The Student Room Group

*URGENT* AS Sociology Basic Help

Hi, ive chosen to study AS Sociology and I know content of the questions but when it comes to the essa questions I really don't know how to structure it! :'(
Im getting the other questions right but its just the essay because I dont know how to answer it.. help please??
Intro- Define key terms,basically repeat the question and mention points that you will mention
Paragraph 1- Supporting the question
Paragraph 2- Not support the question
Conclusion- Answer the question

To get extra marks
-Mention background research not learnt in class
-Mention plenty of sociologists
-Keep it consise
-ALWAYS define key terms

My teacher told me this.

PS. this is for AQA Unit 1 and 2 20/24 mark questions which are basically essays

:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xoflower
Intro- Define key terms,basically repeat the question and mention points that you will mention
Paragraph 1- Supporting the question
Paragraph 2- Not support the question
Conclusion- Answer the question

To get extra marks
-Mention background research not learnt in class
-Mention plenty of sociologists
-Keep it consise
-ALWAYS define key terms

My teacher told me this.

PS. this is for AQA Unit 1 and 2 20/24 mark questions which are basically essays

:smile:

First of all, thanks for replying, its appreciated :smile:

Secondly, do i really only need two paragraphs of information?! :eek:

So in other words I just need to make a point, then expand on it a little, give a criticism and link it back or something like that?

I still dont get it :angry: Ive been getting E's purely because i dont know how to structure the essay :frown::frown: I get everything right like the 6 markers its just the essays which are the problem :frown:(
Original post by Summer Rose
First of all, thanks for replying, its appreciated :smile:

Secondly, do i really only need two paragraphs of information?! :eek:

So in other words I just need to make a point, then expand on it a little, give a criticism and link it back or something like that?

I still dont get it :angry: Ive been getting E's purely because i dont know how to structure the essay :frown::frown: I get everything right like the 6 markers its just the essays which are the problem :frown:(

Yes, two paragraphs is good. Or you could split it up into 4. Just make sure you have equal amount of paragraphs that support and do not support the question.

Yes! thats exactly what you need to do, also make sure you do background research to make your work more origional.

Loads of people get E's, its just the start of the year. Make sure that you ask your teacher how to improve
x
Reply 4
Yes, two paragraphs is good. Or you could split it up into 4. Just make sure you have equal amount of paragraphs that support and do not support the question.

Yes! thats exactly what you need to do, also make sure you do background research to make your work more origional.

Loads of people get E's, its just the start of the year. Make sure that you ask your teacher how to improve
x

Ohh okay thanks that helped quite a lot :h:

Do you think my teachers just scaring me on purpose because she keeps saying people getting U's and E's will be kicked out the course :sadnod:
Ohh okay thanks that helped quite a lot :h:

Do you think my teachers just scaring me on purpose because she keeps saying people getting U's and E's will be kicked out the course :sadnod:

No problem :smile:

And yeah lol, its too late for people to be kicked out or told to do another A-level
Reply 6
No problem :smile:

And yeah lol, its too late for people to be kicked out or told to do another A-level

Oh hahah that should be alright then :redface:
Hi, ive chosen to study AS Sociology and I know content of the questions but when it comes to the essa questions I really don't know how to structure it! :'(
Im getting the other questions right but its just the essay because I dont know how to answer it.. help please??

Intro - define the term i.e divorce is...

p1/p2/p2 - a point that either supports/critises the question in hand. Remember to use the PEEEL structure (point, explain, evidence - Either using supporting evidence or conflicting evidence to the point made earlier , evaluate - evaluate the piece of evidence , link back to the question)

conclusion - After making three paragraphs ( or however many depending on your writing style) draw a conclusion. Ensure you LINK back all earlier points made and make a summary which is justified and include your personal opinion.
Reply 8
Would it be possible for an example A-Grade essay? :colondollar: Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest