The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by allijones95
Hi,

Im currently in my first year of my zoology degree and would love to be a vet..... but i dont actually know what vet schools want in a grad student?? I know have to
get a 2:1 or above is there anything else they like in paticular work experience wise.
Also how is the interview set out etc?? sorry so many questions :smile:

As far as I know they do consider graduate applications

Pretty much depends on the colleges you want to apply to
But apparently they still look at your school grades

Be careful about fees though, Scotland's fees for graduates are incredible... Unfortunately

Some of the unis offer D102 so if you're a graduate you might wanna check this one out. It's a course designed for graduates

You can find entry requirements on the homepage of each uni since they ask for different things, eg. RVC looks for WE within 18 months prior application, or cambridge asks for the BMAT .... Just examples

I'm a graduate myself, so I'll be able to tell a lot more by May :wink:

hope for the best
Original post by VetMed
Nah, nothing heard from Liverpool other than that they've received my application

Well done to everyone already invited to interviews...

I sent mine way back in September ... And haven't heard from Bristol either...

It just takes time to consider that many applications, so don't worry.

I haven't heard from them at all, so a bit worried...
Reply 3462
Original post by Rognebær
I haven't heard from them at all, so a bit worried...

What colleges did you apply to?

Have you not received the confirmation saying they've received your application?
Original post by VetMed
What colleges did you apply to?

Have you not received the confirmation saying they've received your application?

That is correct. Maybe I need to look through my gmail again.
Reply 3464
Original post by AnimalArk
Just got mine today! I submitted my app on October 12th. :P

Congratulations
What date is your interview? And when is everyone else's interview who has already been invited?

And I just got the postcard from Nottingham, and it also said I'll only hear back some time between December and February

( Oh yeah plenty of time to wait/worry/waste :smile: :wink: hahah )
Reply 3465
Do students outside of the UK get called for interviews or do they just speak to someone over the phone instead of going to the college? Thanks!
Original post by VetMed
Congratulations
What date is your interview? And when is everyone else's interview who has already been invited?

Mine is on the 9th of December. I had a few dates to choose from and this one suited me best.

Original post by Gerty
Do students outside of the UK get called for interviews or do they just speak to someone over the phone instead of going to the college? Thanks!

I think some unis do give you the opportunity to visit and give the interview if you can. Bristol invited me to an interview over Skype so that was pretty convenient for me.
Reply 3467
Mine is on the 9th of December. I had a few dates to choose from and this one suited me best.

I think some unis do give you the opportunity to visit and give the interview if you can. Bristol invited me to an interview over Skype so that was pretty convenient for me.

May I ask where you live? I live in Germany atm... Movin back to Ireland just before Christmas ...
Original post by VetMed
May I ask where you live? I live in Germany atm... Movin back to Ireland just before Christmas ...

I live in India, so going to the UK is inconvenient for me especially since my exams are approaching.
You're international right? Anybody else international who has gotten a Bristol Interview?

Also, anybody else getting worried about no acknowledgement from Glasgow?

I am worried about not hearing anything from Glasgow. should I expect anything from them soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissPinkyMonkey
I am worried about not hearing anything from Glasgow. should I expect anything from them soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, people told me not to worry and Glasgow isn't very active about acknowledgement etc.
Also, apparently their servers are down. I suppose we should worry only when others start getting them and we don't.
Hi, I am new to the thread :3
I am starting to worry about my Edinburgh WeX form...
I submitted it yesterday afternoon, and they said something about getting an email which you have to upload? I have been checking both my actual email, and the intray of my EUCLID account, but haven't received anything yet.
Starting to panic as tomorrow is the deadline!
Can someone please tell me when they got their form back via email, and how to then go about uploading it to your application; stressing out here!

Thank you - and good luck to people getting interviews already! :smile:)
Original post by ailsab96
Hi, I am new to the thread :3
I am starting to worry about my Edinburgh WeX form...
I submitted it yesterday afternoon, and they said something about getting an email which you have to upload? I have been checking both my actual email, and the intray of my EUCLID account, but haven't received anything yet.
Starting to panic as tomorrow is the deadline!
Can someone please tell me when they got their form back via email, and how to then go about uploading it to your application; stressing out here!

Thank you - and good luck to people getting interviews already! :smile:)

I got the email almost instantaneously so I'm not sure where yours is:/ have you checked your junk box? Did you definitely give the right email address on the WES form? If you can't find it then just give the university a quick email and go from there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
I got the email almost instantaneously so I'm not sure where yours is:/ have you checked your junk box? Did you definitely give the right email address on the WES form? If you can't find it then just give the university a quick email and go from there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am pretty sure I wrote in the right email, and I have been checking my junk inbox. I might phone them and see what is happening to it! Thank you :3
Original post by ailsab96
I am pretty sure I wrote in the right email, and I have been checking my junk inbox. I might phone them and see what is happening to it! Thank you :3

Follow the links on MyEd to get an email form for help - I had to do that at one stage and they get back to you really fast!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody had any rejections yet?
Yooo for Eddy, how do you know if the form uploaded? My EUCLID says that there's 1 document in the clearing documents so I assume its fine, but I've seen people mention a green tick box or something of that ilk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
Follow the links on MyEd to get an email form for help - I had to do that at one stage and they get back to you really fast!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I phoned up and the lady said that they had been having some trouble with it. The email address was correct, so she sent the email again and I got it through instantly! Now we are just back to waiting again...
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yooo for Eddy, how do you know if the form uploaded? My EUCLID says that there's 1 document in the clearing documents so I assume its fine, but I've seen people mention a green tick box or something of that ilk?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now I have uploaded my form (!) I can help :wink:
Once you are on the "upload documents" page where you can see that you have one document uploaded, you have to click the red exit button in the corner to submit it. Once you have done that you should get a green tick next to the clearance check message in your intray - confused me too!
Hope that helps :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending