The Student Room Group

How Do You Spot An Attention Whore (Of Either Gender)?

Do you find it a turn off if someone is one of those people who is always flirty to everyone (esp. the gender they're interested in, if they're not bi)? For example, one of those girls who's always drunkenly sitting on the lap of a guy friend at a party, or one of those guys who's always overly nice to girls (even those with boyfriends?)

Thoughts? :smile: I do. How do you spot if they are doing it on purpose or just naturally a bit OTT?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

no.

i want to feel like im doing the work. i want to break down someone's guard.

if everyone can have it, then it aint worth having.
Reply 2
Original post by snitching kermit
no.

Yeah that's what I meant, is it a turn off if they flirt with everyone?

I agree with you. I see it as a bit attention whorey sometimes
Original post by BreakingBadx
Yeah that's what I meant, is it a turn off if they flirt with everyone?

I agree with you. I see it as a bit attention whorey sometimes

yeah its a turn off.

not the being an attention whore aspect of it, more just not wanting something everyone can have.

i find it more interesting to find the quiet girl in the room and see if I can get her to open up a little.

but that said, if your just look for fun and whatever. its the loud girls who sit on every dude's lap who are the best. not wifey material tho.
Reply 4
yeah its a turn off.

not the being an attention whore aspect of it, more just not wanting something everyone can have.

i find it more interesting to find the quiet girl in the room and see if I can get her to open up a little.

but that said, if your just look for fun and whatever. its the loud girls who sit on every dude's lap who are the best. not wifey material tho.

I know, I doubt people who act like that make good bf/gf material all the time anyway :lol:

I'm a girl, how do you spot an attention whoring guy (as opposed to a guy who's just naturally friendly and OTT)?
Grinds on guys continuously.
Shows a lot of cleavage?
I know, I doubt people who act like that make good bf/gf material all the time anyway :lol:

I'm a girl, how do you spot an attention whoring guy (as opposed to a guy who's just naturally friendly and OTT)?

I have never met such a person.

guys only want one thing btw.
Reply 7
Original post by inachigeek21
Grinds on guys continuously.
Shows a lot of cleavage?

What about for a guy?

snitching kermit
I have never met such a person.

guys only want one thing btw.

Yeah... I know a supposedly "feminist, left wing" guy who whiteknights and flirts something crazy :lol:
Stop being friends with them they're annoying.
Reply 9
Original post by JamesManc
Stop being friends with them they're annoying.

That's good advice :smile:

How can you tell if someone's just overly friendly or doing it on purpose tho?
If she opens her mouth.

btw why do people write though as tho these days? :confused:
btw why do people write though as tho these days? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbreviation :smile:
Do you find it a turn off if someone is one of those people who is always flirty to everyone (esp. the gender they're interested in, if they're not bi)? For example, one of those girls who's always drunkenly sitting on the lap of a guy friend at a party, or one of those guys who's always overly nice to girls (even those with boyfriends?)

Yes, I find it a turn off and I find it really annoying.

I am always cautious of guys who happen to overly flirtatious to be honest.
Original post by kittykatxoxo
Yes, I find it a turn off and I find it really annoying.

I am always cautious of guys who happen to overly flirtatious to be honest.

I know, even if the guy in question doesn't sleep around and just flirts "for the fun of it" it makes him seem quite cheap :lol: Why are you cautious, for the same reason?

To be honest I often find that people who flirt too much are just doing it on purpose.
To be honest I often find that people who flirt too much are just doing it on purpose.

Yeah that's true. I can't see why you'd want to. I am very friendly, but there is no reason to cross the line IMO unless you actually want to date someone
I know, even if the guy in question doesn't sleep around and just flirts "for the fun of it" it makes him seem quite cheap :lol: Why are you cautious, for the same reason?

Yes, for the same reason.

I just think that it makes the person seem desperate and an attention-seeker of the highest order.
Yes, for the same reason.

I just think that it makes the person seem desperate and an attention-seeker of the highest order.

Out of curiosity where would you draw "the line"?

There's this guy I have my eye on right now, and I don't think he sleeps around. He's single, but he does stuff like go out for dinner with his exes from about 5 years ago, and continually comment on his female colleagues/friends' FB statuses etc. like "how are you bby xx" or "Great work last night, hun :wink: xxx" and it shows up on my wall all the time. Massive, massive flirt though I know him well enough to say that he is not sleeping with them.

I find it annoying already and I'm not even with him... should I just forget about him? :lol:

no.

Anyone else find this really, seriously damn creepy?

Quick Reply

Latest