The Student Room Group

OCR AS Economics F581 - 18 Markers

So I learned literally all of the content for this unit inside-out. Come the exam and I get an E in it. Luckily I did quite well in the F582 exam but this one will need re-doing in order to lift up my grade at the end of A2. I found that exam technique is what drained many my marks away, I got my paper back and have looked at the mark scheme - now knowing where I went wrong. It's just the 18 marker that I can't seem to get around. I got 9/18 and I keep looking at exemplars but it just feels like I am stuck around this point. Those who did an exam for this unit (OCR), how did you find it? Also, how did you prepare for it and what did you find was the key to hitting them high marks on the 18 markers?

Thank you
Original post by Stefano97
So I learned literally all of the content for this unit inside-out. Come the exam and I get an E in it. Luckily I did quite well in the F582 exam but this one will need re-doing in order to lift up my grade at the end of A2. I found that exam technique is what drained many my marks away, I got my paper back and have looked at the mark scheme - now knowing where I went wrong. It's just the 18 marker that I can't seem to get around. I got 9/18 and I keep looking at exemplars but it just feels like I am stuck around this point. Those who did an exam for this unit (OCR), how did you find it? Also, how did you prepare for it and what did you find was the key to hitting them high marks on the 18 markers?

Thank you

Moved to the economics forum :hat2:
Reply 2
Original post by Stefano97

Thank you

Generally, you should have a short introduction wich should include definitions of the key terms.

You should then analyse how the statement in the question is true using relevant graph with the best analysis clearly showing how the cause leads to the effect.

Then evuate by saying why the statement in the question MAY NOT be true and why this is the case. Two or three evaluative points here will get you in to the higher marks.

Then conclude on which side of the argument you fall on with reasons why. Also include long term consequences of the decision to get in to the higher marks.

It may be easier to explain the structure if you have a question that you want me to go through.

Here is my answer to the January 2013 18 mark question where I got 18/18 if it's of any use: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/album.php?albumid=10936

Hope that's helped in some way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I'll have a look at the example, thank you for sharing it.

Quick Reply

Latest