The Student Room Group

How Do You Spot An Attention Whore (Of Either Gender)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BreakingBadx
Yeah that's true. I can't see why you'd want to. I am very friendly, but there is no reason to cross the line IMO unless you actually want to date someone

Well....

In my experience, when a guy is being flirty it's because he want to cross the line and go out with me.
Original post by Another
Anyone else find this really, seriously damn creepy?

He could have phrased it better, yeah. Sounds like a neckbeard PUA the way it's written :lol:

I see where he's coming from though. I'd rather a guy was just flirty with me rather than 1000 other people as well.
Original post by Another

yeah man. wtf.

I see where he's coming from though. I'd rather a guy was just flirty with me rather than 1000 other people as well.

yeah yeah thats what i was trying to get across.
Original post by Another

Yes I find it so so creepy.

If she doesn't want to let her guard down then she won't.

Some guys seriously need to understand boundaries.
Out of curiosity where would you draw "the line"?

There's this guy I have my eye on right now, and I don't think he sleeps around. He's single, but he does stuff like go out for dinner with his exes from about 5 years ago, and continually comment on his female colleagues/friends' FB statuses etc. like "how are you bby xx" or "Great work last night, hun :wink: xxx" and it shows up on my wall all the time. Massive, massive flirt though I know him well enough to say that he is not sleeping with them.

I find it annoying already and I'm not even with him... should I just forget about him? :lol:

Honestly, I draw the line at the fact that:
He still goes out to dinner with his exes - unfinished business
He is a massive flirt
He posts flirty comments on his female colleagues/friends' FB statuses

To me, those traits would not be what I would want from a guy at all. It's really annoying.
takes tons of selfies
talks about themselves a lot
belittles others and uses themselves as an example of good conduct
might deliberately make a scene
Original post by kittykatxoxo
Honestly, I draw the line at the fact that:
He still goes out to dinner with his exes - unfinished business
He is a massive flirt
He posts flirty comments on his female colleagues/friends' FB statuses

To me, those traits would not be what I would want from a guy at all. It's really annoying.

Yeah, it sounds a bit weird to me as well, I'm glad to hear I'm not being too fussy or something here :s-smilie: Thanks for your advice, + repped :smile:
Original post by DErasmus
takes tons of selfies
talks about themselves a lot
belittles others and uses themselves as an example of good conduct

might deliberately make a scene

I can't stand this in anyone :s-smilie:

Would your examples apply to guys too? Trying to figure out this guy I know right now (see my post at the top of page 2) - thanks :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by snitching kermit
STFU you cheeky kent ill rek u.

i live in kent :smile:
He could have phrased it better, yeah. Sounds like a neckbeard PUA the way it's written :lol:

I read that as "I wan't a girl with insecurity issues and probably anxiety - that way she'll absolutley feel like she needs me in her life, and her lack of self confidence will mean it's less likely for her to cheat on me."

I'm a shameless flirt to both genders, but everyone on the receiving end knows I'm joking. If someone's intentions are to string multiple people along then yeah, that's a red flag. If Kermit was trying to infer that, he seriously needs to phrase that better :lol:

And oh. An attention whore will be constantly bitching about other people, including their friends, and will often complain about how unfair life/the opposite gender is to them.
(edited 9 years ago)

There's this guy I have my eye on right now, and I don't think he sleeps around. He's single, but he does stuff like go out for dinner with his exes from about 5 years ago, and continually comment on his female colleagues/friends' FB statuses etc. like "how are you bby xx" or "Great work last night, hun :wink: xxx" and it shows up on my wall all the time. Massive, massive flirt though I know him well enough to say that he is not sleeping with them.

I find it annoying already and I'm not even with him... should I just forget about him? :lol:

unfinished business most likely still has an attachment, worse if its 5 years ago it sort of says he can't get over anything even borderline obsessive but maybe i'm being to judgemental and with context it will make him look better

I wouldn't trust someone who flirted with everyone, i'd feel like they were just a social climber, using me until someone they thought was better came along.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Another
I read that as "I wan't a girl with insecurity issues and probably anxiety - that way she'll absolutley feel like she needs me in her life, and her lack of self confidence will mean it's less likely for her to cheat on me."

I'm a shameless flirt to both genders, but everyone on the receiving end knows I'm joking. If someone's intentions are to string multiple people along then yeah, that's a red flag. If Kermit was trying to infer that, he seriously needs to phrase that better :lol:

Hmm, yeah, could be read that way as well :s-smilie: I'm quite tired right now so maybe I didn't see it the way it was intended.

Would you say that the guy in this situation (reposted from above) is doing it on purpose? :smile:

I find it annoying already and I'm not even with him... should I just forget about him?
Excessively loud girls are a turn off.
Yeah, it sounds a bit weird to me as well, I'm glad to hear I'm not being too fussy or something here :s-smilie: Thanks for your advice, + repped :smile:

:smile:
Original post by DErasmus
unfinished business most likely still has an attachment, worse if its 5 years ago it sort of says he can't get over anything even borderline obsessive but maybe i'm being to judgemental and with context it will make him look better

I wouldn't trust someone who flirted with everyone, i'd feel like they were just a social climber, using me until someone they thought was better came along.

Yeah... he's one of those "overly friendly" people who goes out for dinner or lunch or whatever with male friends, too, but he is still clearly very close to ex girlfriends. I'm not sure if it's a good sign (because a guy who hates his exes often has issues himself), or what :s-smilie:

I know what you mean. I'm very friendly myself but there are definitely boundaries, though I do find friendly people like him more attractive. I feel he takes it OTT sometimes. The last thing I want is "fake" flirting - that seems like a waste of time, and, for lack of a better word, a bit classless.
Original post by Adam171014
Excessively loud girls are a turn off.

How loud are we talking? Ladette type stuff? :tongue:
Original post by Another

And oh. An attention whore will be constantly bitching about other people, including their friends, and will often complain about how unfair life/the opposite gender is to them.

I agree. I also read it in the same way - it's like he has a prince charming/white knight in shining armor complex, and treats women as though they are damsels in distress.

Red flag.
Signs:
Clingy
Can't give you space/has no respect for boundaries
Flirty/overly flirty
Too touchy-feely
Calls you things like 'babe' even though you two are not together
Wants to be overly involved in your life - lack of boundaries/clingy
Has something against the opposite sex
Bitchy
Fake
Can't get over exes
Acts like a goody two shoes
Uses PUA lines
(edited 9 years ago)

Would you say that the guy in this situation (reposted from above) is doing it on purpose? :smile:

Well, yes. Sounds like one of those guys who likes to keep his options open, I'd stay away. Even if you don't think he's having sex with these girls, he could well be making out with them, fantasizing about them, chasing after other girls you know nothing about, and the like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending