The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Currently contemplating a hit to get sanchez in for Di Maria but probably leaving Di Maria til the Arsenal game

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forget that, just get in some Sunderland defenders and maybe a Villa attacker or two. Apparently Weimann could get good soon and Wes Brown looks in great form.
Original post by Alex Doran
Forget that, just get in some Sunderland defenders and maybe a Villa attacker or two. Apparently Weimann could get good soon and Wes Brown looks in great form.

Likely I'll save my transfer and make two next gameweek :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy Ftw
But that's only because he got over half his points literally in the last two gameweeks. Similar to tadic as fourth highest midfield scorer where he almost got half his points within just one gameweek :wink:

mm, the time to get him would have beeen 2 weeks ago, as i doubt these big hauls will last given arsenals patchy form, and the return of our other attacking players..
As appealing as Sanchez is it just doesn't make sense when you look at Arsenal's options and schedule.
Got quite happy thinking I was going joint top of H2H Div A because I looked at the matches and saw that "The Invincibles" was going to lose. Then I looked back at the league and saw I am still 3 points behind him. Turns out "The Invincibles" and "Invincibles" and not the same team so I remain 3 off the top. Why would 2 people have such similar names? He had better lose soon, 9 wins out of 9 is just too much. Living up to his team name like a total dick.

That's me:biggrin:. Had no idea that someone Had made their team name 'The Invincibles' or I would have changed mine lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you guys are playing each other next week arent you?

Should be good, - I am currently sat in 4th, so either of you dropping points is a bonus for me..
not sure what transfer to do this week..

most obvious is to drop welbeck, and bring in aguaro or costa, as they wont both keep having bad weeks for ever..

But I am not really sure which.. costa has a great fixture IF he is fit and starts..

But then again city vs united is always entertaining, and aguaro is pretty much fixture proof when he is on form..

Or I could play with my midfield, as I really want to ditch stirling for someone new..

hmm
Original post by fallen_acorns
you guys are playing each other next week arent you?

Should be good, - I am currently sat in 4th, so either of you dropping points is a bonus for me..

No, same trap I fell into earlier. "The Invincibles" and "Invincibles" and not the same team. I thought he lost this week but I was looking at the other invincibles team.
I will be falling down the table like a stone if I can't sort out my team. My defence is embarrassing, I still have El Ahmadi in my team, Welbeck doesn't seem to want to start scoring and it seems that Aguero and Costa only have a massive week when I don't have them in my team and then do nothing whenever I have either or them.
I am 0.2m short to make the transfers that I need (although Costa dropping soon should half that) but even then I require a 4 point hit which is always risky in H2H.
I still have El Ahmadi in my team

At this point you may as well keep him unless you WC (I presume you still do if he's hanging around). No point wasting a transfer on a guy who'll never play when you have other issues to address.

But I am not really sure which.. costa has a great fixture IF he is fit and starts..

But then again city vs united is always entertaining, and aguaro is pretty much fixture proof when he is on form..

He's already dropped by 0.3 and will surely drop again if he doesn't feature on Saturday.

Aguero always scores vs United, it's just like Drogba always scored against Arsenal back in the day.
Original post by sr90
At this point you may as well keep him unless you WC (I presume you still do if he's hanging around). No point wasting a transfer on a guy who'll never play when you have other issues to address.

He's already dropped by 0.3 and will surely drop again if he doesn't feature on Saturday.

Aguero always scores vs United, it's just like Drogba always scored against Arsenal back in the day.

I agree - will probably just put aguaro in..

Need to get this sorted though, as it kind of feels like I am just riding my luck until both strikers have a blasting game in the same game-week, and I get left behind..

Main hope is that with both of them being injury-prone, this does not happen until january when I WC..

My only other option is stirling to hazard.. he has a tiny ownersihp compared to fabregas, but seems to be doing better.. and has qpr next.. hmm
(edited 9 years ago)
or.. a different option - siggurdson to hazard and juts go nuts on the midfield..

Hazzard - stirling - sanchez - di maria - chadli

3-5-2 for the next few weeks.. with 2 of: welbeck, pelle, berinho up front..

Benifit of tihs is it frees up the funds for me to get baines into my team next week..

Hmm.. I am tempted by this, it certinaly has a good amount of differencials, but it could be complete suicide if the big 2 start hitting good points.
or.. a different option - siggurdson to hazard and juts go nuts on the midfield..

Hazzard - stirling - sanchez - di maria - chadli

3-5-2 for the next few weeks.. with 2 of: welbeck, pelle, berinho up front..

Benifit of tihs is it frees up the funds for me to get baines into my team next week..

Hmm.. I am tempted by this, it certinaly has a good amount of differencials, but it could be complete suicide if the big 2 start hitting good points.

Problem with that is you miss out on Costa/Aguero for the long term as you won't have enough to get him in. And that could majorly mess it up, as you miss out the ~20 hauls they can get you as captain. In fact, why are you considering dropping Sigs when Chadli is there?

imo have 3 really bad low cost subs who play. Say Cork, Wanyama, Wisdom and then spend on the rest of the team. And those 3 score attacking points sometimes too so are useful
(edited 9 years ago)
Begovic out. Lloris in.

Had Beg for a few weeks now and nothing but couple of points per game. Poor form.
Original post by sr90

So far I have only had 1 GW where he would have played anyway and was because Manquillo and Ferdinand get randomly dropped (both of which I have now sold for better long term options) and Costa was injured (I now have Aguero instead) so it has only cost me 2 points and it would cost 4 points to drop him. I will wildcard in January and swap him out then for whichever midfielder is cheapest.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Begovic out. Lloris in.

Had Beg for a few weeks now and nothing but couple of points per game. Poor form.

I'm gonna give him another week.
The thing is, begovic is quality but stole just aren't :/
Then again, lloris is by far Spurs' best player but their defence doesn't inspire confidence either.

I think when it comes to keepers you just gotta hope you luck out with a cheaper guy.
Although the difference between a good keeper and the best keepers are only about 1m which is nothing wen you compare that to the difference between strikers for example.
Currently have Costa as captain but terrified he will have a one point cameo. Aguero vs United might be my best bet as captain but Costa would then annoyingly start and score 5 hatricks:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
I'm gonna give him another week.
The thing is, begovic is quality but stole just aren't :/
Then again, lloris is by far Spurs' best player but their defence doesn't inspire confidence either.

I think when it comes to keepers you just gotta hope you luck out with a cheaper guy.
Although the difference between a good keeper and the best keepers are only about 1m which is nothing wen you compare that to the difference between strikers for example.

Yeah I'm sticking with Begovic this week. Have an expensive rotation with him and Fabianski. Fabianski has done his bit, I should have just got a 4 Mil keeper for Begovic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently have Costa as captain but terrified he will have a one point cameo. Aguero vs United might be my best bet as captain but Costa would then annoyingly start and score 5 hatricks:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

chelsea have literally the easiest game they're gonna have this season.
maybe they won't play costa and save their better players?
maybe they'll give him a run about and he'll get a hattrick.

united will be up for the city game.
personally i'm captaining costa with aguero as vice.
the people who win the leagues are the one who takes risks that pay off.
i'm a newbie, pretty noobish with this so i wouldn't base your decisions on what i do :tongue:

Yeah I'm sticking with Begovic this week. Have an expensive rotation with him and Fabianski. Fabianski has done his bit, I should have just got a 4 Mil keeper for Begovic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have begovic who always plays and myhill who seldom plays.
i don't see the need for keeper rotation tbh.
most of the time your keeper will get 2 points; it only takes 1 mistake to wipe away the 4 bonus points
a team can win 8-1 and screw you over for conceding the 1.
i'd rather just use one keeper and spend the extra money getting better attackers :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
chelsea have literally the easiest game they're gonna have this season.
maybe they won't play costa and save their better players?
maybe they'll give him a run about and he'll get a hattrick.

united will be up for the city game.
personally i'm captaining costa with aguero as vice.
the people who win the leagues are the one who takes risks that pay off.:

and City won't be? They will be a lot more adventurous going forward than Chelsea were, they're at home in their biggest game of the season and they never lose two games in a row. Think we'll get hammered tbh.
Original post by sr90
and City won't be? They will be a lot more adventurous going forward than Chelsea were, they're at home in their biggest game of the season and they never lose two games in a row. Think we'll get hammered tbh.

not saying city won't be, not saying city won't thrash you.
all i'm saying is everybody predicted a chelsea domination, yet you were really up for the game and you pushed back.

do you think it'll be as simple as an aguero hattrick?
what's the progress on costa's "injury"?
i would've thought QPR at home would be a nice, simple game to come back to
Original post by Lúcio
not saying city won't be, not saying city won't thrash you.
all i'm saying is everybody predicted a chelsea domination, yet you were really up for the game and you pushed back.

do you think it'll be as simple as an aguero hattrick?
what's the progress on costa's "injury"?
i would've thought QPR at home would be a nice, simple game to come back to

Mourinho has said he is fit to face Qpr, since it's an easy game to come back into surely he will start :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest