The Student Room Group

Regretting an A-Level choice . . .

And it's too late to change now. Does anyone feel the same way? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What A Level is it? (You're in A2 right?)

Funny enough I regret taking Spanish A Level a lot of the time, since I don't like my teacher and the level of homework is unbelievable. He's from Peru and only practised teaching in private schools in China and Singapore... so basically he's treating me (only me in the class) like some Chinese homework slave.

Ironically, I've applied to do Spanish and Chinese at uni, so I've just got to pull through A2 and then I can enjoy Spanish again. :biggrin:
Original post by Iggy Azalea
What A Level is it? (You're in A2 right?)

Funny enough I regret taking Spanish A Level a lot of the time, since I don't like my teacher and the level of homework is unbelievable. He's from Peru and only practised teaching in private schools in China and Singapore... so basically he's treating me (only me in the class) like some Chinese homework slave.

Ironically, I've applied to do Spanish and Chinese at uni, so I've just got to pull through A2 and then I can enjoy Spanish again. :biggrin:

I'm in Y12. I will PM you if that's okay? And that's awful. I hope it gets better soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could always just drop one and pick up another next year.
Original post by Edminzodo
I'm in Y12. I will PM you if that's okay? And that's awful. I hope it gets better soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okey dokey, feel free. And I'm sure I will survive A level Spanish, as the end (i.e Uni) is near! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt the same way about Chemistry last year. I had a nagging feeling within the first few weeks of school it wasn't for me but decided it would get better as time went by. Let's just say it never did. I stuck with it and dropped it after AS, but if you really think:
a) you can't cope with the subject
b) you don't find it enjoyable at the moment and will not even after being introduced to potentially more interesting topics
c) it's taking up a lot of time that could be spent on your other A-Level subjects
Drop it and pick up another subject next year. Or is there another subject you'd really like to do now?
Do you know what you want to do when you leave sixth form? Will this A-level hinder your chances?
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it is only one of your options then I would stick it out unless you really detest it or need another A-Level to do a course at uni etc, imagine all the work you have done in the AS levels you have done and that is what you would of missed if you swap it for another one
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the AS and what do you want to do after sixth form (just a rough idea)??
My school won't let me drop one now. It's too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chem@uni
What is the AS and what do you want to do after sixth form (just a rough idea)??

I PMed you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tarte Tatin
Do you know what you want to do when you leave sixth form? Will this A-level hinder your chances?

Not at all. And I have a rough idea of what I want to do job wise, but I'm quite undecided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I feel the same about Chemistry. I was unsure about Chem from the start cause I chose it last minute. Originally I was going to do History but I didn't like the topics they do at my sixth form, so it was between Chem and Lit. Lit was in the same block as Further Maths so I chose Chemistry. First few weeks of Chem were good so I thought I'd made the right decision but then it started getting harder and boring and now it's too late to change it. :frown:

I can't PM you. You've run out of room in your inbox.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay ill delete some messages

Posted from TSR Mobile

try again now
try again now

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I regretted Physics in maybe about March when it was clear I was never going to get a decent grade. I knew the stuff (sort of), I just couldn't connect the physics to the question to form an answer.

Keep going with it, and see if you can pick up an AS in year 13 to hopefully balance out any not-so-great grade you might get.
Original post by loperdoper
I regretted Physics in maybe about March when it was clear I was never going to get a decent grade. I knew the stuff (sort of), I just couldn't connect the physics to the question to form an answer.

Keep going with it, and see if you can pick up an AS in year 13 to hopefully balance out any not-so-great grade you might get.

what di dyou get in AS physics?
what di dyou get in AS physics?

D. I was 3 UMS off a C though.

It was tough, took roughly the same amount of work to get an A in Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest