The Student Room Group

How to pass Hazard Perception...?

So today I took my theory and failed :frown: Got 48/50 on the theory and 42/75 on the hazard perception- I needed 44 -_- I didn't want to click too many times as I was scared of getting zero... am I over thinking it? I've ordered the dvd and I'm retaking the test on the 21st.. any advice...? I really don't want to fail again :frown:
My advice is to practice on clips using the DVD you ordered and get the hang of it.

You can really only get busted if you click too much at short amount of time and also if you click in a pattern.

When you see hazard, you click once, then let some seconds pass and click again, or even again after some time to make sure that even if you pressed too early, you'll still get some marks with the second/third click.
Reply 2
Set your mind on the hazards and nothing else you should pass pretty easily, there's no trick to it and don't get fixated on over or underclicking.

*See 1st hazard* *click* *see 2nd hazard* *click* etc.
Original post by hannahjune
So today I took my theory and failed :frown: Got 48/50 on the theory and 42/75 on the hazard perception- I needed 44 -_- I didn't want to click too many times as I was scared of getting zero... am I over thinking it? I've ordered the dvd and I'm retaking the test on the 21st.. any advice...? I really don't want to fail again :frown:

I clicked too many times on my hazard perception test and I still passed which I couldn't believe tbh! But the thing is that you need to look out for small details and the more you practice the better you will get so best of luck and I hope u hit the roads soon too :smile: xxx
Reply 4

I got those exact same scores on the theory and hazard perception. I'm currently just using the DVD to revise hazard perception. Don't be afraid of clicking too much, just don't click in a beat, that will get you caught. My sister had like 20 clicks on each of her clips and never got disqualified.

Quite simply, click more.

You'll only be flagged for excess clicking if you pretty much spam click. So as long as you are genuinely clicking for each hazard and not just constantly clicking for the sake of clicking then you'll be perfectly fine.
I failed the first time due to the hazard perception. Personally, I found the DVD crap for the hazard perception. I bought apps which were very helpful (69p each i think so reasonable!).

EDIT: My friend did 8 clicks on hers and got 0 on the double hazard clip because they thought she was cheating. I would click more, just not too much
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HistoryGirly
I failed the first time due to the hazard perception. Personally, I found the DVD crap for the hazard perception. I bought apps which were very helpful (69p each i think so reasonable!).

EDIT: My friend did 8 clicks on hers and got 0 on the double hazard clip because they thought she was cheating. I would click more, just not too much

I think it's if you click in a pattern.
Reply 8
Original post by jjd213
I got those exact same scores on the theory and hazard perception. I'm currently just using the DVD to revise hazard perception. Don't be afraid of clicking too much, just don't click in a beat, that will get you caught. My sister had like 20 clicks on each of her clips and never got disqualified.

That's made me feel so much better that there's someone in the same boat!:smile: My DVD's arrived today, going to have a look at it soon, really hope it's helpful!
Take Eden on his left foot. Do not let him shuffle because he will pass to Costa then the net will bulge.
Original post by Catholic_
Take Eden on his left foot. Do not let him shuffle because he will pass to Costa then the net will bulge.

Not sure what you're smoking but I'd like some.
Reply 11
I clicked relatively conservatively in my first attempt at the theory, in which I failed the questions section by one.

Second time round, I got 49/50 for the questions and 63/75 for the hazard perception. The difference being, that I was more confident in how often I could click. However, I did get scored 0 for one video, and I was going to appeal it, until she said that I'd passed with more than needed to become an instructor anyways! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending