The Student Room Group

Why She Will Never Know.

This seems so petty and I know a lot people may think I'm being foolish, but here I go anyway...

I read all these stories of how people suck up there guts and confess to there crushes, it leads me to think how is that even possible? I'm so hopelessly hooked on my crush. I cant stop thinking about her, no matter what I do I think about her all the time and I just dont have it in me to even start a casual conversation with her let alone tell her how I feel.

I'm not usually a sensee-feely sort of person, its gross, I know but bare with me.

I dont even know if she likes me back, I dont know the signs to look for. We spoke last exactly a month ago today on Twitter when she started the conversation. I want to talk to her but I dont know what to talk to her about and also, I dont want to come across as creepy because then she might never talk to me again ever.

Honestly dont know what to do, any help please.
Talk to her like she is a human being, I understand you are infatuated with her right now and so because of that it feels too difficult to even start a conversation, but if you just talk to her like you would any other person you will realise how it's not difficult at all, then when you can talk normally with her and become confident with normal conversations you can try to slip in some slip in some flirting and she if she reciprocates and then possibly ask her out. Don't put her on a pedestal, she a person not a god, she is your equal.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall
Talk to her like she is a human being, I understand you are infatuated with her right now and so because of that it feels too difficult to even start a conversation, but if you just talk to her like you would any other person you will realise how it's not difficult at all, then when you can talk normally with her and become confident with normal conversations you can try to slip in some slip in some flirting and she if she reciprocates and then possibly ask her out. Don't put her on a pedestal, she a person not a god, she is your equal.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I've been into her for around a year now. I've tried talking to her but I cant ever think of something to start the conversation, even when we do talk (very rarely) I run out of stuff to say and then the conversation slowly dies from there.

I think its worth mentioning that I have never asked a girl out nor been out with a girl, so this is kind of a big deal with me. (That doesn't mean I dont know how to talk to girls, I do have a lot of girl mates.)
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks for the advice. I've been into her for around a year now. I've tried talking to her but I cant ever think of something to start the conversation, even when we do talk (very rarely) I run out of stuff to say and then the conversation slowly dies from there.

I think its worth mentioning that I have never asked a girl out nor been out with a girl, so this is kind of a big deal with me. (That doesn't mean I don't know how to talk to girls, I do have a lot of girl mates.)

Do you know what kind of hobbies she has? Do you have her on facebook? What kinds of things does she post about? Do you have common interests? Do you both like the same TV shows? Maybe talk to her about a new episode of a TV show that just came out and ask her what she thought about it. Literally anything, your problem is that you are over thinking everything purely because you like her, you would not do this with any other person.
Reply 4
Do you know what kind of hobbies she has? Do you have her on facebook? What kinds of things does she post about? Do you have common interests? Do you both like the same TV shows? Maybe talk to her about a new episode of a TV show that just came out and ask her what she thought about it. Literally anything, your problem is that you are over thinking everything purely because you like her, you would not do this with any other person.

We have opposite interest on a lot of things, she loves footy I hate it, she's really into world affairs and loves english, I dont really care and hate english. She watches chick-flicky sort of stuff, I watch TBBT, anime, etc...

Do you see my problem? :<

I'm really sorry for picking your brain like this, thanks so much though.
We have opposite interest on a lot of things, she loves footy I hate it, she's really into world affairs and loves english, I dont really care and hate english. She watches chick-flicky sort of stuff, I watch TBBT, anime, etc...

Do you see my problem? :<

I'm really sorry for picking your brain like this, thanks so much though.

If you don't share interests can I ask you to pinpoint what it is about her you actually like?

Don't worry about it man.
Reply 6
If you don't share interests can I ask you to pinpoint what it is about her you actually like?

I dont really have the same interest that she does, but I like how she likes them things. I like the way she looks, talks, acts, everything.

We actually used to talk a lot before I had a crush on her, when we did our conversations used to last for ever literally we just used to manage to talk about literally anything, then we stopped talking completely for a while. I guess your right, quite obviously in fact.
Reply 7
I dont really have the same interest that she does, but I like how she likes them things. I like the way she looks, talks, acts, everything.

We actually used to talk a lot before I had a crush on her, when we did our conversations used to last for ever literally we just used to manage to talk about literally anything, then we stopped talking completely for a while. I guess your right, quite obviously in fact.

If you don't have similar interests what is it you would talk about? Generally I'd suggest starting a conversation about something you've just seen - say if you both liked an artist "omg have you heard xxxx's new song?" etc.

Very good point. He is infatuated by her physical appearance and possibly his own inaccurate perception of her personality. Given how much time he says he spent speakin to this lass, how can he possibly know what shes really like?
Reply 9
Original post by Laomedeia
Very good point. He is infatuated by her physical appearance and possibly his own inaccurate perception of her personality. Given how much time he says he spent speakin to this lass, how can he possibly know what shes really like?

on second thought, I think your right, but I did talk to her in high school and college so I do know what shes like. But, like you say, maybe I am just infatuated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending