The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aso816
LSE-A*AA
UCL-A*AA
Bristol-AAA
Queen Mary-AAA
Those 3As one will most likely to be backup choice so i am hoping to at least get one offer from the 3A*AA unis.

Isn't Bristol A*AA?
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I'd say Warwick then, unless you're desperate to do a placement year

Yeah pretty sure warwick offers summer internship connections with large firms, but i am not sure how competitive is warwick (i mean the ratio of successful application to total applications) My AS results are 4As and 1B with A*3As prediction
Do you think my choices are too risky tho?
Original post by Skill Twix
Isn't Bristol A*AA?

The 4 years course is AAA
Original post by Aso816
Yeah pretty sure warwick offers summer internship connections with large firms, but i am not sure how competitive is warwick (i mean the ratio of successful application to total applications) My AS results are 4As and 1B with A*3As prediction
Do you think my choices are too risky tho?

I think it's something like 3 applicants per place so fairly competitive, more so than bath anyway

I've applied and I have the same AS results as you, although higher A2 predictions but you're in a fairly good position

Personally I went for 3 competitive ones (Cambridge, Warwick and Durham(well durham's not mega competitive but still 2 apps per place) and 2 less competitive notts and leeds, so you'd be in a similar position to me :smile:

If you're worried about not getting into LSE and UCL I would maybe be tempted to go for Bath as they've given out loads of offers already

Have you been to either campus?
I think it's something like 3 applicants per place so fairly competitive, more so than bath anyway

I've applied and I have the same AS results as you, although higher A2 predictions but you're in a fairly good position

Personally I went for 3 competitive ones (Cambridge, Warwick and Durham(well durham's not mega competitive but still 2 apps per place) and 2 less competitive notts and leeds, so you'd be in a similar position to me :smile:

If you're worried about not getting into LSE and UCL I would maybe be tempted to go for Bath as they've given out loads of offers already

Have you been to either campus?

I know haha 3 of my 4As are 87-88% so no A* predictions for those subjects:/ I am more than happy to go to Bristol for their 4 years course but not sure about Queen Mary (just another backup lol)
I have been to the Warwick campus 2 years ago but was thinking about chemistry at that time and at the end i dropped it because of the B grade-_- Therefore i am not sure about their economics department. Personally i dont mind the campus environment but it could be a bit boring i guess?
Original post by Aso816
The 4 years course is AAA

So that means including the masters huh?
So that means including the masters huh?

A year of study abroad in Europe, think it is still Bsc
Original post by Aso816
A year of study abroad in Europe, think it is still Bsc

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2015/economics/bsc-econ-europe/
This one?
Wow L100 Economics entry requirements are A*AA.Isn't this a competitive course?
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2015/economics/bsc-econ-europe/
This one?
Wow L100 Economics entry requirements are A*AA.Isn't this a competitive course?

Yeah definitely but not as competitive as warwick ucl those i guess?...
Still worth a try tho i think and it is a perfect university for backup:smile:
Original post by Aso816
Yeah definitely but not as competitive as warwick ucl those i guess?...
Still worth a try tho i think and it is a perfect university for backup:smile:

I never knew that.I was going for the A*AA Economics course.I am still finishing off my personal statement.I've produced a shortlist of universities.
Manchester,Leeds,UCL,KCL,Surrey,Warwick,Bath,Bristol and Birmingham.
I never knew that.I was going for the A*AA Economics course.I am still finishing off my personal statement.I've produced a shortlist of universities.
Manchester,Leeds,UCL,KCL,Surrey,Warwick,Bath,Bristol and Birmingham.

UCL Warwick Bath Bristol are really good i think, not sure about Leeds because i have never visited there but i don't like birmingham and manchester personally. Surrey has been increasing their entry offers quite a lot in recent years( don't know why they ask for A*AA) and KCL one is economics and management?
Original post by Aso816
I know haha 3 of my 4As are 87-88% so no A* predictions for those subjects:/ I am more than happy to go to Bristol for their 4 years course but not sure about Queen Mary (just another backup lol)
I have been to the Warwick campus 2 years ago but was thinking about chemistry at that time and at the end i dropped it because of the B grade-_- Therefore i am not sure about their economics department. Personally i dont mind the campus environment but it could be a bit boring i guess?

Ah fair enough

Warwicks economics department is pretty big, I think it has the most funding of any department on campus? So it's pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah fair enough

Warwicks economics department is pretty big, I think it has the most funding of any department on campus? So it's pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's cool
btw what is your backup uni and have you got offers yet
Ah fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick is a campus university?Isn't it like Manchester?I mean it's similar to Nottingham then?a campus site university
For those who have applied to Oxbridge: how is everyone preparing for interviews?

The more I think about potentially getting an interview, the more scared I am & the more I can't stop procrastinating!!
Hi everyone,

I just wanted people's opinions on whether I am likely to get offers from Bath (twice), Bristol, Nottingham, UCL.
My AS grades are AAAB in Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
A2 predictions are A*A*A in Economics, Maths and FM.
Original post by JAthwal1
Hi everyone,

I just wanted people's opinions on whether I am likely to get offers from Bath (twice), Bristol, Nottingham, UCL.
My AS grades are AAAB in Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
A2 predictions are A*A*A in Economics, Maths and FM.

As long as your GCSE profile, PS and reference are decent, you stand a good chance at all of them.
Original post by Aso816
that's cool
btw what is your backup uni and have you got offers yet

My backup uni's leeds and I've got offers from leeds and nottingham :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick is a campus university?Isn't it like Manchester?I mean it's similar to Nottingham then?a campus site university

Warwick is like ultimate campus uni, like nottingham but sort of even more so because the closest city is Coventry and that's not exactly a massive city
It's nothing like Manchester uni from what I can remember of manc, that's like all across a main road isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oreoenthusiast
For those who have applied to Oxbridge: how is everyone preparing for interviews?

The more I think about potentially getting an interview, the more scared I am & the more I can't stop procrastinating!!

I'm just going to revise all my maths and economics that I've done this year and last year and keep on top of extra reading, might try and reread parts of some of the books in my ps
But I think my school might do some prep with me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending