The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzyyyyy
Urg Ik. The worst bit was when my teacher told me I needed to change my logo do I literally had to change EVERYTHING all through the whole coursework and it took forever!

Oh yeah same with me, because of that one colour stuff. I had to go through my entire video as well. The worst part for me, was when I was told my PowerPoint was too long, sooo painful cutting down all of my hard work and removing it from the review. But on the positive side, at least it's an easy A* :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy halloween all :biggrin:
:cry: Half term is almost over.. :cry:
How are you guys finding year 11 so far? Any different from last year?
Original post by Gingerbread101
:cry: Half term is almost over.. :cry:
How are you guys finding year 11 so far? Any different from last year?

IKR :l we've got mocks in the next three weeks so mine was pretty much revision. I think there's more stress in yr 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipanda99
Hi,
Is anyone her on Ocr 21st century for science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I am. What course are you taking? Double or triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
IKR :l we've got mocks in the next three weeks so mine was pretty much revision. I think there's more stress in yr 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I thought there was more stress too, good luck with your mocks!! :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Yeah, I thought there was more stress too, good luck with your mocks!! :smile:

Thanks! How was your half term?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gmahapatra
Thanks! How was your half term?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very busy with hwk, but I got to see my friends a lot and I'm going out for a meal with my bf tomorrow which is nice :smile:
Have you done anything other than revision?
Original post by Firenze26
I think I am. What course are you taking? Double or triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am taking the triple. Have you done the coursework yet for any of the courses you are doing? Double or Triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am taking the triple. Have you done the coursework yet for any of the courses you are doing? Double or Triple?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already done the chem and bio coursework. We have the physics one coming up next month. What did you get on yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryjpie99
Hi can somebody please help me, I want to know if you can resit exams?

You can, yes, but there are some schools that have policies where people are not allowed to resit. That won't stop you from retaking exams privately, however.

If you live in England though and you wish to retake, you will need to retake ALL exams for a particular subject (not including controlled assessment/coursework) from now on.
Original post by usycool1
You can, yes, but there are some schools that have policies where people are not allowed to resit. That won't stop you from retaking exams privately, however.

If you live in England though and you wish to retake, you will need to retake ALL exams for a particular subject (not including controlled assessment/coursework) from now on.

If I wanted to retake science for example would and I only wanted to redo the coursework would I have to sit the exams as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already done the chem and bio coursework. We have the physics one coming up next month. What did you get on yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, my school does all the coursework in year eleven. We started with physics and I am doing a little bit of chemistry as well. How was chemistry and biology anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, my school does all the coursework in year eleven. We started with physics and I am doing a little bit of chemistry as well. How was chemistry and biology anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it was exhausting and just plain hard. Although, I might be bias since my grades in the courseworks were quite bad compared to my theories'.

How's physics? Because I've built up several expectations during my chem and bio year but these past few months are changing my perceptions.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
If I wanted to retake science for example would and I only wanted to redo the coursework would I have to sit the exams as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 100% sure but at a guess, I'd say yes as you'd need to satisfy the 100% terminal rule. Speak to your examinations officer for a definitve answer, though. Also, for controlled assessments, your latest mark will count even if it is lower than the original. :yy:
Ugh, I've lost my Lord of the Flies book and my business homework over half term. Better prepare for the apocalyptic events that are known to all as.. detentions. :frown:
thinking about getting my own copies of everything for english.

cant remeber everything we do though. think its of mice and men, lord of the files, a view from the bridge and something else? cant remeber if thats everything.
Well, it was exhausting and just plain hard. Although, I might be bias since my grades in the courseworks were quite bad compared to my theories'.

How's physics? Because I've built up several expectations during my chem and bio year but these past few months are changing my perceptions.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it! 😃 Anyway, physics is not really my favourite out of the three, and I just didn't get the point of this coursework at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I hear about the physics coursework this year, I think it might be the best one out of the three experiments though.

Although, I am a bit nervous about it since I'm not prepared. With bio and chem, I actually studied a bit before the start of the gcse course but with physics, I became a bit overconfident. Since, I've always thought that being adequate in maths would make you adequate in physics.

How far are you into the course? I've already finished chem and bio last year and I've just finished P1 and P4 before half-term. Currently doing P5 - the 'hardest' unit or so my teacher says.

P.S.

Sorry for the long reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I hear about the physics coursework this year, I think it might be the best one out of the three experiments though.

Although, I am a bit nervous about it since I'm not prepared. With bio and chem, I actually studied a bit before the start of the gcse course but with physics, I became a bit overconfident. Since, I've always thought that being adequate in maths would make you adequate in physics.

How far are you into the course? I've already finished chem and bio last year and I've just finished P1 and P4 before half-term. Currently doing P5 - the 'hardest' unit or so my teacher says.

P.S.

Sorry for the long reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

About to start the high control part of the physics coursework. Doing the main experiment for chemistry coursework now and starting biology coursework after coming back from half term. I have just finished B6 and I have nearly finished both P6 and C6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest