The Student Room Group

Geology & Earth Sciences 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
[QUOTE="Gizos;51275445"]
Original post by RSS_100

Oh right i get what you mean. I'm going for the whole day as it takes a long time to get there so I haven't been to an open day before. What about you?

Yeah same I'm doing the whole day.
Reply 141
[QUOTE="RSS_100;51284243"]
Original post by Gizos

Yeah same I'm doing the whole day.

I will see you there then :wink:
Got an interview offer from Imperial yesterday, get in!
Going on the 12th November, anyone else got an invitation for interview or going on that date???
Reply 143
I don't have one yet but I was wondering what it says the day involves and if you have to prep anything? Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by lukemags
Got an interview offer from Imperial yesterday, get in!
Going on the 12th November, anyone else got an invitation for interview or going on that date???

Well done! I'm on that day!
Hi guys I'm a fresher at Oxford studying Earth Sciences so if anyone has any questions about the interviews or where I applied etc feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by TheHutster
Hi guys I'm a fresher at Oxford studying Earth Sciences so if anyone has any questions about the interviews or where I applied etc feel free to ask :smile:

Hey, what do they generally ask about in the interviews (for Imperial in particular if you applied there)
Went to Royal Holloway's open day last week. This place is amazing! I definitely want to study geology here.
Original post by supervolcano
Went to Royal Holloway's open day last week. This place is amazing! I definitely want to study geology here.

Best bit is the campus and the staff in Earth Sciences are really friendly
Original post by Chlorophile
Royal Holloway has a stunning campus - I've not visited personally but it does look absolutely beautiful. And Royal Holloway is still pretty darn good, ranked above UCL in this ranking (it certainly seems better at teaching than UCL).

I also was really impressed by Royal Holloway. Its better than Bristol where staff just seem interested in research rather than teaching students
I also was really impressed by Royal Holloway. Its better than Bristol where staff just seem interested in research rather than teaching students

Have you visited Bristol?
Have you visited Bristol?

yeah, went to an open day in Jume. Amazing city but they put us on a bus to see a hall and we got stuck in traffic for 45 mins, and missed the main talk as a result
yeah, went to an open day in Jume. Amazing city but they put us on a bus to see a hall and we got stuck in traffic for 45 mins, and missed the main talk as a result

I've been wondering whether or not to attend a visit day there. I wasn't really intending on going to Bristol but it does look like a very nice place to be.
I've been wondering whether or not to attend a visit day there. I wasn't really intending on going to Bristol but it does look like a very nice place to be.

Hey, have you been invited to an applicant visit day at Bristol?
Original post by Beccakatie
Hey, have you been invited to an applicant visit day at Bristol?

Yes I was, but I couldn't make the date they gave me. If they give me another date I might go.
Yes I was, but I couldn't make the date they gave me. If they give me another date I might go.

Oh okay :smile: I am going to that I was just wondering if anyone else was.
Oh okay :smile: I am going to that I was just wondering if anyone else was.

Have a good time! Which course do you have an offer for?
Have a good time! Which course do you have an offer for?

Thanks :smile: geology msci you? Where else have you applied?
Thanks :smile: geology msci you? Where else have you applied?

I applied for that originally (because they don't offer Geophysics) and then I switched over to Environmental Geoscience at the last moment. If for some reason I do eventually decide to go for Bristol, I might ask to do a switcheroo over to Geology. I've also applied to UCL, Imperial, Southampton and Oxford. You?
Reply 159
Well done! I'm on that day!

I have an interview on that day aswell for Geology!

Are you guys doing anything in particular to prepare for the interview? Because I don't know what to expect

Also what are you going to wear?:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending