The Student Room Group

EPQ on top of 5 A-levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sonysharp11
Show off....

Meow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
ah fair enough, i hated french GCSE, just couldn't be bothered with it for most of the year so did crap in the coursework and made it impossible to get an a* overall :frown:

what modules are you doing in maths at the moment, we've finished c1 and are halfway through m1 and s1, all has been pretty easy so far. yeah chem is fairly easy, only annoying this is learning all the definitions :frown:

jealous.

Too bad I'm not :wink:

:nyan:
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
If it is related to what you want to do then yes (as long as you have the time). It could give you something to talk about in the interview.

Cambridge probably won't ask about the EPQ.
Original post by AlphaMolecule
Is it worth doing the EPQ on top of 5 A-levels. My subjects are Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Mandarin. Although it would be interesting and perhaps useful, would the workload be too much? I want to to Natsci at Cambridge (best case scenario).

last year, I did an EPQ titled "how much fluoride should British tap water contain?" alongside 5 AS-levels (Chemistry, biology, sociology, maths and Arabic)

The EPQ didn't really add to the work load because I completed most of it during the summer, so it didn't interrupt anything. It just depends on how confident you are in the other subjects imo
Reply 24
Lol that cat really hates you for no apparent reason? She always replies to you with something negative that it's becoming quite funny
Original post by Chlorophile

True however other universities probably will. You need a backup in case you don't get into Cambridge.
Reply 26
Original post by Chlorophile

A guy from my school applied to NatSci Chemical Engineering and he was asked about his project in his interview actually (and he got in but it's not a big factor I do believe)

Quick Reply

Latest