The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by JackTeh96
Which college are you applying?
It's really impressive, considering you are doing five subjects.

My SUMS is alright, more worried on my BMAT. Downing seems to be really obsessed with high BMAT score, and I don't know if a 6 is a competitive score :frown:
I am also applying to Downing!Love Downing so much!

Passing by to collect some offer letters from Cambridge and send it to us?

Clare College 😊
Which college are you applying?
It's really impressive, considering you are doing five subjects.

My SUMS is alright, more worried on my BMAT. Downing seems to be really obsessed with high BMAT score, and I don't know if a 6 is a competitive score :frown:
I am also applying to Downing!Love Downing so much!

Passing by to collect some offer letters from Cambridge and send it to us?

yes i am and will add some messages of my own as well
Original post by gum1941
I'm applying to Downing too! *hi fellow Downing peeps*

I'm absolutely sh***ing myself for the BMAT tho. I've been getting from 5.4s to 7s in my mocks. I haven't really bothered about the writing section yet because I called up the Downing Admissions tutor and he told me that it wasn't going to be considered by the college (luckily)

JackTeh96 I wouldn't worry too much about UMS because I've got a friend at Downing whose average SUMS was 93%. I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to how much they like you at the interview

5.4s to 7s is perfectly fine by the way :tongue: It will definitely get you an interview at least.
I'm aiming to get somewhere around 5.5 (S1) and 7.0 (S2) judging by my averages from past papers but obviously it isn't going to be the same on the day!
Different colleges look at BMAT differently. In Downing last year, the successful average is 7.2, 6.7 ... LMAO :frown:
Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Hm I know, but the averages are brought up by a few very high scores rather than lots of 7.2 scores
Original post by TotalerReinfall
Hm I know, but the averages are brought up by a few very high scores rather than lots of 7.2 scores

I doubt it, Downing takes 16 medics each year, and from what I saw from the pdf document, about 30 ppl got 7.0s, so life is tough.
I doubt it, Downing takes 16 medics each year, and from what I saw from the pdf document, about 30 ppl got 7.0s, so life is tough.

Damn, have fun
Anyone else here applying to Jesus College?
Original post by gum1941
I'm applying to Downing too! *hi fellow Downing peeps*

I'm absolutely sh***ing myself for the BMAT tho. I've been getting from 5.4s to 7s in my mocks. I haven't really bothered about the writing section yet because I called up the Downing Admissions tutor and he told me that it wasn't going to be considered by the college (luckily)

JackTeh96 I wouldn't worry too much about UMS because I've got a friend at Downing whose average SUMS was 93%. I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to how much they like you at the interview

The essay isn't considered at all? Wow!

Only UCL cares about it for me then.

(i'm applying to Downing :wink:)
Original post by a123a
Oh my bad :redface: I just got happy then
Which college have you applied for?

Downing, you?
Reply 189
Original post by aprocrastinator
Downing, you?

St John's :smile:
Original post by aprocrastinator
The essay isn't considered at all? Wow!

Only UCL cares about it for me then.

(i'm applying to Downing :wink:)

(i'm applying to UCL too! :biggrin: haha) we might see each other at the interview lol

I haven't done much writing practice yet.. the physics questions in S2 are still killing me.

Does anyone know if moments (torque/fulcrum and all that) will be coming up? I had a look at the spec and it didn't mention anything about that, but its come up in some of the past papers I've done.
Original post by gum1941
(i'm applying to UCL too! :biggrin: haha) we might see each other at the interview lol

I haven't done much writing practice yet.. the physics questions in S2 are still killing me.

Does anyone know if moments (torque/fulcrum and all that) will be coming up? I had a look at the spec and it didn't mention anything about that, but its come up in some of the past papers I've done.

Maybe so! :wink:

Aw no! :frown: If you learn the equations then it should be alright and just practice GCSE questions!

If it doesn't say it on the spec then it won't come up - they haven't got anything on the eye or muscles either.
obsessing over this spreadsheet:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/226127/response/560253/attach/2/FOI%202014%20311%20Lawson%20response%20letter%20and%20data.pdf

I found someone who applied to fitzwilliam with a 9 , 9 , 4A!!!!!

:eek:
Original post by AlphaMariMo
obsessing over this spreadsheet:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/226127/response/560253/attach/2/FOI%202014%20311%20Lawson%20response%20letter%20and%20data.pdf

I found someone who applied to fitzwilliam with a 9 , 9 , 4A!!!!!

:eek:

Found myself on that spreadsheet from when I applied last year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pink.1000
Anyone else here applying to Jesus College?

I am!
Original post by House MD
Found myself on that spreadsheet from when I applied last year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying this year? Or you are in there already??
Any advice for newbies?? :smile:
Are you applying this year? Or you are in there already??
Any advice for newbies?? :smile:

Reapplying, but not to Cambridge.

Interview advice... practice under pressure and try to make sure your mind doesn't go blank. Keep thinking out loud and take your time if necessary. Be enthusiastic, smile and try to enjoy the experience - it'll show :smile:

Probably things you've heard before, but they're still very true!
Original post by House MD
Reapplying, but not to Cambridge.

Interview advice... practice under pressure and try to make sure your mind doesn't go blank. Keep thinking out loud and take your time if necessary. Be enthusiastic, smile and try to enjoy the experience - it'll show :smile:

Probably things you've heard before, but they're still very true!

Which college did you apply last year, and what were the three things that you regret (at bmat or at interview)
Which uni are you applying this year?
Reply 198
Any queens' applicants here?
Original post by TJLJT
Any queens' applicants here?

Me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply