The Student Room Group

staying motivated in sixth form?

Hi, I'm feeling really fed up and bored with sixth form. I'm redoing year 12 and two months the initial excitement of new people, new timeyables and two new subjects (what can I say I'm very sad) has worn off and i'm feeling bored and unmotivated. I don't know what I want to do after sixth form (probably uni but I don't know what to do) so have no longterm goals to work towards (short term doesn't do it for me, I like to aim big even if its unlikely) and I don't want to mess up the chance I have to get really good results (having studied two of my subjects last year so I know the course pretty well) because I'm feeling a bit mopey. How can I get motivated?
Original post by Nadnight258
Hi, I'm feeling really fed up and bored with sixth form. I'm redoing year 12 and two months the initial excitement of new people, new timeyables and two new subjects (what can I say I'm very sad) has worn off and i'm feeling bored and unmotivated. I don't know what I want to do after sixth form (probably uni but I don't know what to do) so have no longterm goals to work towards (short term doesn't do it for me, I like to aim big even if its unlikely) and I don't want to mess up the chance I have to get really good results (having studied two of my subjects last year so I know the course pretty well) because I'm feeling a bit mopey. How can I get motivated?

Bumping and moved this to Alevels - hope it helps and you get a response soon :h:

:hat2:
Original post by Nadnight258

I didn't know what I wanted to do in year 12 at this point in the year.. but like near the end of the year I realised I wanted to do maths and now i'm in year 13 everything has changed. Just do something you enjoy doing at uni, don't worry about things you think you should be doing.

Quick Reply

Latest