The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Considering liverpool has 4000 that's good right? :biggrin:

Sorry I can't remember if these statistics were posted earlier but how many interviews are given out/how many places??

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha i cant remember either but from what i know, they'll interview around 850 and give about 275 offers (im not sure if this info is based on last year or if its for this year). yehh the ratio for SGUL is much better so higher chance for an interview hopefully :smile:

Original post by Assy123
Ahh that's not too bad (I think) how many people will they interview? Where did you get that figure from :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone posted it on here last week or the week before, I think they called up soon after the deadline closed.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's so annoying that one of my work experiences is insisting on giving me a certificate rather than the LETTER I SPECIFICALLY asked for to verify my work experience.
Original post by beansontoast92
haha i cant remember either but from what i know, they'll interview around 850 and give about 275 offers (im not sure if this info is based on last year or if its for this year). yehh the ratio for SGUL is much better so higher chance for an interview hopefully :smile:

Someone posted it on here last week or the week before, I think they called up soon after the deadline closed.

Sorry, i just want to know where you get your info from? On the sgul website it says they invite essentially the top 600 to interview. Did they invite more last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazk786
Sorry, i just want to know where you get your info from? On the sgul website it says they invite essentially the top 600 to interview. Did they invite more last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i cant remember tbh, its either this year or from previous years, i have it written down but i didnt write down what year its for.
Original post by Winter_is_here
It's so annoying that one of my work experiences is insisting on giving me a certificate rather than the LETTER I SPECIFICALLY asked for to verify my work experience.

They will accept the certificate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joannywhite
They will accept the certificate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

will they accept certificates if it doesn't have some of the information they require? for example, none of my certificates state the number of hours i did and only the date?
Original post by beansontoast92
i cant remember tbh, its either this year or from previous years, i have it written down but i didnt write down what year its for.

Ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blissfully
will they accept certificates if it doesn't have some of the information they require? for example, none of my certificates state the number of hours i did and only the date?

Yes they will. I took 2 certificates with me to my interview last year and they accepted them.
Yes they will. I took 2 certificates with me to my interview last year and they accepted them.

Thank god! Trying to get this reference has been dragging on for ages

awesome thanks! by the sounds of it they're not too strict on work experience evidence then?
Hi guys!

I'm currently in the process of getting letters/certificates together just in case i get an interview, i wrote about the following on my personal statement and I have letters for the ones in bold, are there any others that i should get letters for?

Hospital placement
GP placement
Care home volunteer work
KCL Diabetics biomedicine placement

Unsure:
Research work/university taster course - 'Experience Cambridge'
SJA Cadet
18 months volunteer work at a charity shop
Young Enterprise - regional winners
Performance tennis player representing my region
Duke of Edinburgh awards

Many thanks.
Original post by Medboy100
Hi guys!

I'm currently in the process of getting letters/certificates together just in case i get an interview, i wrote about the following on my personal statement and I have letters for the ones in bold, are there any others that i should get letters for?

Hospital placement
GP placement
Care home volunteer work

Unsure:
SJA Cadet
Duke of Edinburgh awards

Many thanks.

i don't think you'd need one for dofe as you get a certificate for it anyway
Hi guys!

Hospital placement
GP placement
Care home volunteer work

Unsure:
SJA Cadet
Duke of Edinburgh awards

Many thanks.

i think they would want some kind of evidence, for everything you put on your PS, be it certificate or letter.
Reply 593
Do we need to take proof of works experience to the interview?
Original post by nik345
Do we need to take proof of works experience to the interview?

Yeah we do, written on the emails and the website.
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
i think they would want some kind of evidence, for everything you put on your PS, be it certificate or letter.

Thanks for your response.

But i was wondering whether i'd need proof for things such as tennis and Young Enterprise because they're not exactly "formal work experience" but just extra curric?

The email quotes:

"Candidates invited to interview will also be asked to submit evidence of any formal work experience undertaken."

Thank you
Thanks for your response.

But i was wondering whether i'd need proof for things such as tennis and Young Enterprise because they're not exactly "formal work experience" but just extra curric?

The email quotes:

"Candidates invited to interview will also be asked to submit evidence of any formal work experience undertaken."

Thank you

Oh right, i don't think you'd need one for those, but if you have certificates for things like SJA & DofE i suggest taking them along to the interview, just in case

& you're welcome
So I'm putting together my work experience letters. I've done the following:
A week at a general hospital (shadowing)
Volunteering at a care home once a week for a year
Volunteering at a school for children with learning disabilities once a week for a few months (ongoing)
A day at a GP surgery

I mentioned all of the above in my PS but I don't know if I should bother with the go surgery letter since it was only a day. What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
St George's cut off at 2550?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So 2550 cut off, nice and low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending