The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Interesting statistic.. Federer has only lost 3 times since winning Halle.
do you think murrays form will last? I am happy to see him finally getting big wins and ploughing on after his surgery. Now that the big 4 reign is crumbling will murray win another slam and if so which one?

I'd personally like to see him with the australian open and hopefully wimbledon again.
Original post by Rakas21
Interesting statistic.. Federer has only lost 3 times since winning Halle.

Unfortunately two of those loses were in slams.
Fed is becoming good at saving set points these days. So clutch in tight moments which is nice to see.
If Fed was playing properly, he wouldn't be in this position. He's way off the pace today, although that's understandable given he's played a lot of tennis in the last 2 weeks, and he's not exactly got Murray's stamina any more
Reply 2385
Murray's one match win away from qualifying for the World Tour Finals, i.e. he has to beat Dimitrov.

Chances?
Suspect Murray will win but i'd prefer Dimitrov. He can't qualify without an SF here.
Murray will probs win, not sure of dimitrovs form so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray is probably tired so Dimi has a chance.
Reply 2389
Murray's done it! Looking good for top 4 in time for Australia!
So bar Nishikori it's looking like the usual suspects in the 02 unfortunately. Saying that I would only have taken Dimi and not that robot Raonic. We need DelPo back!
Original post by hskjlclcn
So bar Nishikori it's looking like the usual suspects in the 02 unfortunately. Saying that I would only have taken Dimi and not that robot Raonic. We need DelPo back!

Currently it's Nikishori, Berdych, Ferrer and Raonic fighting for the last 3 spots. Nikishori and Ferrer play next but for Nikishori not to be in London Ferrer and Raonic needs to reach the SF.
Reply 2392
anyone a die hard federer fan here?
Original post by JPD96

Aye.
Original post by JPD96

I think you'll find there are quite a few of us :smile: I do like a lot of other players too however

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Currently it's Nikishori, Berdych, Ferrer and Raonic fighting for the last 3 spots. Nikishori and Ferrer play next but for Nikishori not to be in London Ferrer and Raonic needs to reach the SF.

Yeah I realise that and I think Nishi will beat Ferrer but likewise I can't see Raonic beating Federer so it won't matter.
Reply 2396
Original post by Krish4791
I think you'll find there are quite a few of us :smile: I do like a lot of other players too however

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok, haven't really posted on this forum before but I'm a huge tennis fan and I have no friends who are even remotely interested in tennis outside of wimbledon so thought I would give this thread a try. Fancy his chances for number one?
Original post by JPD96
Ah ok, haven't really posted on this forum before but I'm a huge tennis fan and I have no friends who are even remotely interested in tennis outside of wimbledon so thought I would give this thread a try. Fancy his chances for number one?

Cool, you've come to the right place!
I think Fed is in with a good shot - I can see him making the final with the draw he's got here, and also challenging for the WTF title. Murray's return to form is also good in that regard as it means he has a decent chance of taking out Novak before the Paris final. So all in all decent shot at number 1, just has to carry on winning the way he is now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPD96

Me. :smile:
Raonic just upset Federer. There goes Fed's chance of finishing the year as number 1. It might be a blessing in disguise as Fed will get some rest before the two upcoming important tournaments.

Btw, screw Guy Forget for ruining this tournament. This in an indoor tournament but it's even slower than clay. Guy Forget should be immediately sacked. Let's hope WTF is faster.

Quick Reply

Latest