The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by President M.E.
Is HSBC just numerical?

Yes it is. And a pretty easy one
Original post by tru.and
Well, i have an uncommon university career, i am from Italy,milan, got a bachelor degree in philosophy with the higest grade but while i was studying philosophy i have found interest in finance and so i decided to get a bachelor in economics and financial markets at the same university(catholic university of Milan). I regret of not having gone to Bocconi, but here i am: i should finish in february with high grade(107\110). I can paste my cv...when you look at the mail and discover "we regret blabla, wish u the best for blablabla" is so depressing.
What about you? Any tips?

Sure, could you send CV through private message.

By finish in february do you mean you are graduating in 2015?
Original post by tru.and
x

Just keep soldiering on. A 0.1% chance is better than 0% is my philosophy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys,
How soon will you know if you fail an online test?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Guys,
How soon will you know if you fail an online test?

For which firm?
Original post by Anonynous
For which firm?

For DB, please.
Thank you very much again for your replies to all of my posts.
I am very grateful for that.
For DB, please.

I haven't actually submitted my application for DB so honestly wouldn't know.
I have not received an invitation to HSBC test. Even though I have submitted it a week ago.
Original post by gytautask
I have not received an invitation to HSBC test. Even though I have submitted it a week ago.

I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and still no word. Just says application under consideration.
For DB, please.

I failed DBs test and got a rejection email a couple of days later
Original post by elvynboro
I failed DBs test and got a rejection email a couple of days later

I am sorry to hear that. I just finished the test and had to guess on 4-5 questions. Unfortunately, I just have to bear with it until they send me that automatic rejection email.
Anybody know what time Barclays opens at today?
Original post by Anonynous
I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and still no word. Just says application under consideration.

seriously? damn, then no rush for me to submit I guess. they screen before testing

Hi all,

This is a print screen of my DB spring week application page, it has 'interview process' in bold, does this mean I have passed the initial stages of the numerical test and competency questions? I am yet to receive any sort of email since taking the test.
Original post by Roadrage27

Hi all,

This is a print screen of my DB spring week application page, it has 'interview process' in bold, does this mean I have passed the initial stages of the numerical test and competency questions? I am yet to receive any sort of email since taking the test.

I have the same. Pretty sure it just means that we have submitted our applications and haven't (as far as I know) failed the test that everyone receives within 5 days of submission.
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
I have the same. Pretty sure it just means that we have submitted our applications and haven't (as far as I know) failed the test that everyone receives within 5 days of submission.

I had the same question all day, having just completed my online test. However, I assume that the rejection will come on Monday, given that it is the weekend?

good to hear, where else have you applied? and is DB your first choice?
Original post by Roadrage27
good to hear, where else have you applied? and is DB your first choice?

I've applied to Pwc, MS, GS, Credit Suisse, RBS, DB, JP, Rothschild, Citi, BAML, Nomura, ICAP, UBS and am currently finishing off RBC Capital Markets, BNP and HSBC. I kinda regret applying this early as my CV is a little old now and most HR haven't even starting looking at spring applications yet :frown:

I went to the Different Dimensions DB event as well as a case study and actually found DB to be the most impressive bank so far
I've applied to Pwc, MS, GS, Credit Suisse, RBS, DB, JP, Rothschild, Citi, BAML, Nomura, ICAP, UBS and am currently finishing off RBC Capital Markets, BNP and HSBC. I kinda regret applying this early as my CV is a little old now and most HR haven't even starting looking at spring applications yet :frown:

I went to the Different Dimensions DB event as well as a case study and actually found DB to be the most impressive bank so far

Hi, you seemed to have a lot of experience with applications. I was wondering when did you finish your DB test?
Hi, you seemed to have a lot of experience with applications. I was wondering when did you finish your DB test?

About a month ago

Latest

Trending

Trending