The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Gcseboy1997
When is this 8 week email? I've applied for economic history and got a 12 week email then a 2 week email? Eeeekkkkk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 100% sure. Only gathered it exists from other people on here, I've personally only seen the 12 and 2 week emails.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Anyone on here applied to management at LSE?
Reply 402
Just got an offer for Economics and Philosophy!! AAA :biggrin:
Original post by nat2015

Wow congrats!:biggrin: Any PPE offers?
Original post by nat2015

Wow that's exciting, massive congratulations!
Original post by nat2015

Omg that's amazing!
Reply 406
Original post by nat2015

Massive congrats! I thought LSE doesn't give out offers until January
Reply 407
Original post by Joshki
Massive congrats! I thought LSE doesn't give out offers until January

I thought it might have taken longer. I received the 8 week email 3 weeks ago, and applied on 24th of September :smile:
Reply 408
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
I applied for Social Policy and got an email a while back saying they'd get back to me in two weeks with further information - not heard anything since. Anyone got similar experience?

Same thing happened to me lool.
Original post by Mariusk03
I have! My application was sent on Monday, received the aknowledgement e-mail on Tuesday and am now waiting for further information :smile:

Have you applied already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I received the 8 week email a week ago and got an offer today! Do you know why it is AAB yet economics etc are A*AA?
Reply 410
Original post by Economicsgirl08
AAAB

B in english lit

I got an offer last year with ABBB but that was for history which isn't as competitive. A LOT depends on your PS. There were people with 5 A*s at A2 who reapplied but didnt get in last year. A guy in my school had 5A's at AS and they were all in facilitating subjects, he got in Cambridge but not LSE, for economics. So regardless of how good your grades are, if they don't like your PS they'll reject you.
Original post by Millerman
Yes, I received the 8 week email a week ago and got an offer today! Do you know why it is AAB yet economics etc are A*AA?

congrats! This course has the lowest success rate to receive an offer :smile: the most well respected managment/ business course :biggrin:
If LSE have sent you a questionnaire does this mean that they are satisfied with your personal statement? Or is this just a generic procedure for all economics courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Millerman

I believe it has to do with the kind of students LSE is trying to get into the different courses. For economics, they are looking for Maths, FM and Physics/Chemistry/Economics - basically quantitative subjects with a higher percentage of A* and A then qualitative subjects such as History, Psychology, Sociology. LSE states clearly that they treat Management degree as a social science, unlike Management Science which is more mathematical. LSE clearly states in their admissions statement that they prefer applicants with a good spread of subjects.

You shouldn't think that Management is less academic than Economics. It is just different. Someone with A*A*A* in Maths, FM and Physics may find Management difficult compared to Economics due to the qualitative content. Actually, some apply to change out of Management in fear of the qualitative element. Still, LSE's Management course has more mathematical and economics content than similar degrees in most other universities. So, LSE Management students have to be good in both quantitative and qualitative areas.

Also, Management and Economics are just as competitive as their applicants to places ratios are both about around 14:1. FYI, most current students have much higher grades than AAB.
Just received 8 week email! Is that a good sign? Applied for maths with econ
Reply 415
I received 2 week email on 14/10 and 8 week email on 20/10 but i haven't received the questionaire yet. is that a bad sign? I am really worried about my PS because I also applied to e&m at oxford, so I included a little bit about management on my PS (about 400 characters). Now I regret about it. when does lse normally gives out their offer?

btw I am applying for striaght econ
Original post by FMW96
I received 2 week email on 14/10 and 8 week email on 20/10 but i haven't received the questionaire yet. is that a bad sign? I am really worried about my PS because I also applied to e&m at oxford, so I included a little bit about management on my PS (about 400 characters). Now I regret about it. when does lse normally gives out their offer?

btw I am applying for striaght econ

You're better than me.. I applied for math with econ and my ps doesnt have ANY mention about econ since I'm applying for straight maths for other 4 unis.. haha..
Original post by Mariusk03
I don't actually. I'm doing the IB though and there it's different. Economics is 38 points while management ist 37. Both want 766 at HL but economics requires HL math, while management also accepts a 7 at SL. So I'm not sure why there are these differences, but they aren't very big.

Congrats for your offer! May I ask when you applied and what predicted grades you have? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I applied on the 3rd October and am predicted 3A* and 1A in Maths, Further Maths, Econ and History.

What about you?
Does everyone applying for economics/maths get a questionnaire????
Original post by MrBowcat
Does everyone applying for economics/maths get a questionnaire????

Applied for maths with econ. got 2 and 8 week email but not a questionnaire

Quick Reply

Latest