The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dannaaay
Hi! :smile: same! I've also applied to oxford Brookes and UWE. Have you heard anything yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing yet! But it's half term so I don't think my college which sort the reference and send it off til next week! How about you? x
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Has anyone heard from Manchester, DMU or Kings College yet? UCAS recieved my application on Friday and I got an unsuccessful from Brighton yesterday :frown:

Hey, sorry to hear about your unsuccessful :frown: I've applied to King's too and haven't heard from them yet, but it's still early days so I'm not expecting anything for a while. Good luck with your application!
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to nursing connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Reply 203
Has anyone heard from Manchester, DMU or Kings College yet? UCAS recieved my application on Friday and I got an unsuccessful from Brighton yesterday :frown:

I've applied for Manchester, Kings College, Leeds, South Bank and Salford, sent my application on mid September, received acknowledgement for all and unsuccessful at Manchester as I don't have recent science qualification (mature student, worked in health and social care for years). Are you using the tracking system Kings have? Once they acknowledge your application they have their own tracking system and then aim to give you a decision in six weeks. (Not that I'm counting) but I only have 11 days left until the 6weeks is up so should hear back soon. I'm not hopeful, everyone seems to have received invites to interviews :frown:
Anyone else applying for the 4years children's nursing at Nottingham get the email about them no longer running the course?!
Original post by sammy_e
I've applied for Manchester, Kings College, Leeds, South Bank and Salford, sent my application on mid September, received acknowledgement for all and unsuccessful at Manchester as I don't have recent science qualification (mature student, worked in health and social care for years). Are you using the tracking system Kings have? Once they acknowledge your application they have their own tracking system and then aim to give you a decision in six weeks. (Not that I'm counting) but I only have 11 days left until the 6weeks is up so should hear back soon. I'm not hopeful, everyone seems to have received invites to interviews :frown:

Hi, I applied in mid September too. I have had 3/5 application acknowledgements and no interviews. Having spoken to other nursing applicants on a FB page, the consensus seems to be that no news is good news. Apparently if you get an unsuccessful, then you are likely to hear back a lot sooner so try and stay positive, although I know that's hard. Also a lot of universities seem to interview at different times. I know at least 4 of the universities I have applied for do not interview until January at the earliest. The wait is killing me but am (unsuccessfully) trying to put it to the back of my mind till I hear more. :smile:
Original post by sammy_e

Just got the acknowledgement today so not looking forward to six weeks wait! I'm dying with the wait to interview :frown:
Kind of confused because I recieved an email telling me to register with brighton's student portal after I recieved an unsuccessful, and then another today telling me again to activate it. Whats the point of this if their answer is no?
Original post by EmilyC96
Anyone else applying for the 4years children's nursing at Nottingham get the email about them no longer running the course?!

I'm not applying to Nottingham but I wouldn't have expected that to happen! Have they told you why? Was the 4 year course an integrated masters, or was it a BSc that lasted 3 years or something? I've heard of a few four year courses because they're either dual registration or masters, so I was wondering if it was four years due to that.
Original post by CLclarkey
Heya:smile: I've applied to do Children's nursing at Manchester, LJMU, Edge Hill, Northumbria and York! Sent my application off on the 14th Oct and have got 2 interviews, for my personal statement I linked everything back to children's nursing to make it very clear that I understood the role of a nurse. Just wondered how people are preparing for their interviews and the basic tests?? Goodluck to everyone :smile:

I sent mine for northumbria on the 13th. I've not heard from them. Have you? X
My friend got an interview through yesterday for Edge hill children's. Its on the 11th november
Original post by hullaballoon
I'm not applying to Nottingham but I wouldn't have expected that to happen! Have they told you why? Was the 4 year course an integrated masters, or was it a BSc that lasted 3 years or something? I've heard of a few four year courses because they're either dual registration or masters, so I was wondering if it was four years due to that.

It's a masters. They just said something about it not being funded any more!
Applied for MH nursing Spet 2015.

Unsuccessful from Cardiff :rolleyes:

Interview for LJMU on Nov 14th and
Interview for Edge Hill on Nov 25th!:colondollar:

No word from Queens/Uni of Ulster yet. :s-smilie:
Im an Adult Nursing applicant.

Applied to UWE, Swansea, Worcester and the university of south wales.

Received 2 interview's so far :smile:
Im an Adult nursing applicant.

Applied to Worcester, UWE, Swansea and he university of the south of wales.

Received 2 interviews so far! :smile:

How comes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Becky166
Im an Adult Nursing applicant.

Applied to UWE, Swansea, Worcester and the university of south wales.

Received 2 interview's so far :smile:

Where are your interviews?

Sammy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte

The reason they gave was predicted grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've sent my application yesterday and did an online situational judgement test for LSBU today.

I have not heard from my other choices yet. Just waiting for new updates ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reason they gave was predicted grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right :frown: Don't worry about it too much, just focus on the remaining universities. I hope you receive good news from them :smile:

I've also applied for King's as well!

Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending