The Student Room Group

Disney Store Group Interview

Hi peoples, I had my first group interview last week for the disney store. I just wanted to post on her a the questions they asked me and how it went.

All the other tips I read about for this interview were completely different than what actually happened. I think maybe the other tips were from people in america, and since I'm in the UK, it changed, idk.:confused:

Okay so there were only four of us. (two apparently didn't show up) ah well

Literally there were three questions.
The first thing they told us to do was to pick an item from the store that most relates to us. I picked Woody from Toy Store because he's a fun loving guy, and because he's loyal to all his friends and just as inviting to others.
The others picked Anna and Elsa and Snow White as they're family orientated and all that.

Secondly (oh there was only one man in the room with us, the manager), she put a couple of items on the table, (random stuff, a book, cream, a dvd, spray) and we had to sell that product to the rest of the group. The item you picked didn't have to actually be what you were selling. You had to become creative and use your imagination. I picked the book and pretended that as soon as you open it, the characters would come alive and join you as you read the book.

And then lastly we had to get into groups, and since it was only 4 of us, we just all came together. We had to reenact a story from a book. We picked the frozen book but included different disney princesses into the story to make it creative.

That was it basically. At the end she told us that when we start that we're gonna have to know a couple disney facts to tell the children when they come in, and literally my heart dropped cause I thought she was gonna quiz us there and then on some random disney facts, but she didn't.:cool:

We then had to fill out a form with out name, phone number, available hours, why you want to work there and what our greatest achievements are (that one threw me off a bit)

Oh and please don't forget to ask questions, it lets the manager know that you are interested. No one asked any questions, until she was like, don't you want to know what you have to do in the job?.
I asked when we would know if we got the job or not and she said withing a week.

They called me back the next day to tell me that I got the job, so yay!
So if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask me anything! :biggrin:

Good Luck!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, Congrats!
How did you get in and how was your CV/Cover Letter like?
Reply 2
Original post by UnknownDude
Firstly, Congrats!
How did you get in and how was your CV/Cover Letter like?

Thank you!
My CV's actually plain cause this would be my first job. But I have had 2 different work experiences in primary schools. I just said that I'm eager to learn, i've got organisation skills, great punctuality and that jazz. My cover letter summarised what I said in my cv. It was about 12 lines tops. I said that I would love to be a part of disney as they are known to bring a smile on millions of children, teenager and adults around the world and that no matter your age, race, sexuality or gender, the disney store is the only thing we all have in common.
Original post by diannamorris
Thank you!
My CV's actually plain cause this would be my first job. But I have had 2 different work experiences in primary schools. I just said that I'm eager to learn, i've got organisation skills, great punctuality and that jazz. My cover letter summarised what I said in my cv. It was about 12 lines tops. I said that I would love to be a part of disney as they are known to bring a smile on millions of children, teenager and adults around the world and that no matter your age, race, sexuality or gender, the disney store is the only thing we all have in common.

Wow, that's inspirational :biggrin: And thanks for the ideas. I might apply to disney as well... did you apply to the london one?
Reply 4
Wow, that's inspirational :biggrin: And thanks for the ideas. I might apply to disney as well... did you apply to the london one?

Yeah I did and go for it! I can't wait to start!
Yeah I did and go for it! I can't wait to start!

Are they still reruiting?
Congratulations on the job. I love your summary and how imaginative you are especially the part where you spoke of the characters in the book coming alive.

Well done you (y)
Reply 7
Are they still reruiting?

yep, christmas temp! I know where I'm doing my christmas shopping this year lol
Reply 8
Original post by hereandthere
Congratulations on the job. I love your summary and how imaginative you are especially the part where you spoke of the characters in the book coming alive.

Well done you (y)

Thank you :biggrin: I was so nervous, but the manager was really nice and friendly and overall it was just fun
Hi peoples, I had my first group interview last week for the disney store. I just wanted to post on her a the questions they asked me and how it went.

All the other tips I read about for this interview were completely different than what actually happened. I think maybe the other tips were from people in america, and since I'm in the UK, it changed, idk.:confused:

Okay so there were only four of us. (two apparently didn't show up) ah well

Literally there were three questions.
The first thing they told us to do was to pick an item from the store that most relates to us. I picked Woody from Toy Store because he's a fun loving guy, and because he's loyal to all his friends and just as inviting to others.
The others picked Anna and Elsa and Snow White as they're family orientated and all that.

Secondly (oh there was only one man in the room with us, the manager), she put a couple of items on the table, (random stuff, a book, cream, a dvd, spray) and we had to sell that product to the rest of the group. The item you picked didn't have to actually be what you were selling. You had to become creative and use your imagination. I picked the book and pretended that as soon as you open it, the characters would come alive and join you as you read the book.

And then lastly we had to get into groups, and since it was only 4 of us, we just all came together. We had to reenact a story from a book. We picked the frozen book but included different disney princesses into the story to make it creative.

That was it basically. At the end she told us that when we start that we're gonna have to know a couple disney facts to tell the children when they come in, and literally my heart dropped cause I thought she was gonna quiz us there and then on some random disney facts, but she didn't.:cool:

We then had to fill out a form with out name, phone number, available hours, why you want to work there and what our greatest achievements are (that one threw me off a bit)

Oh and please don't forget to ask questions, it lets the manager know that you are interested. No one asked any questions, until she was like, don't you want to know what you have to do in the job?.
I asked when we would know if we got the job or not and she said withing a week.

They called me back the next day to tell me that I got the job, so yay!
So if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask me anything! :biggrin:

Good Luck!!

Disney is a cool company to work for congrats. :smile:
yep, christmas temp! I know where I'm doing my christmas shopping this year lol

Whats the pay like?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats the pay like?
Posted from TSR Mobile

idk yet. i didn't want to be too forward in the interview and ask about the pay, but I've got a training day on tuesday so I can let you know afterwards. :smile:
idk yet. i didn't want to be too forward in the interview and ask about the pay, but I've got a training day on tuesday so I can let you know afterwards. :smile:

Thanks. I want to apply since working at disney is cool but like I dont want to apply as well since it takes me an hour and a half by bus to get there. I don't really mind that, but then again, I want to work part-time until christma holidays (Then Ill go full time) so I dont think its worth it.
Thanks. I want to apply since working at disney is cool but like I dont want to apply as well since it takes me an hour and a half by bus to get there. I don't really mind that, but then again, I want to work part-time until christma holidays (Then Ill go full time) so I dont think its worth it.

I just think it would be a good experience. And Christmas would be a great time to work at the disney store. ps, they've changed my induction day to thursday
Reply 14
Hi guys,

This might be unrelated.. but I have an interview with Disneyland Paris for a summer job, its this week, unfortunately not the Disney store. And I was just wondering if anyone has any insights to this type of interview.
-Is the interview in French / English is my main concern!
-types of questions asked
-type of person there looking for
-best way to conduct yourself

Many thanks!
Original post by Mary11
Hi guys,

This might be unrelated.. but I have an interview with Disneyland Paris for a summer job, its this week, unfortunately not the Disney store. And I was just wondering if anyone has any insights to this type of interview.
-Is the interview in French / English is my main concern!
-types of questions asked
-type of person there looking for
-best way to conduct yourself

Many thanks!

Hi, erm, I'm just assuming, but i think the interview would be in english, mainly because of the amount of non french people that would be visiting disney land aswell. but just ask at the beginning of the interview.
they're looking for cheery people. upbeat, happy people or atleast someone that can pretend to be all those things for a couple of hours. lol.
they would ask why do you want to work here?
and probably everything i've stated at the top, since they're all still disney.
and be relaxed, they don't want an overly confident person (my friend was too confident that it came off as being bossy, so they said no to him). and make sure that if they put you in groups, that you're a team player.

good luck! and you're so lucky!!!!
Oh, ****. This is the most recent post I've found on Disney Store group interviews and this is my worst nightmare.
The first one, I can do. That's easy. The third one, I can do. Not as easy, but I used to be part of a drama group so maybe that will help me. The second one I am dreading!!!! I can't sell things on the spot like that! Damn, I was so hoping I would get this job but I probably won't now. 😔😔
Original post by edawson_96
Oh, ****. This is the most recent post I've found on Disney Store group interviews and this is my worst nightmare.
The first one, I can do. That's easy. The third one, I can do. Not as easy, but I used to be part of a drama group so maybe that will help me. The second one I am dreading!!!! I can't sell things on the spot like that! Damn, I was so hoping I would get this job but I probably won't now. ������������

That's what I thought when I went in there. I was so scared. Really just make a fool out of yourself. Think of what you would've like to play with when you was a child. And address all ages. like if you get a pair of glasses, pretend that it's a pair of goggles that brings all the disney characters to life. say how it's available in all different sizes so that parents and older people can get involved in the fun aswell, or something like that.

If it's a dvd, say a similar thing, like this dvd has every disney movie on it so that you won't have to buy new dvds and that the disk updates itself so that all the latest movies are put onto that disk straight away. and if you want to be extra, include the goggles in with the dvd. (it'll show them that you know how to sale two items for a great deal)

When is your interview? Goodluck!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
That's what I thought when I went in there. I was so scared. Really just make a fool out of yourself. Think of what you would've like to play with when you was a child. And address all ages. like if you get a pair of glasses, pretend that it's a pair of goggles that brings all the disney characters to life. say how it's available in all different sizes so that parents and older people can get involved in the fun aswell, or something like that.

If it's a dvd, say a similar thing, like this dvd has every disney movie on it so that you won't have to buy new dvds and that the disk updates itself so that all the latest movies are put onto that disk straight away. and if you want to be extra, include the goggles in with the dvd. (it'll show them that you know how to sale two items for a great deal)

When is your interview? Goodluck!!!

I'm so terrified! I've been refreshing my memory by rewatching older Disney movies in case it comes in handy. It's this Friday (20th), do you need to know a lot of stuff about the company? I've learnt some basics in case because I know companies ask about that sort of thing? Thank you!!
Hi,
I would love to work at the Disney Store (Disney has been a big part of my life since I was little).
I was wondering how you guys applied?
Did you just take your CV into your local store or did you see an advertisement?
Also, do they hire 17 year olds or is it only 18+ they look for?
Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending