The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
The other 6 were offside too, even the penalty :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not making excuses for the other 6, I'm saying the linesman needed his eyes tested.
Rowett's in now tho so bring on Wolves!
Original post by Mackay
What a success story Bournemouth have become.

Always handy to have a benefactor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Riga leaves Blackpool. (Should've been given more time tbh, not his fault he arrived at a club with only eight players in contract)
Haha apparently Clark is going to Blackpool
Original post by Midlander
Always handy to have a benefactor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Credit to the Bournemouth manager too.

Pleased with the home FA Cup draw for the Bees, assuming we beat Chelmsford tomorrow night.
Original post by barnetlad
Credit to the Bournemouth manager too.

Pleased with the home FA Cup draw for the Bees, assuming we beat Chelmsford tomorrow night.

Howe is talented too of course, but it always helps when the owner has a few quid. Home tie against Worcester who I didn't even know had a football team, that's the 1st round for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2-0 down, 5-2 up. He's John Eustace and he'll lift the cup!
Norwich-Bolton on Sky tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing Lennon in action.
Feeling slightly apologetic to any Coventry fans out there. These last two seasons we seem to be loaning you all our players and then giving you others when contracts expire. The latest prize (tool) being Gary Madine who they were interested in during the summer. Why we didn't get rid then is beyond me.

Hopefully should do something for Coventry though but little hopes of him coming back rejuvenated like Maguire did.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Feeling slightly apologetic to any Coventry fans out there. These last two seasons we seem to be loaning you all our players and then giving you others when contracts expire. The latest prize (tool) being Gary Madine who they were interested in during the summer. Why we didn't get rid then is beyond me.

Hopefully should do something for Coventry though but little hopes of him coming back rejuvenated like Maguire did.

Another tool with a conviction to his name...
Original post by nixonsjellybeans

Your apology is accepted good sir although after the shower of **** otherwise known as David Prutton it isn't quite enough. I remember when we loaned Madine from Carlisle in the Championship in what I assume was some kind of joke as nobody had heard of him at that point.

Maybe it will work better in this league?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Norwich looked strong tonight. Such good strength in depth, the quality of their substitutes meant Bolton had no chance. Still think BWFC will be okay with Lennon now at the helm, though.
Original post by Mackay
Norwich looked strong tonight. Such good strength in depth, the quality of their substitutes meant Bolton had no chance. Still think BWFC will be okay with Lennon now at the helm, though.

Beckford is such deadweight and it showed tonight unfortunately. Although we didn't create much until Davies came on, there was a lot of promise from our power players from the Prem days such as chungy and Mark Davies. Even though Nowrich created more I never felt like we we're out of the game, but think they we're value for the 3 in the end.
Original post by ..DT..
Beckford is such deadweight and it showed tonight unfortunately. Although we didn't create much until Davies came on, there was a lot of promise from our power players from the Prem days such as chungy and Mark Davies. Even though Nowrich created more I never felt like we we're out of the game, but think they we're value for the 3 in the end.

To be fair, if you play an attacking style being 2-0 down doesn't make you feel like you're out of the game.
Honestly I felt Lennon was naive in his tactics because you can see the poor run we've been on is because teams have sat back and hit us on the break whereas he seemed to try and attack us letting space we could exploit. I think you will be fine at the end of the season, but this seemed like a tactical error.
Come on the Wolves, lets go top!
Hollowhead returning to the Vic today for the first time since he trawled through our programme with a marker pen two seasons ago with Palace. Hope we send him to London with a heavy defeat.
Original post by ..DT..

Mark Davies is a heck of a player. His and Holden's injuries, coupled with the Muamba thing, didn't help you during the relegation season. You were desperately unlucky.
Yet another win for the Bees. Better keep up winning so that the League can be at the Hive next season.
Back to two points clear at the top of the league. Starting to get more and more confident about this year. Last time a team was top 15 games in and didn't get promoted was ourselves back in 07/08.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like Matty Fry-up might be back for Forest tomorrow night. Our win against Derby on Saturday was pretty fab and kicking us on to getting something at Forest isn't out of the question either considering their recent run of results.

This league is so much better than League One, every game is so big!

Quick Reply

Latest