The Student Room Group

Will my bad GSCE results affect the University I have applied for?

Im currently applying for a few universities however my current results aren't reaching the requirements to get in. Im in my last of year of college (studying Software Development Level 3) and wondering if my grades on this course will create a positive affect on my personal statement.

If you want to be brutally honest im fine with it.
Original post by MrMighty
Im currently applying for a few universities however my current results aren't reaching the requirements to get in. Im in my last of year of college (studying Software Development Level 3) and wondering if my grades on this course will create a positive affect on my personal statement.

If you want to be brutally honest im fine with it.

How bad is 'bad'? And you should probably ask the universities themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Edminzodo
How bad is 'bad'? And you should probably ask the universities themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok my current grades are 1 B, 2 C's, 3 D's I also have an A* in a I.T Level 2 diploma but I dont think that is even considered by the university.
Ok my current grades are 1 B, 2 C's, 3 D's I also have an A* in a I.T Level 2 diploma but I dont think that is even considered by the university.

What are your grades for English Language and Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you got below a C in English and Maths.... it wont look good for you
Reply 5
Original post by Yemiisii
If you got below a C in English and Maths.... it wont look good for you

I do have a C in maths but im currently resisting my english because of the D grade. :frown:
Reply 6
I do have a C in maths but im currently resisting my english because of the D grade. :frown:

Hopefully when you resit the exam again you will get a C or higher! I dont think unis will look down at you for resitting. i know acouple friends that did maths/ English gcse while in Alevel and go to great unis.
Reply 7
Original post by Yemiisii
Hopefully when you resit the exam again you will get a C or higher! I dont think unis will look down at you for resitting. i know acouple friends that did maths/ English gcse while in Alevel and go to great unis.

Thats reassuring! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest