The Student Room Group

Alone and sad on my birthday

So I've woken up on my birthday and no one is here. I decided to stay with my boyfriend this weekend (ldr) as i thought we could spend the day together. Anyway, turns out he had to work. I feel a bit depressed opening my cards on my own. I know it's silly because birthdays aren't even a big deal I just wouldn't have thought it would be more special as it's my first birthday with my bf. Is it bad I'm a little bit miffed? If I'd known I'd be alone on my birthday I would have had it at home, where at least I'd have some family around.
Reply 1
Happy Birthday. Celebrate when you bf comes home. Make a better plan for next year.
Reply 2
Be grateful you have someone coming home to you in the evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy birthday! :smile: Why don't you call up family or friends and go out for coffee or something? Just get out of the house :smile: Hope your day gets better! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by oompa_loompa
Happy birthday! :smile: Why don't you call up family or friends and go out for coffee or something? Just get out of the house :smile: Hope your day gets better! :smile:

Because I'm staying with my bf and he lives a long way from where I do. Plus I don't have many friends anyway.
:woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :hugs:
:birthday: :cake: :present:
Reply 6
Happy birthday. You're lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy Birthday. :smile: have a nice day
Reply 8
I've spent many Birthdays alone, it's completely normal. Learn to enjoy your own company. :h:
Original post by Lil08
I've spent many Birthdays alone, it's completely normal. Learn to enjoy your own company. :h:

Agree with this. Happy Birthday though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it cheers you up you share you birthday with Marie Antoinette and the bloke who founded Sainsbury's.
You should go to Sainsbury's and buy a cake for yourself and you'll also be giving a small cash birthday present to Mr Sainsbury himself. How nice!:smile:
Happy Birthday :hugs:

Could you Skype or call some friends or family or something? :smile: Go and chill too - get your hair done or treat yourself or something, just relax and be happy on your own? I'm really extroverted but doing stuff on your own can be fun too. I hope you have a great day :smile:
Happy Birthday!

My family forgot my birthday one year when I still lived at home, so I know how depressing it can be:lol:

It will feel better this evening when bf comes home I hope. In the mean time treat yourself to some birthday fun! Make a cake, buy some stuff, watch your favourite films. After the chaos my birthdays are nowadays I would love a quiet rainy sunday birthday next year :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending