The Student Room Group

Ideal summer holiday for a couple?

my boyfriend and i want to go on holiday after our A2 exams next year so end of june time- does anyone have any ideas of romantic places to go- we dont have a large budget and remain in europe- we thought about cornwall or paris but we want it to be special and celebrate our 3 year anniversary :smile:
You can get 3/4 nights in Amsterdam, Prague, Dublin etc for very cheap. If you sign up to a voucher website like Wowcher and Group on you can get them quite often for like £120 for three nights per person. That includes flights and breakfasts usually too.

My boyfriend and I went to Edinburgh for a long weekend last year and that was really nice.
Original post by runningoutoftime
my boyfriend and i want to go on holiday after our A2 exams next year so end of june time- does anyone have any ideas of romantic places to go- we dont have a large budget and remain in europe- we thought about cornwall or paris but we want it to be special and celebrate our 3 year anniversary :smile:

Is Paris not special? Some girls are hard to please! It really is a great city to go to with your partner, I can't imagine what more you could want really, unless you mean special as in you just want to do something different.

Venice is really cool and unique, but maybe not possible if you're on a budget, it's really expensive.

If you're less bothered about the romantic part (you make your own romance, no?) Prague is a great shout, my favourite European city, pretty cheap.
Original post by pinkbullets
You can get 3/4 nights in Amsterdam, Prague, Dublin etc for very cheap. If you sign up to a voucher website like Wowcher and Group on you can get them quite often for like £120 for three nights per person. That includes flights and breakfasts usually too.

My boyfriend and I went to Edinburgh for a long weekend last year and that was really nice.

Ye i have seen some of the wowcher deals which look fab- we just want it to special before uni especially if we end up going to different unis :smile:

Original post by Mankytoes
Is Paris not special? Some girls are hard to please! It really is a great city to go to with your partner, I can't imagine what more you could want really, unless you mean special as in you just want to do something different.

Venice is really cool and unique, but maybe not possible if you're on a budget, it's really expensive.

If you're less bothered about the romantic part (you make your own romance, no?) Prague is a great shout, my favourite European city, pretty cheap.

Well i have heard that paris isnt as romantic as everyone says it is? as long as im with him i am happy but we want it to be something we never forget - our budget has increased alot since we both have new jobs which pay well so can afford to spend abit more :smile:

Well i have heard that paris isnt as romantic as everyone says it is? as long as im with him i am happy but we want it to be something we never forget - our budget has increased alot since we both have new jobs which pay well so can afford to spend abit more :smile:

Well I think romance is something you make yourselves, more than something that you get from your surroundings. It is certainly a beautiful city, I don't think anyone could deny that. Have a look at the different things you can do, me and my girlfriend are a bit weird so we spent a lot of time around the Pigalle, the red light district (the sex museum really is great), but I guess that isn't most people's idea of romance... what we stumbled upon which was great was that loads of people like sitting by the river at night in certain places. There was loads of latin dancing and stuff, really nice atmosphere.

If you've got a bit more money, Venice is an amazing place to go, it's just totally unique, I think everyone should go with their partner if they get the chance.
Minehead, Bognor, Eastbourne, can't go wrong.
Original post by Mankytoes
Well I think romance is something you make yourselves, more than something that you get from your surroundings. It is certainly a beautiful city, I don't think anyone could deny that. Have a look at the different things you can do, me and my girlfriend are a bit weird so we spent a lot of time around the Pigalle, the red light district (the sex museum really is great), but I guess that isn't most people's idea of romance... what we stumbled upon which was great was that loads of people like sitting by the river at night in certain places. There was loads of latin dancing and stuff, really nice atmosphere.

If you've got a bit more money, Venice is an amazing place to go, it's just totally unique, I think everyone should go with their partner if they get the chance.

Thanks, we just want a holiday we wont forget before uni, we are considering venice and we may book it in a couple of weeks :biggrin:
Thanks, we just want a holiday we wont forget before uni, we are considering venice and we may book it in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

Go to Venice. I went with my parents last year when I was 21 and I have to say, it is the most gorgeous place I have ever been to. :smile:
Original post by userna-me*
Go to Venice. I went with my parents last year when I was 21 and I have to say, it is the most gorgeous place I have ever been to. :smile:

Im so excited for next year! finishing A2 , Venice and 3 months of relaxing!!

Quick Reply