottingham for A*AA :-)
Original post by a320airbus97
Congratulations! I've applied for BSc Economics L100 at QMUL but am still waiting for an offer.

Thank you. That's great! Finally somebody from the Eco dept!.. When did you apply?
Original post by esha_28
Thank you. That's great! Finally somebody from the Eco dept!.. When did you apply?

I applied of 20th October
Original post by Aso816
What's your prediction and what is the offer?
congrats:smile:

Predicted A*AA in Economics, Maths and Biology. Offer is AAA including A Maths. What about you?
just out of curiosity, did anyone do the BASE competition this year?
Just received A*A*A from Exeter for Economics with Study Abroad - ( Had hoped that might stop it being as high as just straight Economics). Was just wondering, does anyone know if Exeter had a similar policy in previous years with 2/3+ A* predictions equalling A*A*A offers?
Original post by dstunr
Everyone that's got an offer from Nottingham so far, can you tell me your stats ? Cheers

I've got an A*AA offer from Nottingham with:

3 A's at AS (94.1% average)
6A*'s and 5 A's at GCSE
Predicted 3A*'s at A2
Original post by Chelsea7497
Just received A*A*A from Exeter for Economics with Study Abroad - ( Had hoped that might stop it being as high as just straight Economics). Was just wondering, does anyone know if Exeter had a similar policy in previous years with 2/3+ A* predictions equalling A*A*A offers?

I did the same with the international study option and got the same offer. I've never heard of them doing it before, it's stupid as it just puts people of putting them down as an insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 951
Ah fair enough, what are your other choices?

Oxford, UCL, Warwick and Bath. Fair to say you're a big fan of Warwick too so I might see you there haha
Reply 952
My GCSEs are 4a*'s and 6a's, will this hinder my application to Warwick, Durham or Bath at all? Thanks for any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz
so many cats out there do economics in the hope of one day becoming a 'city boy' investment banker.

reality: the majority of 'city boy' investment bankers are physics or maths graduates.

It doesn't matter what you study and everything to do with what uni you go to.
Original post by dstunr
When did you apply? And what did you get for GCSEs, AS etc?

5A* GCSE

AAAB AS - 94% Maths, 94% Economics

A*A*AA predictions.
Original post by a320airbus97
I applied of 20th October

Oh cool I got a reply from them in about 10 days so you should expect one soon!..
Reply 956
Did everyone that got an offer from Nottingham receive an acknowledgment email before?
Original post by dstunr
Did everyone that got an offer from Nottingham receive an acknowledgment email before?

Nope, I got the email slightly after Track got updated, then I got a letter in the post yesterday to confirm it as well.
Original post by Follett
I did the same with the international study option and got the same offer. I've never heard of them doing it before, it's stupid as it just puts people of putting them down as an insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't agree more, I had hoped for it to be my backup behind by either Durham or Warwick (Fingers crossed), but this has left with a bit of a dilemma as what to do.
Got an offer from Nottingham last night!!!!

Offer: A*AA
applied: 13th October
Acknowledgement email: 16th October
No other emails received.
Offer received: 29th October
GCSEs: 11A*'s 4As
AS grades: 4As (90% average)
A2 Predictions: 3A*s

Hope this is helpful to anyone who is still waiting to hear back from Nottingham! Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending