The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough for a good uni?

Okay so basically I didn't do well in my gcses. This is what I got:

7 B grades and 3 C grades...

I'm really worried because I know people get rejected sometimes for having poor gcses. My dream would be to study Law at Sheffield, Lancaster, Cardiff or Liverpool I'm just really worried that I won't get into a well respected university as I want to hopefully become a solicitor (a bit farfetched dream I know)

Does anyone know if the universities listed above look at gcses a lot and if I stand a chance at getting into any of them?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Check what your courses say, either on ucas or the uni's website.

Some courses require you to have all very good (A/A*), many others only require a C in English and maths, some others require a B in a related topic.....

It really depends on what course, but you're probably fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Azurefeline
Check what your courses say, either on ucas or the uni's website.

Some courses require you to have all very good (A/A*), many others only require a C in English and maths, some others require a B in a related topic.....

It really depends on what course, but you're probably fine.

Thank you, it's very reassuring that you believe that i will be okay when applying.

I've looked at the websites and I found that gcse requirements aren't really mentioned apart from one or two where the gcse requirement for english language is C and I have got a B. I was worried that even though they don't highlight gcse requirements i may be looked upon unfavourably because my gcses aren't as good as other students.

Thanks for your response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending