The Student Room Group

Do You Care About Someone's "Style"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yo radical one
One more thing to add

Short hair, is a massive no no

Is super long hair (think Serena van der Woodsen's from Gossip Girl) OK?
I do care a little bit but not to a huge extent. My boyfriend doesn't dress fantastically but I love him enough to see past that. To be fair, he didn't dress fantastically when we first got together and it didn't stop me from being attracted to him so I guess I don't care that much. However, whether I would be able to be attracted to someone wearing a two piece tracksuit is questionable. I do appreciate a nice suit on a guy.
I think I care more about how they act. If it seems like they're not being themselves and are really uppity like they're trying too hard to be seen in a certain way (cough cough emo/punk/hipster cough cough) then it just seems sad, pathetic, and immature.
Original post by suirrel
I think I care more about how they act. If it seems like they're not being themselves and are really uppity like they're trying too hard to be seen in a certain way (cough cough emo/punk/hipster cough cough) then it just seems sad, pathetic, and immature.

I find your post too mainstream :eyebrow:

Seriously, though, I know what you mean. That has something to do with personality as well though. I find hipsters usually sarcastic and snide and VERY hard to get on with
Original post by BreakingBadx
I find your post too mainstream :eyebrow:

Seriously, though, I know what you mean. That has something to do with personality as well though. I find hipsters usually sarcastic and snide and VERY hard to get on with

Lol, yeah. I consider myself a sarcastic person but it always seems to be overdone by these kinds of visibly "alternative" style people, you know? Like they're trying too hard to be perceived as "emo" or "hipster" so much so that they just look like wannabes. The most offbeat people I know aren't the people who dress like Tumblr 2011 (...or MySpace 2008), they dress as themselves and act like themselves.

That's quite telling actually. I guess my main thing I care about is people being themselves. /end generic teen movie
Original post by suirrel
Lol, yeah. I consider myself a sarcastic person but it always seems to be overdone by these kinds of visibly "alternative" style people, you know? Like they're trying too hard to be perceived as "emo" or "hipster" so much so that they just look like wannabes. The most offbeat people I know aren't the people who dress like Tumblr 2011 (...or MySpace 2008), they dress as themselves and act like themselves.

That's quite telling actually. I guess my main thing I care about is people being themselves. /end generic teen movie

Yep, I know what you mean. :yep:

Haha yes, that's the plot of every teen movie ever :rofl:

Oh, and thanks for the + rep btw if that was you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BreakingBadx
Yep, I know what you mean. :yep:

Haha yes, that's the plot of every teen movie ever :rofl:

Oh, and thanks for the + rep btw if that was you :smile:

No problem, I feel like the only person on this website who uses rep outside of voting for the top 3 comments. :cool: :cool::cool:
Obviously, I wouldn't date someone who dons business attire as everyday wear because I wouldn't feel comfortable being around them while I'm in my jeans.

Some people would also class me as alternative and that's what I find attractive in a girl too. I know a girl who dresses alternative we would share similar interests too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending