The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
You might struggle then, because you'll need C3 differentiation

Do you have an example of the type of question they'd ask?

Yeah sure the one I am on at the moment is-
'Express sin (x+pi/6) in ascending powers of x up to and including the term x^2'

With maclaurin it is just substitution and rearranging, but taylor exp seems to have more steps that I can't see where they come from if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Will be an Official Adult™ tomorrow :woo:

What's that? :redface:
Original post by Bude8

I meant that I'm turning 18 :tongue:
Original post by Bude8

Know any good sites to watch anime on apart from crunchyroll? (anime scrub here) It keeps having problems for me even in different browsers, not sure why.
(edited 9 years ago)
I meant that I'm turning 18 :tongue:

OH LOL sorry haha, I misread what you had written as "Will be on Official Adult..." thinking it was some sort of TV show :lol:

When you turn 18 and the bartender asks for your ID:
Original post by Red Fox
Know any good sites to watch anime on apart from crunchyroll? (anime scrub here) It keeps having problems for me even in different browsers, not sure why.

I've heard that KissAnime - my friend says you can watch things in HD for free there :lol: What are you trying to watch?
Original post by Red Fox

Not a question aimed at me I know, but I tend to use watchdubbed.net (yes I watched it dubbed shoot me) or by following a link on Watchseries.
Original post by Bude8
I've heard that KissAnime - my friend says you can watch things in HD for free there :lol: What are you trying to watch?

Attack on Titan, it's the first anime I've watched really apart from Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh
Original post by rachelc142
Yeah sure the one I am on at the moment is-
'Express sin (x+pi/6) in ascending powers of x up to and including the term x^2'

With maclaurin it is just substitution and rearranging, but taylor exp seems to have more steps that I can't see where they come from if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

f(x) = sin(x+pi/6)

f(0) = sin(pi/6) = 1/2

f'(x) = (pi/6)cos(x+pi/6)

f'(0) =??

f''(x) = - (pi^2)/36 sin(x+pi/6)

f''(0) =??

So is the answer

f(0) + f'(0) x + f''(0)/2! x^2

Sub values in and if it's right then... I think you just follow the formulae :redface:
Original post by Bude8

When you turn 18 and the bartender asks for your ID:

Well, I am a blue eyes white girl dragon :lol:
I forgot this would be a thing
Not a question aimed at me I know, but I tend to use watchdubbed.net (yes I watched it dubbed shoot me) or by following a link on Watchseries.

I watched six episodes of AoT subbed and then the next one dubbed and it just felt so weird.

ewwwwwwwwwww

tbh, it's probably just me being used to subbed now :lol: DBZ dubbed sounds great, probably because I watched it as a child. The raw version still sounds a bit weird to me :redface:

Original post by Red Fox
Attack on Titan, it's the first anime I've watched really apart from Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh

A lot of people love that one :tongue: Have fun with it! If you really like it, you might want to continue reading from the manga :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
I watched six episodes of AoT subbed and then the next one dubbed and it just felt so weird.

I tend to do dubbed, just cause that way I can switch tabs and not miss anything :lol: . I forget that I can't ****ing understand Japanese :lol:
Well, I am a blue eyes white girl dragon :lol:

Do you go to Starbucks and take photos of your drinks before Instagramming them with excessive filters?

I've only just thought about this, but I wonder what the origins of dragons were. How people thought of them... etc.
Original post by Bude8
ewwwwwwwwwww

tbh, it's probably just me being used to subbed now :lol: DBZ dubbed sounds great, probably because I watched it as a child. The raw version still sounds a bit weird to me :redface:

A lot of people love that one :tongue: Have fun with it! If you really like it, you might want to continue reading from the manga :smile:

Yeah I've been enjoying it so far. I didn't think I'd be the sort of person who'd enjoy watching something in another language but it's great. I feel like there's a whole new world of shows that I can watch now:lol:
Original post by Bude8
ewwwwwwwwwww

Don't judge :cool:

I never watched DBZ, I was more of a Pokemon gal m'self. But I can see where you're coming from.

Have you watched Parasyte yet? That's one of the ones I'm watching at the moment (only three episodes are out currently... and it's not dubbed yet :wink: ). It's really ****ing weird but I like it :lol:
I tend to do dubbed, just cause that way I can switch tabs and not miss anything :lol: . I forget that I can't ****ing understand Japanese :lol:

That's a fair point but I can't even keep concentration on English audio if I change tabs:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah I've been enjoying it so far. I didn't think I'd be the sort of person who'd enjoy watching something in another language but it's great. I feel like there's a whole new world of shows that I can watch now:lol:

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSS, this is exactly how it is! :lol:

A lot of people overlook it because they think they're 'cartoony'. Noobs. :lol:

I'd estimate that I've watched about 40-50 series lol, started since I was about 9.
Don't judge :cool:

I never watched DBZ, I was more of a Pokemon gal m'self. But I can see where you're coming from.

Have you watched Parasyte yet? That's one of the ones I'm watching at the moment (only three episodes are out currently... and it's not dubbed yet :wink: ). It's really ****ing weird but I like it :lol:

My friend told me about Parasyte! I'm thinking of watching it soon :tongue:
He sent me a few pictures from it.

Spoiler

Latest