The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What a collectively fugly (**** ugly) boyband. What a bunch of gimps.
In terms of action film, i reckon 'Crank' from 2006 was the most entertaining film Ive seen

Seen better films of course , but this one didnt take itself too seriosuly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford

What a collectively fugly (**** ugly) boyband. What a bunch of gimps.

fella second from the left has genuinely model looks, cheekbone game is off the scale mate

guy on the far right needs to lose about 20kg and put on 10kg muscle but there is potential.

Rest are poverty imo

if youre in a boyband with a double chin then time to go home
(edited 9 years ago)
Shout out to that kebab shop across the road from Koko !

Meat always seems to be fresh
Offers you spices to see exactly how spicy you like it, kebab is always just as spicy
Salad is on point
Wraps it up absolutely perfectly, can eat it in your hand with no drama
Arsenal fan
£6.90

What a kebab it is !
(edited 9 years ago)
May try if I'm around ends. I love kebabs.
Original post by Zürich
fella second from the left has genuinely model looks, cheekbone game is off the scale mate

guy on the far right needs to lose about 20kg and put on 10kg muscle but there is potential.

Rest are poverty imo

if youre in a boyband with a double chin then time to go home

Second from left is just a niche model. Seems alternative (AllSaints or some **** like that)... so basically very out of place in terms of that band. As a collective they just look odd. Guy on the far right looks like he would be due a obesity transformation very easily, he looks like he can put the fat on at any moment.
(edited 9 years ago)
As an added side note, why the **** do freshers girls seem to be getting fatter and fatter every year? When I was at uni, majority of my female classmates were fatties, it seems to have got even worse. Depressing tbh.

edit: I blame fat ****s like Meghan Trainor saying it's ok to be fat. It is not ok to be fat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Second from left is just a niche model. Seems alternative (AllSaints or some **** like that)... so basically very out of place in terms of that band. As a collective they just look odd. Guy on the far right looks like he would be due a obesity transformation very easily, he looks like he can put the fat on at any moment.

not going to pretend, I am a 6/10 face guy(nice body and brain tho!). Mate of mine descibed my face as the kind of one you want to look right and see on D-Day but not in Mayfair. so not going to call these guys out who are or wlll be having more sex than either of us tbh
(edited 9 years ago)
In terms of the UK, I reckon these guys made the best video

Sick tune as well
Original post by Zürich

Sick tune as well

****, just spotted Straight Up G popping his jalebi on the background. Tokennnn.
Original post by Zürich

Sick tune as well

Na.

Original post by jam277

Rewards are mad though, if I hit targets I get to go to watch formula one at Cote D'Azur, 5* resorts, get to dine in a restaurant of my choice too. I'm getting more confident on the phone as well which is a good sign. Tbh since it's clearly demanding you get the money, no way you get a job where you're on 100k in a few years without it being ridiculously demanding. I have to enjoy it I guess.

You got a job now Jam?

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: Civil Service Fast Stream. There go my government dreams. Fell at the first hurdle. The Maths was just so hard, I knew about three questions...didn't know how to work out the others. Really really can't do Maths, my skills are in other areas. I'm devastated, that was my top choice grad scheme. Going to be a crushing day. :frown:
Original post by Eboracum
You got a job now Jam?

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: Civil Service Fast Stream. There go my government dreams. Fell at the first hurdle. The Maths was just so hard, I knew about three questions...didn't know how to work out the others. Really really can't do Maths, my skills are in other areas. I'm devastated, that was my top choice grad scheme. Going to be a crushing day. :frown:

Get someone else to do the test for you and hope they don't retest you on it later.
You got a job now Jam?

Just looked at the practice Maths test and that is probably the hardest thing i've come across in my entire life, it was so hard. I haven't done anything to do with proportion since I was at school! I somehow got the majority of them right but I have no idea how, most of it was complete guesswork. I worked out what I could in my head, and then selected the answer which was the closest. For the real thing i'd probably use a calculator.

Do you know what percentage you need to pass?

I wouldn't let it get you down too much, my friend has applied and he's got the exact same problem as you but in reverse. He's brilliant at Maths but struggles with the verbal reasoning/essay writing side of things. He did a placement with the Government last year so he'd be a perfect candidate, yet these silly tests might catch him out. It's stupid really.
Original post by sr90

I wouldn't let it get you down too much, my friend has applied and he's got the exact same problem as you but in reverse. He's brilliant at Maths but struggles with the verbal reasoning/essay writing side of things. He did a placement with the Government last year so he'd be a perfect candidate, yet these silly tests might catch him out. It's stupid really.

Thanks man, you're a gooden' :smile:

Yeah. As a Politics student I'd given anything to be rolling out of Whitehall in a suit. I'm finding the whole process of applying for grad jobs to be a bit soul destroying to be honest. I think I've got a cracking CV for someone my age, done lots of stuff, but so far I've had four rejections, still in the hunt for three others. But it's just like what do you have to do to get hired!

I scraped a C in GCSE Maths and I haven't looked at Maths since. And it's like here we are in final year, I just haven't the time to put hours in training at Maths with so much other stuff to do. If I'm honest I'm shaky at percentages let alone ratios. So annoying when you're failing at the first hurdle and people at the same uni as you are already on Assessment Day :frown:

What's your plan SR90, are you applying for grad jobs? I have a Masters offer, so if I don't get a grad job I'm going to take that, not a chance I'm going back to entry level employment, as arrogant as it is, once I've been to uni I just take the view that I'm too good for a shop or something.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Get someone else to do the test for you and hope they don't retest you on it later.

It's an option K&K, and I know others do it, but I'm a moral man and wouldn't like to do this. Also you'd almost certainly be testing again. Are you a final year graduate currently applying for graduate schemes as well? :smile:
It's an option K&K, and I know others do it, but I'm a moral man and wouldn't like to do this. Also you'd almost certainly be testing again. Are you a final year graduate currently applying for graduate schemes as well? :smile:

Yes. Can already feel the process affecting my third year studies.
Really take your time to practice the tests on AssessmentDay etc. These tests are designed to cut down the number of applicants so it makes sense they are hard.
What's your plan SR90, are you applying for grad jobs? I have a Masters offer, so if I don't get a grad job I'm going to take that, not a chance I'm going back to entry level employment, as arrogant as it is, once I've been to uni I just take the view that I'm too good for a shop or something.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I was always told to take any job and then look for one you really want. I'm thinking of moving to either London or Manchester next year so it's just trying to find what is available in either of those cities really. I haven't really applied for any grad schemes yet as i've been too preoccupied with trying to find a job for the short term.

I think i'm a brilliant candidate who is unfortunate not to have a first to my name, but these schemes have like 200 applicants per place. No matter how good we are there will always be so many people who are better.
Original post by sr90
Yeah I know what you mean, but I was always told to take any job and then look for one you really want. I'm thinking of moving to either London or Manchester next year so it's just trying to find what is available in either of those cities really. I haven't really applied for any grad schemes yet as i've been too preoccupied with trying to find a job for the short term.

I think i'm a brilliant candidate who is unfortunate not to have a first to my name, but these schemes have like 200 applicants per place. No matter how good we are there will always be so many people who are better.

Yes, you've graduated haven't you. Do you find it easier applying to grad jobs now that you don't have the uni work to do? I'm finding it hard to balance, as applying for these schemes and doing these tests is just so time consuming. I've just this morning submitted my 7th application and I'm pretty mentally exhausted and not sure how many more I can do tbh. I have a list of like 20 but I doubt I'll make it down the list.

Original post by sr90
These jobs will have something ridiculous like 150 applicants per place. No matter how good either of us are there will be 100 people who are better :pierre:

I know man, it's soul destroying. And you meet people that like got in to their first application. The only thing I take is that most people I know in my personal life who have graduated found graduate level employment within a year, so I take hope in that, but I'm beginning to think that graduates schemes are a no go just because of the numbers and that it would be better to explore other ways in!

That's the problem, 150 applicants per place. Far far too many people go to university now, Major and Blair should never have expanded the system, but at the risk of sounding like sour grapes I won't say anymore.

Really take your time to practice the tests on AssessmentDay etc. These tests are designed to cut down the number of applicants so it makes sense they are hard.

Yeah this is true. It's just difficult man when your a third year and have a lot of uni work to do. To be honest I practised the Verbal Reasoning many times in Summer on that website, but I just can't seem to get any higher than about 20/30. How many do you get? I admit I need more Maths practise. How are they for you, you a final year applying for grad schemes?

Latest